The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Erkenbrand takes his hand. "My name's Erkenbrand, and that ne'er-do-well over there" here he indicated Frea with a nod of his head "is my companion Frea. Alas, I too was wondering about that same question. Maybe something will come up that both of us can do."

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Nac Mac Feegle said:
Alas, I too was wondering about that same question. Maybe something will come up that both of us can do."

"Well, I didn't care much for shipboard life, but if this rain keeps up we're all gonna have to learn to sail. So what brings you gentleman to this rain soaked shore?"

Orvallon

First Post
The storm rages on...

The storm raged on...

Jasper Trenton looked at his wife, Alice, with tired eyes. Together, he as a priest of the Storm Lord, and she, as Mahana's priestess, had served the small community of Elam's Cleft for ten years. They had delivered babies, cured the sick when they could, and buried the dead in the old cemetary behind the shrine.

But now, at the oaken table of their small house beside the dual shrine, both of them were tired and worried. This storm was not the work of Vanar, that was sure, and both of them knew that it carried evil upon it. They were not the most powerful of clerics, but power had never been their main concern.

He reached out, and grasped her hand. "Perhaps the storm will pass come morning, love."

She smiled, and nodded, then her eyes widened. "Outside!" Jasper blinked seeing a green radiance reflected in her gaze, then turned toward the door of their small house, just as it smashed inward, reflecting a dark figure, a massive axe held in dark armored gauntlets.

Standing, hearing his wife behind him beginning a prayer for aid to Mahana, Jasper picked up his war hammer, and moved to meet the axewielder, a prayer of his own to the Lord of Storms upon his lips.

The prayer was never finished, as the axe split him from crown to navel. A harsh, grating chuckle was heard, as the creatures glowing green eyes moved to Alice, and it stepped forward, axe raised.

wizardneedsfood

First Post
This has got to be the worst storm I have ever seen in my life, Aidan Re'Trayl thought to himself as he walked along the road leading to Elam's Cleft. This brought a small smile to the young cleric of Aeos' face. Here he was, a young man who had spent his whole life either in his parent's house or in a monastary thinking he was an expert on the natural world.

Still, there was something about this storm that caused his skin to crawl, something that just didn't seem quite right to the senses of one long used to the feel of magic of the divine nature. Reaching inside his well work cloak, he clutched the holy symbol dangling from his neck and offered up a quick silent prayer to Aeos.

Feeling slightly better, Aidan continued up the path, wondering if his long time friend from the monastary would of beaten him to Elam's Cleft. The two had been sent out into the world to make it on their own at the same time, but took two paths. They had agreed to meet up after two months in this seaside town.

A larger smile came to Aidan's face as he recalled the halfling monk and the time they'd spent together. The past two months had been long hard and most of all lonely. There were bright spots, such as when he'd healed that sick old couple a week past and spent a few days helping them around their small farm in whatever ways he could.

Suddenly realizing he had reached the town, Aidan snapped out of his idyllic recolections. Spotting the meeting place, the Cleft Chin, what a strange name for an inn, he walked over to it and pulled the door open and quckly slipped inside to get out of the rain.

Last edited:

Orvallon

First Post
As the young cleric moves rather obliviously through the rain, and storms, green eyes watch from the darkness... A rotted arm lifts a crossbow, but an armored gauntlet presses it down again..."Wait...till all are assembled..."

A boy of twelve is making his way to the door of the Cleft Chin, lugging a truly impressive bundle of leather wrapped items on his back. He smiles at the cleric, through the rain, and says, "Good even, sir, are you staying for the night?" He shivers as the thunder roars, and the sky seems to flash an eerie green for a moment, before darkness returns.

The heavily laden boy hurries to follow the cleric into the cheery warmth of the Cleft.

Last edited:

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Aidan is momentarily distracted, not by introspection this time but by large green flash in the sky. He stares blankly up into the heavily overcast sky, his mouth moving slightly but not forming any real words. Finally he shakes himself and looks down at the small child with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I plan to stay here for the evening." He nods at the bundle on the boy's back. "That's quite the load you have there. Need any help with it...what was your name?"

Orvallon

First Post
wizardneedsfood said:
Aidan is momentarily distracted, not by introspection this time but by large green flash in the sky. He stares blankly up into the heavily overcast sky, his mouth moving slightly but not forming any real words. Finally he shakes himself and looks down at the small child with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I plan to stay here for the evening." He nods at the bundle on the boy's back. "That's quite the load you have there. Need any help with it...what was your name?"

"My name is Tobias, sir, though most here call me Toby. This stuff belongs to that gentleman over there." His head nods generally toward where the two fighters chat. He grins again. "I thank you for your offer of help, sir, but the job is mine, and I'm going to do it."

The boy has barely stopped speaking when another peal of thunder erupts, the green radiance lasting long enough to be plainly seen, before fading slowly away.

And then...

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Aidan smiles down at the boy once again. "All right Toby, I see you have it well in hand. I'm Aidan by the way, do you happen to know if a halfling has been around here lately?"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Erkenbrand sets aside his ale as the last lightning flashes, and turns towards his new companion.

"There's something unnatural about this weather Larris."

He turns momentarily, and calls out to his chatting friend. "Frea! Lay off the ale for now, I'm thinking this is a little too strange of a time for fuddled wits."

Frea turns, ready to make a retort, but catches sight of the look on his friend's face, and restrains himself. "Pardon me, ma'am" he says apologetically as he stands up and moves over to sit with the two fighters.

"What do you think's behind all this?" He asks, setting himself down in the chair, all frivolity set aside for the moment.

Orvallon

First Post
And then...

And then...

The door of the tavern is yanked open, and four figures walk in...all are dressed in rotting chain and leathers, holding longswords in half-skeletal hands...all seem misshapen, twisted in some fashion. Their eyes, or perhaps eye sockets, are aglow with a greenish light. They look around the room, and their eyes fall upon Oxana. "Well, well, boys..." The obvious leader speaks with a grating voice..."Looks like she ain't gone so far after all."

The four creatures lurch toward the half-celestial, raising their blades.

Rough layout: (my mapping skills are badly substandard)

The common room of the Cleft Chin is 30' E-W by 70' N-S. The fire by which Oxana is sitting, getting warm is midway down, along the East wall. The table at which Larris, Frea and Erkenbrand were conversing is 20' further South, and near the center of the East-West line. The kitchen door is in the SW corner, the door by which the creatures came in is in the NE corner. Steps leading to the upper floor are along the North wall. Aidan and Toby are standing close to the outer door, and there are three of the things standing clustered near the door, between it and cleric. The leader is beside Oxana, having just slashed her with his longsword.

Init Order:

Foe 16
Larris 15
Oxana 13
Erkenbrand 13
Foe 10
Frea 8
Aidan 6

The leader moves toward Oxana, and swings his longsword, saying "Remember me? I sure remember you." His blade cuts deep, for a total of 13 points of damage. Oxana can feel the touch of pure evil flow into her, as the blade touches her flesh.

Last edited:

Remove ads