• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

Orvallon

First Post
Round 3 - Cleft Chin

Positions at start of round:
Kaltesis-at top of stairs, looking down at the battle
Aidan - 15' from main door, with Toby between him and the bar
Oxana - 5' from South wall.
Larris - Facing a horror 10' W and 10' South of the main door.
Ari'mone - 5' from the main door, which is open, but on the inside now, and facing a largely iced malefic horror
Erkenbrand and Frea - flanking the leader near the fireplace.

Init Order:

Kaltesis 18
Foe 16
Larris 15
Ari'mone 14
Oxana 13
Calimorton 11
Foe 10
Toby 9
Dora 9
Erkenbrand & Frea 8
Aidan 6
Mrs. Calimorton 3

Kaltesis, having been meditating on the glories of Aeos, and the destruction of foul undead, before sensing the presence of several, had luckily not yet removed his enchanted chain armor, and thus had only to take up his weapons, and move to the sound of the fray.
Seeing the foul undead below, in the very inn he had chosen to get out of the beastly weather, he leapt upon them, voicing his outrage, the glowing nimbus of his holy aura washing over the horror immediately before him, and touching the one before Ari'mone as well...(for 3 points each). The creature before Ari'mone slowly sagged to the floor, much of it's physical form melting away in a welter of foul corruption. The paladin's blade came down hard, but the horror was warned by the pain of the holy light, and was able to turn the blade of Ghoulsbane with it's own weapon.

The leader of the foul beings, it's green balefire dimmed, hissed out, "You may defeat me, but it will avail you nothing...the doom of all this night has come..." Taking a firm grip on his blade, he swings with all his ghoulish might at Erkenbrand, once, then again, the second blow beating aside the Jordman's guard, and slashing a long bloody cut along his chest, which immediately blackens and seems to rot. (17 slashing, 3 special)

Larris, despite the pain of the foul wound in his arm, lays into the malformed creature before him with workmanlike efficiency, slashing it once, then again with a well-timed backstroke, (28 total) the balefire in the thing's eyes winking out as the corruption of it's passing fouls the air, it's body collapsing just as the other did.

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Aidan looks over at his friend Ari'mone who just managed to show up at the perfect time. "Ari, you have no idea how good it is to see you. And at least we know these things can die."

Aidan takes a swing at the remaining untouched horror at his side.

OOC: Due to the double buffs, the attack should be +10 for 1d8+3

Cryndo

Explorer
Aaldar Taluven - Human Male Wizard

Aaldar awakens from his disturbed slumber. Where am I? This is not my bed! What did those disturbing dreams mean? Suddenly a deep crashing Pkkkkkkk sound clears Aaldar's hazy mind. That thunder. I remember now. I was sent my Ewiel to deliver those books to his Druid friend. As I neared this settlement, that unnatural storm drenched me with pelting rain and that greenish lightning with that otherworldly thunder distracted my thoughts. It sounds as if the storm is still raging. Luckily I made it to this inn in Elam's Cleft.
Just then, a ruckus breaks out from somewhere else within the inn. It sounds almost as though a battle is raging. Suddenly, the fat man jumps out of his bed wearing only what Karn gave him at birth, grabs his bandolier and throws it around his bare chest, and runs to see what is happening.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
altesis Ghoulbane Male Human Ranger 2 / Paladin 3 / Cleric 1

"Lord Aeos, please give me the strenght to smite this fould being!"

Kaltesis will attempt to smite the undead that just parried his blow.

[OCC: Smite with longsword +10 attack, 1d8+1d6+7 damage
hand axe offhand weapon: +5 attack, 2d6+3 damage
(longsword, hit: +3 base +2 favored ennemy, +2 strenght + 3 smite (cha 17); damage 1d8 base, 1d6 feat +2 strenght +2 favored enemy, +3 paladin levels (smite);
hand axe, hit +3 base +2 favored ennemy, damage 1d6 base +1d6 feat +1 strenght +2 favored ennemy)
Note 1: this does not include buffs by the celestial and the priest
note 2: Holy radiance give the nasties 10' from my character 1d4 damage]

Acid_crash

First Post
"Aiden, you beat me here, that's a first," The halfling with goldish skin twirls in place, doing a spinning flurry of blows on the demon spawn he hit before.

"And you," nodding in the direction of the one that spoke to him, "shouldn't pick on smaller creatures that you can't hit."

Rayex

First Post
Oxana - Female Half-Celestial Bard

Oxana stop singing and move towards the fireplace while pointing at a mug on the table closest to where Frea, Erkenbrand and the foul leader are battling. The mug rises up into the air, and hover for some seconds, biding its time, before rushing at the foul creature.

OOC: She stop singing, but the Inspire Courage effects will last for 5 more rounds. Will then use Mage hand on a mug, will try to aim it as best as possible before "hurling" it at the leader of the fould creatures, trying to distract it.

Orvallon

First Post
Orvallon said:
Positions at start of round:
Kaltesis-at top of stairs, looking down at the battle
Aidan - 15' from main door, with Toby between him and the bar
Oxana - 5' from South wall.
Larris - Facing a horror 10' W and 10' South of the main door.
Ari'mone - 5' from the main door, which is open, but on the inside now, and facing a largely iced malefic horror
Erkenbrand and Frea - flanking the leader near the fireplace.

Init Order:

Kaltesis 18
Foe 16
Larris 15
Ari'mone 14
Oxana 13
Calimorton 11
Foe 10
Toby 9
Dora 9
Erkenbrand & Frea 8
Aidan 6
Mrs. Calimorton 3

Kaltesis, having been meditating on the glories of Aeos, and the destruction of foul undead, before sensing the presence of several, had luckily not yet removed his enchanted chain armor, and thus had only to take up his weapons, and move to the sound of the fray.
Seeing the foul undead below, in the very inn he had chosen to get out of the beastly weather, he leapt upon them, voicing his outrage, the glowing nimbus of his holy aura washing over the horror immediately before him, and touching the one before Ari'mone as well...(for 3 points each). The creature before Ari'mone slowly sagged to the floor, much of it's physical form melting away in a welter of foul corruption. The paladin's blade came down hard, but the horror was warned by the pain of the holy light, and was able to turn the blade of Ghoulsbane with it's own weapon.

The leader of the foul beings, it's green balefire dimmed, hissed out, "You may defeat me, but it will avail you nothing...the doom of all this night has come..." Taking a firm grip on his blade, he swings with all his ghoulish might at Erkenbrand, once, then again, the second blow beating aside the Jordman's guard, and slashing a long bloody cut along his chest, which immediately blackens and seems to rot. (17 slashing, 3 special)

Larris, despite the pain of the foul wound in his arm, lays into the malformed creature before him with workmanlike efficiency, slashing it once, then again with a well-timed backstroke, (28 total) the balefire in the thing's eyes winking out as the corruption of it's passing fouls the air, it's body collapsing just as the other did.

Ari'mone, speed and grace personified, notes that his wit and flashing blows are wasted on the creature immediately before him, which has collapsed under the onslaught of Kaltesis' holy aura, so instead moves to the last of the three horrific lackeys, his small fist striking out, but glancing off the thing's unnaturally thick hide and armor.

Oxana's celestial voice ceases, a note of glory hanging in the air, as she gestures at the pitcher she'd been pouring wine from earlier. The heavy earthenware vessel leaping at her command, to carom off the shoulder of the leader of the horrors, eliciting a hiss of annoyance. "Bloody hell, even the crockery is pissed off."

Calimorton, awakened from his immediate fear by the celestial song of valor Oxana sang, clutches a well made looking cutlass as he leaps over the bar, belying his age and widening beer belly, rushing towards the door of the kitchen from which the screams echoed a few moments before. "Love...?"

The last remaining horrorific lackey, caught between the shining paladin and the dancing halfling, blinks in annoyance at the paladin's aura, though some of the burns it received seem to fade, as it swings it's longsword, cutting a bloody swath into Kaltesis shoulder, which immediately starts to blacken with rot and corruption. (12 slashing, 2 special)

From the kitchen, more screams, a high pitched scream of terror, and a second, gurgling cry of mortal agony and despair, are heard.

Toby screams in desperate fear, and produces a dagger, more a working blade then one for fighting, and stabs at the foul thing between Kaltesis and Ari'mone, his blade sliding off it's armor without effect.

The door to the kitchen slams open, and Dora the serving girl rushes out, her wide green eyes near mindless with fear, half of her plain peasant's dress soaked in blood, tears running down her face.

Erkenbrand and Frea, their blades moving in perfect concert, slash hard at the leader of the horrors, both blades biting deep, Erkenbrand striking home twice, his first blow slashing the things sword arm, (9 points) his second cleanly severing it's neck, (12 points) The things corrupted, misshapen form collapses with the same welter of dark vileness that it's two lackeys showed.

Aidan, grimfaced, moves up between Toby and Larris, his mace upraised, bringing it down hard on the horror's arm, (7 points) the things blazing green orbs suddenly focussed on the cleric again. "Back to play some more, eh?"

At the top of the stairs, an odd apparition appears, a rather unkempt looking man, with a big, nigh portly body, and oddly spindly limbs, his only apparel being a leather bandolier.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Orvallon said:
The last remaining horrorific lackey, caught between the shining paladin and the dancing halfling, blinks in annoyance at the paladin's aura, though some of the burns it received seem to fade, as it swings it's longsword, cutting a bloody swath into Kaltesis shoulder, which immediately starts to blacken with rot and corruption. (12 slashing, 2 special)

[OCC: did Kaltesis miss his smite (i.e. this his actions already take place)? ]

if not, he'll do as written in post #55. If so, he'll keep attacking as in post #55, without the already used up smite

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris, seeing the fight at the door well in hand, disengages from combat and runs back to his table. He pauses just long enough to have a quick gulp of wine then take up his shield and quiver. He then runs for the kitchen door. Sword and shield at the ready.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads