• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Short and Long-term Effects of Nuclear Fallout on Faerun's Magical Weave

yangnome

First Post
My players made a very big mistake during tonight's session. So, I need some input. What do you think the short and log-term effects of nuclear fallout would be on Faerun's magical weave?

yangnome

First Post
I don't have that. could you sum it up, or send me a torrent to the pdf?

Edited to remove reference to piracy

Last edited:

The Traveler

First Post
yangnome said:
I only had the print edition, and can't remember what issue it was in.

Gist of it though was a template to turn any d20 monster into a giant city-snarfing beast in the grand tradition of Japanese rubber-suit cinema.

Kelleris

Explorer
yangnome said:

It's in an issue of Dragon. And piracy is illegal and horribly wrong and blah blah blah.

You, sir, are a bad, bad nothing-flavored individual.

DonTadow

First Post
I'm not sure if it would have an effect on the weave. If you want, you could make htat area a zone of wild magic with the addition of nuclear fallout ( super high levels of fire damage, random earthquakes, mutant cockroaches). Perhaps 50 percent chance of a antimagic zone 50 of a wild magic zone. No dimensinaol travel in the zone. Anyone traveling in the zone would have to make sanity checks as the half melted children and melded animals with buildings would be horrifiying

William Ronald

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
There are rules in Elements of Magic that might be useful for you. We were working on an optional 'nuclear fallout' radiation element, but we couldn't think of proper things for it to do that wouldn't be overpowered.

If it is still on the boards, the 2nd IR dealt with this issue. As I recall, the Weave is part of the fabric of Toril itself -- and a dying Weave would lead to a dying world.

yangnome

First Post
but would the weave die or just mutate. I like the idea of using a zone of wild magic, especially around ground zero. What would be the changes to the overall weave though? how would it change the shape of magic?

Remove ads