• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The signs were on the spine...

Sigdel

First Post
I was going through my RPG books, looking for ones to sell off to feed my growing habit of buying more RPG's, when I cam across a suprising discovery. Heroes of Battle and Heroes of Horror both have the 4ed D&D logo on their spines. Both of these books are at least two years old. I found it surprising that I did not connect the dots. Has anyone else seen this?

Dire Bare

Legend
Sigdel said:
I was going through my RPG books, looking for ones to sell off to feed my growing habit of buying more RPG's, when I cam across a suprising discovery. Heroes of Battle and Heroes of Horror both have the 4ed D&D logo on their spines. Both of these books are at least two years old. I found it surprising that I did not connect the dots. Has anyone else seen this?
Sorry, look again, they don't.

If you carefully compare the logo on the "Heroes of" books to the standard 3e logo, you'll see it's the same typeface and ampersand. It's just missing the sword, red color, and metal plate.

While it is laid out in the same fashion as the 4e logo we've seen, it isn't the same.

I can't believe I know this. I need to get a life.

Sigdel

First Post
Dire Bare said:
Sorry, look again, they don't.

If you carefully compare the logo on the "Heroes of" books to the standard 3e logo, you'll see it's the same typeface and ampersand. It's just missing the sword, red color, and metal plate.

While it is laid out in the same fashion as the 4e logo we've seen, it isn't the same.

I can't believe I know this. I need to get a life.

Sadly, your right. But I would call it a first sign. The resemblance is just too close to be coincidence.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
The different logo on the spine has something to do with the books being thinner, I bet-- taking up only 1 line fits better on a thin binding. Signs of things to come, I wonder. Only 8 core classes in 4e PHB... so I bet it is likely we'll be seeing less than 200 page books selling for $35 each... :]

Remove ads