The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye faces the mayor. "Sye Dillinger. I am merely in charge of troop morale. Most likely of little use to your needs - unless you have a human or a dwarf who needs cheering up."

Her eyes dart to Alister so that he can read her expression and know that she would keep a tight lip about her position unless specifically told otherwise. Her eyes said it all, 'These are elves, after all.'

She continues, "But tell me, mayor. From your positon and your vantage point, where does it appear that the most damage was done? I suppose if we are to help that would be an excellent place to begin."

OOC/Contingent Action: [Sblock]Using Diplomacy +17 to earn the mayor's trust with the last question. Assuming the mayor responds favorably to her inquiry, Sye will continue by asking, "What do you know of the cloakers, sir? Is there an enemy of your race that are known t employ the services of the cloakers in fights against your race?"[/Sblock]

tylermalan

First Post
"Well, its good to see you're all in good condition, and pardon my initial questions, I tend to get a bit too demanding. To be honest Miss Dillinger, the most damage wasn't done to our town, it was done to our forces and yours. However, being the one they come to for answers around here, I still need to supply my people with some kind of information, and I need something to send up the chain to the capitol. Concerning the cloakers, it really did seem like they were just here all of a sudden. The children seemed to notice them first, but that was when they were still allowed outside, which was before the fighting began. Once we were alerted to their presence, there was nothing much more we could do but just take shelter inside. I suppose we could find the children who saw them to find out where they came from, if they even know, but they may not. As far as enemies against us, that sort of thing isn't really known to the people of such a small town, you would have to go elsewhere for that information."

The mayor takes a deep breath and sighs. He slowly steps over to the intact window to his left, gazing out of it as he continues to speak, his voice dropping much lower, the chagrin showing through now. "I suppose the best thing to do right now would be to just tend to the survivors. We don't have the lodging here for everyone that's hurt I'm sure, nor do we have the manpower to help remove those that were less fortunate... I'm afraid I've never dealt with a catastrophe of this magnitude before. But I'm not about to tell a military troupe how to conduct business, as I know you will have your own problems out there soon enough. Go about your way, gather your remaining troops and help us tend to the fallen, if you've a mind to do so. If you find any other ranking survivors, please send them my way, and if you don't... well, then come to me yourself Captain Delbraeth, once you've seen to your business, as there is something else I would like to discuss."

Instantly the images of your fallen friends flash into your minds, as you begin to wonder what fate has dealt them. There is also much to see in the surrounding devastation, and you are certain that you cannot be the only survivors.

Eluvan

First Post
Alister nods slowly, giving a deep, ragged breath as the enormity and gravity of the situation truly dawns on him for the first time. "I... I thank you, mayor, for your understanding and your helpfulness." It seems Alister wants to say more, but he holds his tongue - bound not so much by his own habitual laconicism as by the propriety that comes with his position. He is not in a position to say everything he would like to about just how pointless the war suddenly appears to him.

Therefore he bows deeply to the mayor and then turns to the others. "Our first priority has to be to find any other pockets of survivors. Let's survey the scene, and we can decide how best to go about this."

Alister then leads the group back outside, and stands leaning heavily on his ranseur, scanning the wreckage and grappling with the logistics of how to cover the ground most efficiently and find other survivors.

OOC:
[sblock]How big is the area in which the ships have come down? Is it feasible, between us, to cover the ground in, say, an hour, and meet up again?[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye turns to Alister, "Aye, sir. I concur. May I suggest starting with our own ships to find as many survivors as we can - and thus by increasing our number we could then help the elves much more efficiently?"

DM ONLY:
[Sblock]Sye will follow Alisters orders, of course, but as she goes about her work she will also look for any particular elven children. If she finds them, she will offer to play them a song/dance/poem (Perform +15) if they can tell them if they saw the cloakers before they hit the ships. If they can't, she still performs the song for their amusement.[/Sblock]

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Duncan moves to Alister's side, "I agree with Miss Dillinger, however may I suggest we split into teams of two. I can take the young miss Foster with me."

tylermalan

First Post
OOC:

[sblock]The wreckage actually stretches pretty far, but it's somewhat one-sided. The Elven fleet was stretched out in one long line because of the colored mist that their engines sprayed behind them, so some of their ships are way out there. The Human and Dwarven forces are more consolidated, so with Duncan's suggestion, you could sparsely search the Human forces in the hour. Otherwise, it might take you a bit longer, though you won't know for sure until you get out there.[/sblock]

Eluvan

First Post
"Agreed - assuming of course that 'the young miss Foster' is equally happy with that arrangement. Meet back here in one hour."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye waits for Lily's approval, willing to step in a nd support her if she objects. Otherwise, she goes with Alister and begins looking as stated above.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily eyes Duncan for a moment, then nods.

"That's fine. Let's just get this started. While we're standing around talking, people are dying out there."

She turns and starts making her way cautiously into the debris fields, not waiting to see if Duncan follows.

tylermalan

First Post
The mayor nods in agreement with the group's decision as each of you turn to head out of the building. The Elven boy that initially got your attention is standing behind you, and he darts out of the way so as not to block your exit.

The fields outside are much as you remember them - burning and smoking and littered about with bodies and metal and wood. More of the soldiers are up and about now than there were before, though still not that many. They run about tending to the wounded, some just seemingly attempting to get their bearings, some not moving at all, though very much awake. The ships are destroyed to the North and South due to the Elven line, offering two possible directions for your two groups to explore.

OOC:

[sblock]At this point, you can talk in character to each other to give me an idea of what you will be trying to accomplish on your search of the wreckage, at which point I will leave it open for some IC roleplaying. I'll interject in-game when/if anything happens worth noting, and to provide description, and I will inform you guys of the results of the search once I get the feeling that the roleplaying is done. Also, check the OOC thread for some things.[/sblock]

Remove ads