• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The Soonest You Would Purchase 4e

When is the soonest you would buy a 4e release? (Select only one)

• First half of 2007 (before June 2007)

Votes: 49 14.6%
  • Second half of 2007 (before Christmas)

Votes: 27 8.0%

Votes: 54 16.1%

Votes: 28 8.3%

Votes: 86 25.6%
  • I will n to buy 4e, regardless of when it is released.

Votes: 92 27.4%

Crothian

First Post
The date has nothing to do with it. What does is if and what I am playing when it comes out, if my group wants to make the switch, and other things. When though is not a facotr at all.

Assuming that the game had sufficient design and development put into it, and assuming it was good, I'd be willing to buy it today. I don't have much invested in 3e or 3.5 books.

bytor4232

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Who am I kidding? I'd pre-order it on Amazon now if it was an option. So would most people here I suspect. I'd rather not see it for a couple years at least, but I'm a sucker for new game systems and I wouldn't be able to pass it up.

Yup. I hear ya. Its okay to be all moral and stuff right now, being that 4th isn't even on the radar yet. I'd love to keep saying I'll wait untill 4th hits the shelves, and evaluate it, but who am I kidding? I'll get in line and take my medicine from dr feelgood, aka WOTC. I immagine a fair number of you will too.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Seeker95 said:
We all know there will be a 4th edition. Exactly what that 4th edition will be is, and will continue to be, a matter of discussion, debate and speculation...

Yes. And when I buy it, if ever, depends upon what it is, what I can do with it that I cannot do now, and how easy it is to switch from one to another...

Treebore

First Post
I'll buy the PH. The rest will depend on how well it will work with C&C. IF its as compatible as 3E is then I'll buy a fair amount of it.

Grymar

Explorer
It depends...if it is good, then late '07 to somewhere in '08 would be fine. But I won't hesitate to avoid it if the rules don't work for me. For instance, if it goes even more mini/collectable focused, then it won't appeal to me.

Remove ads