• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The spellbook for 13th Age

Evenglare

Adventurer
Proposition: At least once a day post a spell (from 3.5/pathfinder) that you would like to be converted to 13th Age. The reason I want to do this is that I am running a Dragonlance campaign using the 3.5 modules (autumn, winter, spring) in 13th age. Pretty much the only incompatible thing in 13th age is the use of spell books, and the first part of autumn raistlin finds an old spell book filled with stuff he didn't know, so he keeps it and then uses it. Anyway, in 13th Age it is assumed that wizards know all of their spells, so essentially there is no need for a spell book using those rules. So now I (ideally) want to make a spell book and start importing this stuff from 3.5/pathfinder spells. I think I'm going to try and peruse the spell compendium I have and start statting some up. Please feel free to do the same, infact I encourage it! Thanks for your time.

Proposition: At least once a day post a spell (from 3.5/pathfinder) that you would like to be converted to 13th Age.

OK, so here is my thought... 3,5 spells I would like to see you try out-the Celerity spells, and Heart ripper

in 2e there was a staggered Magic missile called a funny name like tensor's tickler or optic's tickler or something, it basically once cast made X# magic missiles that launched as a reaction to an enemy in range casting a spell... it was meant to disrupt spells...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I used a forgotten library to allow a bard to changed out his spelljacked spell - for a new spell (the talent does not upgrade automatically, I think)

Other (arcane) talents could be retrained with the same excuse.

How about some controllery spells?
Summon Swarm,
Wall of Fire/Ice
Telekinesis

Remove ads