• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Squashmaster (help needed with this PrC)

-Eä-

First Post
Once upon a time, there was a mighty tribe named Squash. The tribe was the most prominent in its land and ruled over many villages, and the druids of this tribe could invoce the spirit of the forest if they unified and set their force in action. The tribe prospered and became at last the ruling faction of the world whose name was Gion-Tee.
After two thousand years of just ruling and joy, a great evil came to power. In the midst of the darkest part of the forest (which now covered the entire planet), the Squash came to live. The Squash was an evil vegetable, and no one dared to eat it, but after some time, when the superstition in regard to the Squash had become immense, they decided to punish the few criminals of the world by having them to eat Squash. Most of them died of fear before they even had a piece in their mouths, but one sole carrot, who had been transformed from a human by a most unwise and idiotic druid, had no fears, and decided to put its root into the Squash, which had now become enormous. The carrot transformed into an humanoid creature, and a great rotating plate (with a yellow hue) appeared before him and claimed the right to "his" life.

The humanoid obvviously denied the plate this, and said that none could overpower him now. And standing on his right foot he founded the Order of the Squash, him being the Squashmaster.

There can only be one Squashmaster at the time, and the Squashmaster selects his successor.

Follower of the Squash

Prerequisites:

Skills
Cooking: 10 ranks
Knowledge: Nature: 10 ranks
Bluff: 8 Ranks

Feats:
Throw Anything
Endurance
Lightning Reflexes

Special: The current Squashmaster needs to select every individual that sets forth to pursue the way of the Squashmaster.

BAB: As Druid
Good Saves: Fort, Ref
Wild Shaping: As Druid (But only vegetable progression)
Hit Die: D6

Level
1. Squashy Throw
2. Green Mixture, +1 Spellcasting class
3. This is the best, +1 Spellcasting Class
4. To Hell with Tomatoes
5. Salsa? Yes, please!, +1 Spellcasting class
6. Green Skin, +1 Spellcasting Class
7. Interplantar connection
8. Squashy Splash, +1 Spellcasting class
9. Make it Green, +1 Spellcasting Class
10. There is only one one green vegetable, The Squashmaster

Abilities:

Squashy Throw: At first level, the Follower of the Squash gains the ability to make vegetables weapons. (Only green ones) The green colour of the vegetables is concentrated on the tip, ready to burst, and when a the vegetable hits its target, the target can only see in green and black (very effective when in forests) (fort save, 15+Wisdom modifier), and suffers 1d4 damage. The vegetable may only be thrown. (Ex)

Green Mixture: At second level, the Follower of the Squash gains the ability to implement poison in his vegan cooking. In a society where there are many vegetarians, this is very useful, and the poison is nigh undetectable (DC 25 + int modifier +2 synergy if 6 or more ranks in bluff), and if the poisin is ingested, the individual must become a vegetarian. Meat is now poisonous to him, and he looses con modifier +2 hit points in damage per pound of meat he eats. Fort save to resist: 18 + Wis modifier. (Ex)

This is the best: This level 3 ability is the way to impress noblemen. The Follower simply imbues a Squash with some divine energy, and the one who eats the Squash will think it's the best thing he has eaten. He will hence buy Squashes for up to 50 times the market price per pound, totalling 4 gp per pound. Will save to resist: 18 + wis modifier. (Su) Can be used twice per week.

To Hell with Tomatoes: The Follower of the Squash's aversion against red vegetables is now so great that he cannot eat anything that is red. If he does, he will vomit. (And he can taste the colour) (Ex)

Salsa? Yes, please! Although red tomatoes are not ingredients in the Follower's recipes, he has through his food found the rythm of the dance named salsa. He now holds a burrito while dancing to the rythm, and gains inspiration. He gains 4 additional ranks in Dancing, and Perform: Dancing: Salsa. He also get an inspirational +6 insight bonus to his cooking checks. (Ex)

Green Skin: The Follower's skin has become green. (Ex)

Interplantar Connection: A follower can communicate with another follower over great distances through plants and algae. If separated by mountains, deserts or the like, they cannot communicate. (Ex)

Squashy Splash:

Well, this is the story of one of the characters in my campaign, and I have decided the basics for his class. (He was a human druid before he was transformed into a carrot) All the player wanted was decent spell-progression and wild-shaping continuing, so I am trying to fix a PrC for him now. Unfortunatelly I have to go to bed now, so I don't have the time to type some of my suggested abilities, but I should like some suggestions and feedback on the prerequisites.

The other fellows that are playing are: 1. A Halfling Rogue with some sort of giant reptile tail that he got from a Red Dragon, and he is fierce to rush into combat and is at the same time very intelligent. He cannot control his rage, so he is kind of a "brave" rogue. 2. A Swashbuckling fighther/sorcerer. This is the character that does the tricks when roaming about in the deep forests: His flashy spells always seem to set something ablaze.

I hope this information will give some backgrounds as to what abilities I am looking for.

Edit: Added abilities, fixed prerequisites and spell progression. Fixed history, which was flawed. I guess my player was a bit confused when I made him write his PC's history on the spot.

Last edited:

Remove ads