• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds...

Deel Surool

First Post
Deel leads you through the plush lobby and into a turbolift that take you all to the upper floors of the hotel. He produces a set of passcards which he hands out, after opening a door labeled "Shey Tapani Suite". It is a lavish suite of rooms, featuring an expansive living room with an exterior balcony, a small kitchenette with a wet bar and auto-chef, a dining room, and enough bedrooms and bathrooms to accomidate the lot of you.

"Have a good rest," he says as he turns to leave. "I'll meet you with the ship on the rooftop landing pad in the morning. If there is anything else you need, give my comlink link a buzz... you know the callcode."

Kelko

First Post
Kelko immediately throws down his bags and jumps onto one of the large luxurious beds. "Hey, it's like the bed is massaging me! I could get used to this." He rolls over with a look of wistful contentment on his green face. "Bet we only have this place for a couple of days, huh? At most?"

Set Harth

First Post
"Probably just for tonight." speaks Set as he walks towards the balcony to look outside. "It's this blasted mission that has me worried. Why would the Jedi Council agree to have a "bunch of teenagers" investigate something of such galactic importance?"

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Set Harth said:
"Probably just for tonight." speaks Set as he walks towards the balcony to look outside. "It's this blasted mission that has me worried. Why would the Jedi Council agree to have a "bunch of teenagers" investigate something of such galactic importance?"

Sia-Lan headed over to the balcony herself and leaped up on top of the railing to stand there with her hands clasped behind her back. While balanced there ever so precariously she cast her azure gaze over the rest of the city with curiousity. "Maybe that's exactly why! Who would suspect a bunch of teenagers as agents? Maybe they have other people there, but they need us for a diversion? Maybe we can get into places where anyone else would be more suspicious?"

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
"Anyway...that's fine talk coming from a Solider boy. Is your knowledge confined to weapons? Or can you fight?"

Vor'en ignores the question, quite annoyed with the irrepresible young Jedi. Generally, people left him alone after five minutes of the hard bitten stone-cold killer-for-hire act. Okay, Act was a bit too strong. He had been in firefights before. Three, to be exact. Although the first one really didn't count, because the first shot had landed right next to his head, sending a little chunk of stone at his right temple and laying him out flat. Take off your helmet at just the wrong moment and end up with the nickname "Glass jawed wonder" for the rest of your career....

Anyway, dammit, did the Force turn half of it's users into irritants? The white-haired one (Set?) was arrogant, Sia was... well, the less said about her the better. The brown haired one was OK, but the constant goo-goo-eyes he was making at what's-her-name got on his nerves. The Cerean... was all right, come to think of it.

At hearing Vor'en's comments on practical weapons use, Kaz's face lights up. He moves over next to the soldier and begins rattling off one weapon after another, getting as much practical information as he can for his future projects. That done, he'll go into his own ideas for weapon upgrades, combining different arms, even cybernetic weapons.

Vor'en spends the rest of the trip laconically trying to explain why the more unorthodox ideas of the enthsiastic tech.

Vor'en's first thought upon entering the seute is Hmm. Looks like that dresser could withstand a frag grenade. I'll hide behind that if there's a firefight. His second thought is Hey, this is nice.

"It's this blasted mission that has me worried. Why would the Jedi Council agree to have a 'bunch of teenagers' investigate something of such galactic importance?"

"Or maybe this mission isn't as important to the galaxy as it is to your ego?" says Vor'en in a deadpan voice. "If it matters, the hyperactive one has it right: we're decoys."

Last edited:

Rorworr

First Post
"I think we make fairly effective distractions, if our past record is anything to go by." Rorworr matches Vor'en's deadpan voice... but only for a moment. "Dibs on the biggest bed!" He calls as he makes a dash for the sleeping quarters.

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Sia-Lan spun around on the railing, giving everyone who was watching a moment of alarm as she looked as if she could fall right off and plummet down to the streets below. Of course there probably were a few who thought such an occasion would be more cause for celebration than grief.

The glow from the horizon lit up her hair in a golden flame and her cerulean blue eyes sparkled. "I don't feel like sleeping yet...let's say we practice some!" the young Jedi suggested, hands clasped ever so innocently behind her back. "Valara could use some more saber training from Set. Dorn, maybe you can teach Arani a few good self-defense moves. Sen...you don't want to get rusty! I think you've meditated enough! Gotta get your muscles moving! Let's all go to the gym and kick the stuffed tartar out of each other!"

She stuck her pink tongue out at Vor'en. "Who knows? Maybe you'll learn how to fight without your big gun?" she teased with a laugh while bouncing around precariously on the railing.

Last edited:

Set Harth

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
"Or maybe this mission isn't as important to the galaxy as it is to your ego?" says Vor'en in a deadpan voice. "If it matters, the hyperactive one has it right: we're decoys." [/B]

Sets eyes narrow as his hand drifts towards his lightsabre hilt. "Vor'en, what kind of bodyguard let's his charge wander off without him?" Set nods towards the door out which Deel left ignoring Sia, as usual.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
"Vor'en, what kind of bodyguard let's his charge wander off without him?"

Vor'en shrugs. "If your boss says to check his speeder for booby traps by turning it on, you turn it on. If your boss says to get a good night's rest, you get a good night's rest."

She stuck her pink tongue out at Vor'en. "Who knows? Maybe you'll learn how to fight without your big gun?" she teased with a laugh while bouncing around precariously on the railing.

Vor'en's cheek muscle tics under his mask. "I'll take any Jedi without my 'big gun', if he...or she... will fight without their big glowing stick."

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Originally posted by Vor'en Kurn
Vor'en's cheek muscle tics under his mask. "I'll take any Jedi without my 'big gun', if he...or she... will fight without their big glowing stick."

"You're on!" Sia-Lan exclaimed with cheerful glee. "I promise no lightsaber!" Her blue eyes fairly danced with excitement as she leapt off the railing to land on the ground near Vor'en. It had been far too long since she last engaged in any strenuous activity. Hopefully this guy would last at least a couple of seconds.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads