• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds...

Set Harth

First Post
Pbartender said:

The attention of the gathered students, which consequently attracts the attention of the lecturing instructor.

He is a tall, slim, rakish looking fellow with curly black hair and a dazzling smile. He stands at his leisure, leaning on the butt of a finely made rapier. The ramshead crest of House Barnaba sits upon the left breast of his padded tabard.

"Well, well, well," he raises his voice to regain his students. "It appears we have a visiting guest. An illustrious padawan of the venerable Jedi Order." He bows with flourish, and not unkindly.

"Are you but an observer today, Sir Padawan?" he asks. "Or would you deign to assist a humble master in a tutorial display for the benefit of my attentive pupils?"

Set responds to the instructor. "I would be for more interested in an exhibition of the dueling style common in this sector. I would imagine it is quite different then dueling with lightsabers. Besides it would be impolite of me to interrupt a master teaching his pupils."

Pbartender

First Post
Set Harth said:
Set responds to the instructor. "I would be for more interested in an exhibition of the dueling style common in this sector. I would imagine it is quite different then dueling with lightsabers. Besides it would be impolite of me to interrupt a master teaching his pupils."

"Oh, think nothing of it, it would be a singular honor," the instructor retorts. The instructor steps aside and retrieves a small case from a nearby table. "Besides, I have a fairly new dueling weapon which you may find of particular interest. A weapon with which I believe we could each stand to learn something from the other..."

He opens the case and displays what appears to be a pair of odd-looking lightsabers. They were slightly shorter than the average Jedi lightsaber, obviously meant to be weilded with a single hand, rather than the usual two-handed grip the Jedi Masters teach. And as opposed to the utilitarian lightsabers issues to the Padawans of the Jedi temple, these are beautifully crafted... Wide filigreed basket hilts guard the fists, while a crimson tassel dangles from the pommel and intricate scrollwork laces the handles.

"These," he announces, showing the two weapons to all the students in the circle, "are what we in Tapani call lightfoils. Based on the designs of a reverse engineered Jedi lightsaber, this is a peculiarly elegant weapon. Though, without the experience and sensitivity of the Jedi craftmen, we have not yet been able to refine the design. Lightfoils remain, sadly, less powerful and less reliable than the traditional Jedi weapon. Nonetheless, it is still a thouroughly dangerous weapon requiring a great deal of skill and finesse to weild properly."

He offers up the case to Set, "Are you certain to wish to sit aside? It is my last offer, Sir Padawan... We will teach each other, perhaps?

"Choose a weapon?"

Deel Surool

First Post
Arani Korden said:
"A question and a request. The prey for the hunt - is the selection limited to local animals, or do they import dangerous species from around the galaxy?

Also, do you know where we could find records of past hunts? We're trying to come up with a game plan, and it'd really help to know what sorts of things have been hunted in the past."

"Of course," Deel replies, "But it will take me a few moments to look it up, allow me call you back in a minute." He hangs up.

Arani Korden

First Post
Deel Surool said:

"Of course," Deel replies, "But it will take me a few moments to look it up, allow me call you back in a minute." He hangs up.

"Thanks!" Arani turns to Valara. "There you have it. Deel can find out anything. I've learned not to ask how he does it."

ooc: And go on, Set! Kick his butt!

Set Harth

First Post
Pbartender said:

"Oh, think nothing of it, it would be a singular honor," the instructor retorts. The instructor steps aside and retrieves a small case from a nearby table. "Besides, I have a fairly new dueling weapon which you may find of particular interest. A weapon with which I believe we could each stand to learn something from the other..."

He opens the case and displays what appears to be a pair of odd-looking lightsabers. They were slightly shorter than the average Jedi lightsaber, obviously meant to be weilded with a single hand, rather than the usual two-handed grip the Jedi Masters teach. And as opposed to the utilitarian lightsabers issues to the Padawans of the Jedi temple, these are beautifully crafted... Wide filigreed basket hilts guard the fists, while a crimson tassel dangles from the pommel and intricate scrollwork laces the handles.

"These," he announces, showing the two weapons to all the students in the circle, "are what we in Tapani call lightfoils. Based on the designs of a reverse engineered Jedi lightsaber, this is a peculiarly elegant weapon. Though, without the experience and sensitivity of the Jedi craftmen, we have not yet been able to refine the design. Lightfoils remain, sadly, less powerful and less reliable than the traditional Jedi weapon. Nonetheless, it is still a thouroughly dangerous weapon requiring a great deal of skill and finesse to weild properly."

He offers up the case to Set, "Are you certain to wish to sit aside? It is my last offer, Sir Padawan... We will teach each other, perhaps?

"Choose a weapon?"

"I don't see why not" answers Set looking over the lighfoils with interest. He removes his outer robes handing them to a nearby student. Then selects one of the lightfoils and enters the practice area. He activates the foil and takes a fencers stance. "This is the correct position, yes?"

OOC: Ok how do my lightsaber skills translate to lightfoils?

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
"Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault."

Of course it wasn't! That fool girl should never have stepped on to the mat! That's his second reaction. His first reaction was to mutter an apology. Fortunately, he didn't think anyone noticed his first abortive reach behind his head to take off his mask and do so.

Instead, in response to the Wookie, he simply grunts and follows him to the Cerean Jedi to watch over Sia's care. Idiot! She could have asked us that from the sidelines, couldn't she?

Deel Surool

First Post
Arani Korden said:

"Thanks!" Arani turns to Valara. "There you have it. Deel can find out anything. I've learned not to ask how he does it."

Deel rings up the holocomm unit in the corner of the living room. When Arani answers, he continues, "Ah, here it is... Last year it was Reek, before that it was pierceskimmers, before that it was k'lor'slugs, and then rolk-mangir, bonegnawers and corellian sand panthers.

"Really, it looks like they'll import any sufficiently dangerous exotic animal. Speakingof which, I checked through the spaceport authority records... Yesterday a small cargo ship flew through the Mrlsst system. It was bound for Vycinyth, and its port of origin was in the Rodia system. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of the ship's manifest.

"Anything else?"

Arani Korden

First Post
"Efficient as always. Thank you, Deel, that gives us a good place to start. I think that's all we needed - anything we can do for you?"

Arani turns to Valara. "Rodia is the home system of Kelko's species. Between Kel and the Holonet, we should be able to find out what the . . . " She fumbles for the correct word. "What the 'iconic' Rodian game animals are."

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
The whole punch took her completely off guard though her first thought after OW! went to Well that wasn't terribly brilliant of me, was it? Staggering back, her hand went immediately to her mouth and she winced slightly until suddenly being off her feet confused her even more.

"Rory?!" but it came out more like a muffled "Rworrie".

A little extreme for getting socked in the mouth, but who was she to say no to getting free rides? It was actually kind of fun being up this high and if it wasn't for the pain on her lip, she'd be going "whee! whee! whee!" right about now and begging to be spun around. Maybe she'd ask him for one later. Aw...nothing in the galaxy could beat having a furry wookie friend.

"If you had wanted to improve my looks, that's one novel way to do it," the Jedi quipped to Vor'en after hearing his grunt, though some of the words sounded rather muffled as speaking did hurt. Not that pain could really shut her up anyway. She winked at him before allowing Sen to do as he must.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads