• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds...

Valara

First Post
Set Harth said:
Set boards the ship trying to stay close to Valara and as far from Zheev as he can with much the sucess. Nor can he easily ignore the growls Zheev send his direction. "Val, You think you could try telling Zheev that I'm not a threat. He needs some more convensing I think."

"Its alright Set, Zheev is just very protective of me, doesn't want anyone to hurt me." says valara as she continues to scratch at the Dhuval's ear, earning contented grunts.

"Zheev, I want you to play nice with Set, he's my...friend. Don't hurt him," she instructs her intensely loyal pet. Looking up from Zheev she pats the sofa cushion next to hers, grinning at Set, it probably wasn't big enough for 2 without closeness, but that was a plus in her book, especially with Set.

Rorworr

First Post
Rorworr follows Kelko back inside, taking the co-pilot's seat. He does a few preflight tests, checking the sensors and weapons.

"Hmm, this is a very different beast to the Pathfinder. Its sensors were a heck of a lot more powerful than the ones we've got here." Rorworr taps away on the keyboard. "Still, I guess we won't be trying to do planetary surveys with the Redline."

Deel Surool

First Post
Deel quickly steps into the passenger lounge as the engines warm up. He sets a datacard and two small cases down on a table. "These will help you find out what the Trade Federation is up to. The datacard has information on the other Vor-Cal guests, and the cases contain a set of tracking devices, and a long range surveillance audio recorder.

"Your friend Kaz won't be coming along, I guess. The Astrographic Society recalled him to their sector headquarters for an inquiry and re-assignment."

"Good Luck," he says, as he heads back out the entrance hatch, waving, "I'll meet you all on Procopia in two weeks." He steps out and closes the hatch behind him.

~~~

Up in the cockpit Bait rolls in, twittering a greeting to Kelko and Rory. He locks himself into a droid socket in the corner and plugs himself into a scomplink.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Vor'en salutes Deel as he leaves. "Here's hoping they make us use melee weapons, eh?" he says, thinking of his fifty credits. He sits down and watches approvingly as Kelko and Roworr prepare for flight, and scans the controls for weapons controls.

Arani Korden

First Post
Deel Surool said:
"Your friend Kaz won't be coming along, I guess. The Astrographic Society recalled him to their sector headquarters for an inquiry and re-assignment."

"Blast!" Arani sits up. "Is this a good inquiry or a bad inquiry?"

She picks up the datacard. "In the meanwhile, it's back to work." Arani will study the guests listed on the datacard.

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
After waving to the others in the lounge with a very knowing wink in Valara and Arani's direction, Sia decides to leave the two groups of lovebirds alone in the lounge. A couple of wandering moments later leads her to where Rory, Kelko and Vor'en are busy in the cockpit.

"Oh hey, flashy stuff!" she exclaims with a grin, peering over everybody's shoulder. "That's pretty nice there. How fast do you think it can go, Kelko? Hey want to try out some maneuvers, Rory? Think it can spin on a credit? What weapons do you see, Renni? Anything good?"

Her hands clasped behind her back she gazes at the controls thoughtfuly - really truly not the most technological person in the world, Sia prefers to use and abuse gadgets not create them. "Are you that ready to start shooting things, Renni?"

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Sia-Lan Wezz said:
"Are you that ready to start shooting things, Renni?"

You have no idea how ready thinks Vor'en, grinning savagely. His hand twitches near his hip holster. He counts to ten in an attempt to calm down and instead says, in a voice drained of emotion, "Please don't call me Renni. And I have yet to find the weapon controls, if any." He turns towards the others (or rather, away from Sia) and asks "Have either of you found the defenses of this ship?"

Pbartender

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
"Please don't call me Renni. And I have yet to find the weapon controls, if any." He turns towards the others (or rather, away from Sia) and asks "Have either of you found the defenses of this ship?"

Turning around, Vor'en spots the tactical console, which controls all the ship's weaponry and defenses... It seems to contain all the usual anti-asteroid defenses that are common to whip's manufactered within the debris-strewn Tapani Nebula.

There are controls for a pair of small, fire-linked, turreted auto-blasters, and another set of controls for the single, forward-mounted conussion missle tube.

Lastly, he finds the panel and diagnostics display for the ship's shielding systems. Glancing at the maximum power levels and ratings for the deflector shields, Vor'en is slightly surprised that a civilian ship of this size carries such state-of-the-art military grade shielding.

Any of the systems can be slaved to the pilot's or co-pilot's control sticks, or controlled autonomously from this console.

Last edited:

Rorworr

First Post
"I can't wait to test this ship out, but I'll do my best to contain my enthusiasm." Rorworr replies to Sia. "I'm not sure that everyone else would appreciate me throwing Redline around too much before they've had a chance to stow their baggage."

He spins his chair around to face her. "But once I get the chance, I'll be doing a few loops and spins, you can count on that. Well, if I can get to controls out of Kelko's hands, that is." He winks at the Rodian as he turns back to his own controls, continuing his checks.

Last edited:

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
As Vor'en surveys the control panels, his eyebrows raise in silent surprise. He grunts softly. "A bit more than I expected," he says in a massive understatement. "We might actually last long enough to get into hyperspace, with this lot." He leans back in his seat. "Not bad."

Remove ads