• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters...

Deel Surool

First Post
Right then.

Ever since Uncle George decided to take over writing the script for our movie, things have been going downhill... Melodramatic love scenes, campy dialogue, contrived plotlines and not nearly enough action sequences! Not to mention that I've been written out of the entire script but for that one scene on Mrlsst.

So.

The Bothans and I have led a coup and have retaken the Director's chair, and we now have the chance to renegotiate our contracts.

What sort of show would we like to put on?

I was thinking that we could probably wrangle an hourlong weekly primetime slot from one of the networks.

I mean, really, if Star Trek can do it, so can we, right?

Last edited:

Set Harth

First Post
Set Harth Iconic Noble/Dark Jedi

"I think something where I am the STAR is entirely suitable entertainment for the vacuum-brained peasants who watch the usual drivel on the holonet. Perhaps then they well be able to stomach their own miserable existence and stop bleeding themselves all over my flame-lilies!"

[OOC: Count me in for anything, Once again SET HARTH returns...]

Arani Korden

First Post
Hey, Set, welcome back!

Put me down for excitement, adventure, and really wild things. :)

I'll note that shifting to the early Rebellion era means a possible Iconic slot would open up: Kira Lar , Iconic Rebel Trooper, who was written out of the Revised Core Rules during the big contract dispute. I hear she's been doing a one woman show off-off-off-Broadway, but I suspect she'd be open to working with us.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Don't get too cocky, Jedi. In a rebellion era piece, most of the Jedi are dead or turned to the dark side, and I can figure out which one you'll be. Can you say "recurring villain?"

So yeah, I'm in. The "episodic" methods sounds best, since it allows a rotating cast and quick pacing.

Kelko

First Post
Count me in as well. I didn't really mind the slow pacing of the current game, but perhaps shaking things up would be for the best. It should definitely keep us on our toes, at least.

Arani Korden

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
Don't get too cocky, Jedi. In a rebellion era piece, most of the Jedi are dead or turned to the dark side, and I can figure out which one you'll be. Can you say "recurring villain?"

Oh, I dunno. Set's almost certainly a bit further along the road to corruption, but I kinda dig the notion of a heavily wounded Set breaking into Arani's office and collapsing moments before the ISB shows up.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Arani Korden said:
Oh, I dunno. Set's almost certainly a bit further along the road to corruption, but I kinda dig the notion of a heavily wounded Set breaking into Arani's office and collapsing moments before the ISB shows up.

Now that does sound interesting. Lead the way, boss.

Set Harth

First Post
Set Harth, High Inquisitor

Meanwhile aboard the Star Destroyer Relentless

High Inquisitor Harth stared impassively out the command deck’s viewports as the beat-up old freighter Mystic Burn juked about evading turbolaser fire.

“My Lord, we’re receiving a transmission from the rebel freighter”

”Let me hear it Captain.”

“Aye Sir”

”…but I kinda dig the notion of a heavily wounded Set breaking into Arani's office and collapsing moments before the ISB shows up. “

Set Harth’s hand curled into a tight fist, it was the only outward expression of his anger.

”Get me that ship, Captain. No excuses this time.”

Gulp. “Yes, My Lord.”

Set Harth, High Inquisitor of Empire stalked, back to the viewports to again impassively watch the chase.

Deel Surool

First Post
Set Harth said:
High Inquisitor Harth stared impassively out the command deck’s viewports as the beat-up old freighter Mystic Burn juked about evading turbolaser fire.

Hey wait a minute... I thought you guys crashed my ship into a pile of rubble on some uncharted jungle planet.

Pbartender

First Post
Alright, here's what I envision...

Years later.

The Clone have ended. Palpatine has declared himself Emperor. The Jedi council has been disbanded and are hunted as fugitives.

Intrepid young Arani Korden and her heroic bodyguard, Vor'en Kurn have tried every legal and governmental channel available, but to no avail. Their faith in the justice and protection of the Republic has been replaced by a jaded pessimism toward the Empire. Their only hope to free the galaxy from its new oppressor lies with the burgeoning rebellion that is taking shape far off in the Outer Rim territories.

Rorworr and Kelko, meanwhile teamed up as the fast friends they are to obtain a rickety old freighter and set out on their own as independent tramp frieghter pilots. Unfortunately, The shipping guilds are tightening their grip on small independent operators, the pair have had their ship confiscated and impounded by the Bureau of Ships and Services for unpaid tariffs and expiraed permits. Out of money and down on luck, they dropped in on Arani.

Set Harth too has had a hard go of it. He has seen too many friends and masters disappear or die. He is losing confidence in the Jedi Code, and finds it more and more difficult to fight the good fight. That does not mean that he will not fight, but more and more often he finds himself fighting fire with fire. As such, he constantly skirts the Dark Side of the Force. Perhaps, he reasons, renewed contact with his old freinds would lift the everpresent malaise.

Deel Surool has seemingly done well. At least, that is the appearance on the odd occasion that he actually visits his old friends. Of course what he's actually been up to, no one can say, and he won't tell. Though very rarely meets with Arani and the others, he always seem peculiarly familiar with their recent problems and troubles. Especially so, when Arani recieves a mysterious message from Deel that could be her last, best chance to make a difference.

~~~

The game would be early Rebellion Era.
The Iconics are joining the ranks of the fledgling Rebellion.
Adventure ensues.

What level should we play?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads