• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters...

Arani Korden

First Post
Pbartender said:
Alright, here's what I envision...

Years later.
Intrepid young Arani Korden and her heroic bodyguard, Vor'en Kurn have tried every legal and governmental channel available, but to no avail. . . . . Rorworr and Kelko, meanwhile teamed up as the fast friends they are to obtain a rickety old freighter and set out on their own as independent tramp frieghter pilots. . . . . Set Harth too has had a hard go of it. He has seen too many friends and masters disappear or die. He is losing confidence in the Jedi Code, and finds it more and more difficult to fight the good fight. . . . . .Deel Surool has seemingly done well.

Your ideas intrigue me, sir, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Or to put it another way, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking as well.

The game would be early Rebellion Era.
The Iconics are joining the ranks of the fledgling Rebellion.
Adventure ensues.

What level should we play?

I would say no lower than sixth and no higher than eighth level. That would reflect that years have passed, but since those years were offscreen, there shouldn't be too much of a power jump. Also, that's the level range listed for Han and Chewie at the start of Episode IV. Seems appropriate.

Pbartender

First Post
Arani Korden said:
I would say no lower than sixth and no higher than eighth level. That would reflect that years have passed, but since those years were offscreen, there shouldn't be too much of a power jump. Also, that's the level range listed for Han and Chewie at the start of Episode IV. Seems appropriate.

That seems about right. The Wizard's website has those old write ups for Rorworr, Kelko, Valara and Kira. They had everyone at 6th level for the Rebellion Era.

Does anyone remember what guidelines we used for abilities?
Or maybe we should just use what we've already got?

Last edited:

Rorworr

First Post
Deel Surool said:
Hey wait a minute... I thought you guys crashed my ship into a pile of rubble on some uncharted jungle planet.
I wouldn't say crashed. More used it to remodel the landscape...

Pbartender said:
Rorworr and Kelko, meanwhile teamed up as the fast friends they are to obtain a rickety old freighter and set out on their own as independent tramp freighter pilots. ... Out of money and down on luck, they dropped in on Arani.
Good to see that the tradition of mooching off one's rich friends is alive and well :D

Some nice ideas here. Early Rebellion Era sounds like a lot of fun, and just the sort of environment that a roguish Wookiee would find entertaining.

6th to 8th level sounds like a good pegging for the characters. I say we go with the stats we've got, and just level up from there. Speaking of which, I'll need someone to check over my stats when we redo them, as I'll be doing it from memory. My RCRB is still missing somewhere in Europe...

Arani Korden

First Post
We used 28-point buy, IIRC.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather use Arani as is*, and just bump up her level.

*Almost as is. If possible, I'd replace her Skill Emphasis (Bluff) feat with Cosmopolitan (Bluff) from the Hero's Guide. EDIT- this would actually free up a few skill points, but not enough to make a huge impact. And I'd plow them into Knowlege (Alien Species).

Last edited:

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Like idea of keeping current stats and advancing to 6th-8th level, also like the sound of proposed campaign.

Vor'en may well be in, or almost be in, the Elite Trooper class (depending on what level you can reach it), if that's allowed.

Last edited:

Set Harth

First Post
Pbartender said:
Alright, here's what I envision...

Set Harth too has had a hard go of it. He has seen too many friends and masters disappear or die. He is losing confidence in the Jedi Code, and finds it more and more difficult to fight the good fight. That does not mean that he will not fight, but more and more often he finds himself fighting fire with fire. As such, he constantly skirts the Dark Side of the Force. Perhaps, he reasons, renewed contact with his old freinds would lift the everpresent malaise.

What level should we play?

So, I'm to be somekind of Failed Jedi in hiding... Could work. Without a master I'll have to start taking lvls in another class like fringer or scoundrel. Scoundrel would be best since I'm being hunted by the Empire, and need to keep low.

Arani Korden

First Post
Set Harth said:
So, I'm to be somekind of Failed Jedi in hiding.

It depends. Froma certain point of view, all the other Jedi have failed, where you've succeeded by surviving. You're the last (as far as you know) incarnation of the power and wisdom of the Jedi Order. (Like Set needs another reason to be arrogant. :lol: )

Deel Surool

First Post
And besides... It's not like there aren't other interesting options for you Set.

Hrmm... Dark Side Marauder perhaps? Or maybe something from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook?

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Ok.

Let's keep it simple...

If you wish to alter abilities, use 28 point buy.
Everyone has 18,000 XP... halfway between 6th and 7th level.
Everyone has three times maximum starting credits (of your Iconic class) to spend on gear.
Use only the RCRB. No other source books, please.

Please stay as true to your Iconic class as possible.

Repost your stat blocks here.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads