• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Story Hour WRITER Appreciation Thread!

Thorntangle

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Actually, the best way to show appreciation for storyhours is to post a comment (even a small one) in the storyhour thread.
I agree wholeheartedly. My post was a blanket "Thanks!" to express appreciation for all the writers producing story hours, especially those that I may not have read yet or posted individual thanks. They provide us with such a diverse array of story hours that now you can pick and choose according to setting, game system and even style.

I'm trying to read all the story hours out there but there are so many. I'm no Horacio ;)
If I haven't posted individual thanks in your story hour yet, be patient. I'm reading as fast as I can. It's an uphill battle and that's just the way I like it.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I wholeheartedly agree with you here - if only my day job didn't get in the way I'd be reading pretty much all of these storyhours instead of the 3-5 which I'm able to keep up with regularly.

There have been so many inspiring ideas that I've been able to steal for my own campaign :)

Cheers

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: Rune!

Tokiwong said:

Where have ye been... and I have to agree the storyhours keep me coming back for more... and yeah I don't get too many posts but those that I get keep me going... so Rune you going to post any time soon?

Alas, real life has kept my presence limited...

As soon as I can convince the author of our last (all-night) session to send me the log, I'll edit it and post it. I imagine that it will be about four posts, or so. It'll be pretty big, at any rate. (Glad to know we've still got an audience, anyway. I'm not even sure what page the story's on!)

Rune

Once A Fool
Plane Sailing said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you here - if only my day job didn't get in the way I'd be reading pretty much all of these storyhours instead of the 3-5 which I'm able to keep up with regularly.

There have been so many inspiring ideas that I've been able to steal for my own campaign :)

Cheers

You're dead on! I'm so inspired by one particular story hour, that I'm lifting it completely for my next campaign (I'm adding my own stuff, too.)! For those interested, that story hour is The Sunderer's (formerly Monkey-Trained-to-Type's) Sundered Sky Campaign.

I really wish I could read more, but my reading time has been drastically reduced, of late. Where once I had time to follow around ten, or so, stories, I currently have little time for my own. I'll probably settle into a better time-management pattern, soon, and average out at five. Of course, I try to vary which stories I read, because there are a great deal of excellent ones that I know I'm missing out on. It's an involving process, but well worth it.

Sammael99

First Post
Thorntangle said:

I'm trying to read all the story hours out there but there are so many. I'm no Horacio ;)
If I haven't posted individual thanks in your story hour yet, be patient. I'm reading as fast as I can. It's an uphill battle and that's just the way I like it.

I sure hope you speak French ;)

Crow

First Post
Hands down this is the absolute coolest part of the boards...

A BIG thanks to all the writers, all the readers, and all the players...

Just my 2 cents

Remove ads