The Sunless Citadel [IC1]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Unable to reply to the halfling before she sprinted forward, Krindorf mumbled something as he raised his finger. Just then he notices who the gnome was.
"Eivan? 's da' ye?" he says open mouthed, with his small dwarven eyes wide open.

Errandir

First Post
Eivan looks back at the dwarf curiously. "Aye, that would be me."

He motions for Krindorf and Gregor to follow as he heads down the road towards the tavern. "I should know you, shouldn't I?" he adds conversationally. "Ah well. Always had a terrible memory for people... the accent sounds familiar, though." He shrugs.

Eivan looks more closely at the dwarf, then glances at the human as well, but neither countenance seems to jog his memory.

WarShrike

First Post
"We're not related, if thats what your worried about" says Grethor with a grin. "No midgets in my immediate family."

He then cocks his head towards Brunhilde and asks: "Is she always this hyperactive?" before following her into town.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ye frekin' idiot! 'ts me, Krindorf! Remember? Yer just as I remember ye, ye ol' grumblin' gnome! I was shorter, if da's possible, and no beard" The dwarf puts a hand over his beard, and looks intently at the gnome, awaiting a reply.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After the adventurers come together on the road outside of Oakhurst, their entrance into the town itself is interrupted with a cry of alarm from the guard tower.

Turning around they see two creatures coming out of the undergrowth. They have the appearance of animated human corpses, certainly not pleasant to look upon. Even from this distance they look half decayed, possibly partially consumed by worms, and wear only tattered remains of dirty clothing. They shamble in the adventurers direction.

** Combat Begins **
Round 1: Everyone is aware of the enemy
Initiative Order:

20 Brunhilde
19 Eivan
10 Krindorf
08 Guard in the watch Tower
03 Gregor

?? Monsters

[Sblock=Tac Grid]
Enc1-Map1C.png
[/Sblock]
OOC: Everyone please read the first post (particularly Expectations and House Rules) in the OOC thread again to refresh memories. The guard in the watch tower is off map to West by about 60 feet and is not much of a factor. He was visibly armed with a crossbow and he may know how to use it as well. North is up on the Tac Grid.
The trees can provide cover (ranged and melee) but only from the center of symbol (brown circle). Movement through the center of the tree or the bushes (no brown circle) costs 1.5 for vertical/horizontal and 2 for diagonal movement. Bushes provide soft cover for ranged attacks only.

WarShrike

First Post
Gregor casts Divine Favor (+1 to attack and damage rolls, Duration 10 rounds) and boldly strides into F05 (supposing it's available on his initiative turn, otherwise annother nearby square.)

"Phew! What a stench! I should have noticed that earlier, but then there's Krindorf here..." says Gregor with a chuckle, as he gleefully draws his great blade.

Errandir

First Post
"Krindorf!" Eivan says, grinning broadly. "Now, of all the..."

That is as far as he gets. As the cries of alarm begin, Eivan wheels around in time to see the rotting corpses step out towards them. "Ah hells," he says promptly, then hastily drops his pack, all thought of conversation abandoned.

Reaching down, he pulls out the light crossbow strapped on to the pack and gazes down the road, trying to gauge distance. But a thought strikes him, and instead of reaching for a bolt he mutters a few words and holds his position carefully, watching the corpses advance.

[sblock=ooc]Free Action:
Drop pack
Move Action:
Pick up crossbow
Standard Action:
Readies "Ray of Frost" for casting if the corpses come within spell range (25 feet)

By the way, if I ready a spell and end up not using it, do I lose the spell slot? If so, Eivan won't do that.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Free Action:
Drop pack
Move Action:
Pick up crossbow
Standard Action:
Readies "Ray of Frost" for casting if the corpses come within spell range (25 feet)

By the way, if I ready a spell and end up not using it, do I lose the spell slot? If so, Eivan won't do that.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] You are fine, essentially delaying your turn until the conditions are met. The spell isn't cast if your target doesn't come into range. But if the targets do not come into range before Eivan's turn comes in Round 2, your actions are essentially forfeited (spell not cast). Of course you can call it a delayed initiative action instead and then act freely as the circumstances dictate. Eivan's Initiative will be 1 above the monsters from that point on. Readying the spell is more for actions trying to shoot the first person through a door when you interrupt their movement before they reach you. But up to you. You can fix/change it. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf was about to give a demolishing pat on the back to his long seen friend, when the ruccus started. Shrugging he takes out his bow, loads an arrow and Dang! the arros sticks on a tree. Another of those smart comments from Gregor made the dwarf miss his mark.
"Ye piece o' goblin crap! It's the third arrow ye make me miss with da big mouth o' yers!"
he grumbles.
[sblock=ooc]
Move Action:
Take shortbow from the back
Free Action:
Load arrow
Standard Action:
Shoots monster 1, assuming it has no cover. 11 vs AC (Factoring the range increment of -2) for 2 dmg. [/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
[sblock=OOC] You are fine, essentially delaying your turn until the conditions are met. The spell isn't cast if your target doesn't come into range. But if the targets do not come into range before Eivan's turn comes in Round 2, your actions are essentially forfeited (spell not cast). Of course you can call it a delayed initiative action instead and then act freely as the circumstances dictate. Eivan's Initiative will be 1 above the monsters from that point on. Readying the spell is more for actions trying to shoot the first person through a door when you interrupt their movement before they reach you. But up to you. You can fix/change it. [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Oh, that's fine then. My reasoning was that I can't cast any spells this turn (because they're out of range) and I can't fire the crossbow, because it would take another move action to load and then a standard action to shoot. If I ready the spell, at least I have a chance of doing something before next turn.[/sblock]

Remove ads