D&D 5E The Swamp 5e pbp game [IC]

RadarMonk

Explorer
After about thirty minutes one of the guards from before jogs up to you. "The mayor has decided to see you, but I would be careful. He has been in one of his moods recently and if you seem threatening to him he might go ballistic. Just try not to hurt him'" she says as she leads you inside the manor. As you walk through the manor its formerly resplendent decor are scattered across the the rooms. You are lead into a sitting room where the Mayor paces back and forth feverishly. He doesn't seem to notice you.

Shayuri

First Post
Eilessa clears her throat and says, "Hello? We're..." she makes a little loop with her left hand, figuratively tying the group together with a gesture, "...we're the ones who're volunteering to find your daughter. I know this must be a very hard time for you, but we could really use just a bit of information before we start. It would get us off to a faster start, and give us a better chance of getting to her quickly."

"Would you be willing to talk with us for a few minutes?"

RadarMonk

Explorer
The mayor looks up at you wildly and clutches th fireplace poker he is holding to his chest. "Oh good, you can help. Sit down," he says wildly as he pushes stacks of papers off of various chairs. "You are here to find my daughter, are you not," he says a little more calmly.

RadarMonk

Explorer
"The raids! First I will tell you of them. The first one was three weeks ago the creatures attacked the forge stealing weapons and hurting the blacksmith, then two weeks ago the broke into the magic shop, finally last week they attacked the tavern. At the tavern they killed five people. It was after the third raid that Rose disappeared. There were no sightings of anything going in or out of the house during the raid, but when I went to go check on her she was gone along with our family's sword." He speaks frantically and never stops pacing.

ccs

41st lv DM
Bree, excitedly: "Ooh what did they take from the Magic Shop? Do you know wich way they came from or left? Have there always been lizardmen in the area? What's the sword look like? Is it magical? Does it have a name?"
Pauses for breath....

Scales looks at Bree expectantly.
Bree looks back at him. Finally shrugs.

"And Scales wants to know if there's a reward."

"Oh yeah. I'm Bree, this is Scales. He's my familiar. And this is _________ (introduces the rest of the group)."

RadarMonk

Explorer
"She could fight with the sword, but always seemed to want to be my successor. The culprits are probably lizard folk, but other than that I can offer no description.They took mostly potions from the shop. They move so quickly that we can't seem to follow where they are going, and it seems as if the swamp itself was trying to confuse us when we tried to hunt them. The sword is a large great sword with some small magical properties, and it bears our family crest. Lizard folk have never been an issue before." He speaks slowly, and appears to be calming down. "As for a reward, if you bring my daughter back I can give you..." he pauses thinking "... Fifteen thousand gold." As he speaks of the swamp trying to confuse the people who tried to track the lizard folk, you recall that something similar had happened to you. Your party was not lost due to Kel's capabilities, but if you had been with anyone less skilled you might still be wandering the swamp.

Last edited:

Kaiden stood near the door they entered and listened. How the mayor described everything it sounded unlikely the girl was taken. But she might have went after the lizardfolk herself. In either case the girl was in trouble. More than likely she was lost somewhere in the swamp. That was dangerous enough. If she did happen to find the lizardfolk village then she would be in real danger. Kaiden didn't even listen to the reward offer. They had already decided to find the girl the reward didn't matter to him.

"How long has Rose been missing?"

Remove ads