• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Swords of Imarr: Midnight at the Meat & Gristle

Faoiltiarna

First Post
S'mon said:
Bernard nods gravely, seemingly satisfied.

"Then I shall tell you, oh child of Imarok..."

At this point Denther enters the tavern and Faoil rises to meet him.

Faoil's appeared to almost jump at the name "Imarok".

"Himoos...he called me that when he held a blade at me throat as if to kill me. I don't understand."

mps42 said:
Denther quietly sidles up to Bernard the sage and his heavily armored companion. "Greetings to you, ancient one*," nodding slightly to the heavily armored woman "and to your... female friend."

As the woman rises to her feet and her hand goes to her scabbard "Easy, as long as you are not on the overkingdoms wanted ledgers, I am no threat to you."

To Bernard "You sent for me in that I might help you recovering something of yours, is this not so? I must say in all candor that I am for familiar with tracking men than _things_ but, as times are a bit thin at the moment, I will more than happy to help. For the right price."

Faoil looked towards Bernard to assure herself she knew the newcomer and then sat back down.

*Am I on the ledgers?* She thought to herself. It was in this very Inn that Himoos had died from the blade of the barbarian woman who had been her unforseen liberator. With the aid of a street urchin, the two women had managed to leave the tavern unseen, but Himoos' body had been left in the room upstair that he had rented. Faoil was ill-at-ease in the tavern and wished to be on her way, but it was apparent that Bernard was not ready to leave just yet.

S'mon said:
Bernard looks up as Denther approaches.

"Mr Mosie, you've come. Good. Please sit down. You too, Lady Faoil."

(Once they sit)

He turns to Faoil.

"The barbarian and the girl thief over there watching us are not familiar to me, but I suspect they are on the same quest as ourselves. Copies of the map are in circulation, and time is of the essence. Mr Mosie, I can pay you two hundred gold for a night's work - dangerous work, 'tis true, but you will not have far to travel..."

Faoil nodded her head slightly, the heavy hood of her cape slipping farther forward to shield her features even more in its deep shadows.

"They bear watching then," she said in a low and cultured voice of one born and raised in the ranks of the nobility.

::Tag the group::

Faoiltiarna

First Post
mps42 said:
200 gold eagles for a nghts work? Sounds too easy but I might as well listen that doesn't cost anything.

"Greetings and well met Lady Faoil. I hope our partnership shall bring us all waht we desire.

"As for the lady and the barbarian in the corner I, too, noticed them looking your way as I came in, Master Bernard. If they seek the same as we, it may be prudent to enlist their aid, rather than constantly looking over our shoulders."

As he sits, Denther waves down a barmaid and orders a small glass of Spiritwine and a small plate of food.

"Same to you Mr. Mosie," Faoil replies simply and takes a sip from of her wine.

S'mon said:
On Denther's request a curvaceous dark-haired slavegirl in a revealing leather costume brings over good wine and food, Bernard pays her a gold coin with a dismissive air while he ponders Denther's words.

"Enlist their aid. Hmm. The three of us should suffice, and I'm sure they cannot be trusted... Yet if they are a threat..."

Turning her attention to Bernard she says, "I would rather have a known threat within my midst so I can be aware of its intentions. It would be much more preferable to an unseen knife in the back. But it is entirely up to you Wise One if they are invited to accompany us."

::Tag::

S'mon

Legend
Hrothgar/Rajero/Alyx

Rajero:
"Pleased to meet you. Now what is the matter of this urgency Alyx?"

Alyx:
""I was telling Hrothgar, I recently 'acquired' a map - a copy of an old treasure-map... It shows the old burial catacombs beneath this tavern. Ever heard of the Amulet of Althuvion? No? It's a Sidhe artifact - from Angarin, from before the Mongali massacred the elves. It's said to be very powerful - worth a fortune, and sacred to the Angarin Sidhe. And the map shows it's located in the catacombs right under our feet. But the map says it's protected - 'guards & wards' - I can deal with traps okay, but 'guards' in a catacomb likely means somethin' nasty, I'm thinkin' - so I reckoned a bit o' muscle to help me out wouldn't hurt... Which is where you two come in.

"We get the Amulet, I can sell it for a good price, split the money... reckon you could both make two thousand gold off this, easy!"

She grins.

Faoil/Denther/Bernard

Faoil:
"I would rather have a known threat within my midst so I can be aware of its intentions. It would be much more preferable to an unseen knife in the back. But it is entirely up to you Wise One if they are invited to accompany us."

Bernard nods.

"I see you are both in agreement. Very well."

Bernard stands, taking his staff from where it leans against the wall, and walks over to the table where Alyx, Hrothgar and Rajero are sitting, skirting a couple of drunken labourers on the way.

Bernard nods gravely to Alyx.

"Milady... I believe we have the same goal in mind. I suggest we join forces, to our mutual benefit."

Alyx looks suspiciously up at Bernard, fingering her rapier hilt.

"Oh yes? How would that work, then?"

Bernard:
"We seek the same object, do we not? It is a relic sacred to my Order. I can pay you three well, if you would assist in its recovery..."

Alyx raises a sceptical eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? How much?"

Bernard:
"Two hundred pieces of gold, to each of you... for a night's effort."

Alyx snorts derisively.

"That amulet's worth thousands and you know it, old man!"

Bernard smiles sardonically.

"True. You must, however weigh the relative likelihood of success, should you oppose me and my Order, against the reduced reward..."

Alyx looks past Bernard, to Faoil and Denther.

"Your _Order_? I don't see no _Children of Blood_ here, old man - just two sword-swingers off the streets..."

She looks to Hrothgar and Rajero.

"Well, boys? What do you say?"

wysiwyg

First Post
Rajero

Rajero looks sternly at Bernard when he speaks: "Are you sure you wish to intimidate us old man? Even if we don't defeat your 'order' we will surely cripple it, making the likelyhood of your success very limited. If the relic is worth thousands the risk of retrieveing it cannot be so small. We are willing to compromise, but not unreasonably. Anything less then a thousand each is unreasonable."

Remove ads