The Temple of Lauto

covaithe

Explorer
The guards watch you carefully as you enter the temple, but do not move. The resurrection desk is easy enough to find, and a bored-looking young acolyte there points down a hallway in response to your inquiry. "You want to talk to Brother Laicos. Third door on the right."

ooc: Yes, I can take 8 for this, if everyone wants to come. Those who are coming should go over here.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les gives Cross a happy smile and Vashik a respectful nod. She's glad that the tiefling decided to come along, but not so sure about the old man. He was bitter and caustic and very opinionated. And yet, he did seem knowledgeable and old magicians were usually powerful, right? Her eyes watch Cross walk inside up the steps and can't help but have her gaze travel upwards along the architecture of the temple. The tolling of the bells stirs her heart. Les shakes her head, pulling back from her aesthetic trance. She realizes that Raiyek has already followed Cross inside and she hurries to keep up.

Inside, Cross is already speaking to the acolyte who had put out the notice. When Raiyek asks his question to everyone in general, the githyanki realizes that the Imperium must be quite different from here. How could he even ask that? It had seemed so apparent to her...

Raiyek...truly? We are to collect Hoofchew himself. Athough whether alive or dead is the true question. It doesn't much matter to me. Although I wonder what type of person manages to escape from Lautho's Temple without paying...? I had always thought their guards were so vigilant.

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen's cloak, leather armour and equipment had the obvious look of a natural traveller. Indeed she herself looked wild and upon starting up the steps of the temple she couldn't help but feel a little self concious about this. Any god was a force of nature and if this god preferred the 'in your face' magesty it might be disrespectful to just wander into his temple like this... Then again perhaps it would please him to know his subjects where far above others. The temple itself was very magestic in the bold way. Pure gold doors, well adorned gaurds. Still some of it was more subtle and she appreciated that magesty. The ringing bells had such a soothing sound.
Without realising it the elf had reached the stop of the stairs. Casting her eyes over the notic board she saw one that hit her interest. 500 gold no less, though no doubt it will be shared... More importantly the chance of a hunt. How i have missed the hunt.

Crossing to the resurrection desk Merenwen notices a young acolyte and asks where she might find details about the job in question.

"You want to talk to Brother Laicos. Third door on the right."

"Thank you very much" Spinning on her hells Merenwen quickly moves towards the third door on the right.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk finally reaches his destination, noticing patrons from the watering hole walking into the temple after reading the note on the door. He strides quickly until he reaches the rest of the group.

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Moving quickly through the crowds, Kilbeth arrived at the temple, pushing through the crowds like a wedge. He glances at the notice, and follows the strangely garbed folk to the resurrection desk.

Dawn Raven

First Post
The githyanki flips through the air and floats up the stairs to stand next to Kruk. "Who are you talking to, Kruk? We have to go see that creepy priest again to get our reward."

Les non-chalantly walks to where his office had been and waits at the entrance for the others to arrive before entering. When they finally catch up, she knocks once and waits for a response.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Awesome. :) Actually, I'm hoping this becomes a semi-regular thing, mini-adventures like this (and another idea or two that I have cooking...) to pass the time when longer adventures are hard to come by. Part of what I'm trying to do here is build a framework for that.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I'd like to second a big thanks to covaithe! This is a perfect jump off point for my character... Kamotz just went from The Drowned Man in Bacarte to The Hanged Man in Daunton, and has gotten wrapped up in something already. This is a site he will HAVE to see once his contract is finished. I'm really excited about the community here, very impressed, and happy I'm becoming a part of it. Thanks for the great welcome and help so far, to Lord Sessadore and anyone else who has been teaching me how to best become part of ENworld![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc p.s.]I am currently enthralled by long arm of lauto, great job on everyone's part and I'm only just through the first skill challenge![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads