The Time of Troubles, please elaborate...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Re: Thak you all, but...

JohnBrown said:
Why did Ao make all the gods walk the earth?

Cause AO got tired of just golfing! :p No seriously he just was upset because the gods weren't treating their charges and duties with the respect they deserved. The final straw was the stealing of the Tablets of Fate, which had the duties and portfolios of the gods by Bane, Bhaal and Mykrul (though Bhaal really didn't help much, just aided them.) He told them to go to earth and that's where they went

JohnBrown said:
In general, what happened to the gods while they were there?

Chaos, destruction, lots of dead things running around, gods sitting around making proclaimations, wars, famines, plagues, oh and I think they found Jimmy Hoffa too! ;)

JohnBrown said:
What was the aftermath?

Some dead gods, some changes in magic, and I believe Elminster got laid/kissed more than he usually expected to that year. ;)

BronzeDragon

Explorer
Re: Thank you all, but...

JohnBrown said:
Why did Ao make all the gods walk the earth? In general, what happened to the gods while they were there? What was the aftermath?

Again thanks for all the quick feedback,

JohnBrown

Again, I do not have my sources here, but I will try to answer. Please note I have NOT read the books in question, only a great deal of info about the ToT in sourcebooks like Faiths & Avatars, etc...

It all began as one of the evil gods, cannot remember which one (it was either Bhaal or Myrkul or Bane), stole the Tablets Of Fate (TM).

Those tablets were like a blueprint for becoming a god and, ultimately, destroying gods. Since this was supposed to be the province of Ao alone, he decided to cast all the gods into the Realms (physically, not only in avatar form) to punish and warn them.

Through a lot of misadventures, the Tablets Of Fate were returned to Ao by none other than Cyric, who claimed the right to become a god and acquired most of the portfolios of the three aforementioned evil deities.

The repercussions of the destruction of several minor gods and the deaths of the three most important evil gods of the realms, as you can imagine, were tremendous.

The first assumption was that good times lay ahead, since Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul, who had plagued the realms for countless years, were dead. But what people failed to see was that Cyric had absorbed the majority of their portfolios, and was a single mind!

The possibilities for mayhem and destruction were endless, and, sure enough, lots of that was to come. And mainly through the machinations of Cyric the Mad.

Cyric even decided to create an artifact, called the Cyrinishad, that would make everyone who read it a worshipper of Cyric. But he was so deranged he made the mistake of reading it himself. Thus the series of misfortunes that befell the realms in recent years.

In a nutshell, and barring severe problems with my memory (which can happen, be warned), This is what happened.

Nightfall

Re: Thanks Nightfall

JohnBrown said:

Np. Bronze has the right of to a degree. *He's following the lead of Faiths and Powers* I however have the old box sets AND the trilogy, so I have something to refer too. Also Cloak and Dagger was helpful in talking about the Baneson, now Bane. In any case I don't mind making fun of the Realms. I just enjoy the fun parts TOO! :)

Nightfall

:) Sorry there Bronze but I was using my Heraldic/Chosen powers so I'm afraid you had a disavantage. Best two out three? ;)

BronzeDragon

Explorer
Nightfall said:
:) Sorry there Bronze but I was using my Heraldic/Chosen powers so I'm afraid you had a disavantage. Best two out three? ;)

Hum, I believe I should see Gaurak about this. I have so much in common with him...perhaps he would give me some neat chosen powers too... :D

Too bad he is trapped.... :(

Nightfall

EeeK! *hides his face* Don't say that name! Ugh...*shudders* Well you could talk to a hag or two. I'm sure they'd like to use THEIR powers. I know they are pretty DARN nasty. Btw, have you stopped by Mortality lately? I posted some titanspawn feats in my own forums there, along with some other Scarred Land stuff. Be interested in your opinion.

Remove ads