The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
The chains are made of alchemical silver, and are definitely valuable.
Boog scoured the premises for anything of value, and worked on securing it while the captives rested. Once he'd retrieved everything that he could, he announced to the group that, "If we leave now, we may be able to have dinner at the monastery. I would prefer that."

Manzanita

First Post
"Yes. Let's go." Rowan leaves with the others, helping to carry anything of value. He wants to consult the monks about taking care of a werewolf.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana (I didn't get to roll my last attack *sniff* ;)) puts away her weapon, and looks around at the prisoners. She looks over to Xu Pheng with disdane, "Mistress Kitrina was right to send me to defend her honor. You have much to learn."

She will help gather up anything of relivence for the monks to study.

OOC: 900 will put Juliana... 42 XP Short :] I'm hoping I'll make that up in time XP, though I'm tempted to use an XP credit. :)

Patlin

Explorer
"It would be impolite to return insights with someone who has just done me a valuable service, so I will ignore your rudeness." Xu Phung replies, gritting his teeth.

ooc: Sounds like time xp will put you over the top once we close up.

Patlin

Explorer
When you arrive at the monastery, there is a stir of activity allready going on. As monks come to tend to the rescued kidnapping victims you are informed that the Knight somehow managed to escape, stealing his horse back in the process.

Rowan discusses the curing of lycanthropy with some of the more knowledgeable monks. While they suggest keeping one set of the silver manacles in order to use them on appropriate nights each month, they themselves have little to offer by way of technique. They do, however, tell Rowan of a shrine deep in the northern mountains from which good spirits can be contacted by those in need. Perhaps the spirits can provide a cure? If so, they would certainly expect something in return.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan pulls Vanth away for a private conversation. "Listen. I'm you're brother. More than your brother - I'm your twin, and like it or not, we've got to stick up for each other. You're a werewolf. I know you are. Admit it. Tell me what you know about it. Do you change each full moon or what? Maybe we can head north together for this shrine the monks speak of. I know - they come across pretty strange, but I've come to trust these monks. They've been really good to me. We could bring a set of silver manacles and lock you up when we see a full moon coming. Let's get this done and you cured. What do you say?"

El Jefe

First Post
OoC: Boog is approved for 4th level. Brainlock will be interesting...would have completely changed the character of the last two fights.
Bront said:
OOC: 900 will put Juliana... 42 XP Short :] I'm hoping I'll make that up in time XP, though I'm tempted to use an XP credit. :)
OoC: I feel your pain. Boog was only 11 points shy of 4th after the cleric fight - it was hard to not whine for a handful of XP here or there. Made me feel like going and mugging a kobold or something... :D

Patlin

Explorer
Alone with his brother, Vanth is more willing to talk.

"I... I must be. I've been having blackouts during full moons, and I've woken up naked in the woods covered with blood. I'm not sure that even the silver manacles will be enough, if the moon is full. Those creeps kidnapped us during a new moon for a reason. I was going to just go far away from any people, but wherever I went there seemed to be one village or another too close."

"Rowan, I just don't know what to do!"

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan shakes his head. He's filled with pity for his brother and sorrow over their sad perdicament. He tries not to let this show. He wishes Kirin were still around. She would know what to do.

"Vanth, we're going to be fine. We'll go to this secret shrine in the northern mountains. It's a long way, but we're survivors. We'll hunt and fish like old times. I'll bring the silver mancles and some rope. We'll keep an eye on the moon and get you good & tied up when the time is ripe. I'll stand guard. We'll get you cured. I can ask my friends to come with us. I'll warn you, they're an odd pair, and I don't even know if they'll come. But they are brave and good to have in a fight. You might even like the girl, but remember - I saw her first!" He gives Vanth a playful punch in the arm.

Rowan heads out to find Juliana and Boog. "So we got some loot to split. I'd take this lance if I could afford a horse. I might take this black shield and the breastplate as well. What do we do with these potions and scrolls. Can you guys read them?"

"Hey, and another thing." Rowan hangs his head here and pauses, trying to find his words. "I know we've had our differences, but I want you both to know I really appreciate you guys sticking with me and rescuing my brother. I couldn't have done it without you. You have the right to know that my brother is a werewolf, so those jerks were right about something. I'm going to find a cure for my brother. I dont' know how, exactly, but some of these here monks told me about a shrine, deep in the northern mountains, where we might be able to get some help. I plan on taking Vanth up there." Rowan pauses again then looks up. "If'n either of you wanted to come, you'd be most welcome."

Remove ads