• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan slaps the journal several times as Boog reads. "This is it!" he shouts. "This Xu Phung character is a werewolf! He's behind all this cow eating." He continues in a softer voice. "Not Vance, but OK. It's a start. I need to learn all about these creatures. Hmmm. Someone dug in to the werewolf-monk. A rotting hand and a silvered bolt were left. Somone may have dug in as a were-wolf. Can werewolves dig like that? Then turned into human form and walked out with boots, dragging a dead monk. But there were two monks. This is interesting. Perhaps Xu Phung had a werewolf buddy outside."

Rowan promises himself that he will accelerate his reading lessons with Kirin. Can't be dependent on weirdo's to read stuff to you. And he had to learn how to track. Perhaps there were books on that too...

OOC: Would Rowan recall how if the full moon was recent, and would correspond to just before the tourney? If not, he'll ask the more detail-oriented monks.

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
"This Xu Phung character is a werewolf! He's behind all this cow eating." He continues in a softer voice. "Not Vance, but OK. It's a start. I need to learn all about these creatures. Hmmm. Someone dug in to the werewolf-monk. A rotting hand and a silvered bolt were left. Somone may have dug in as a were-wolf. Can werewolves dig like that? Then turned into human form and walked out with boots, dragging a dead monk. But there were two monks. This is interesting. Perhaps Xu Phung had a werewolf buddy outside."
Boog stared at his companion. So many conclusions to leap to, so little time! If he went on rattling like this, the monks were bound to notice.

"You seem sure of much that I'm not so sure of. Are you sure Ton Mei wasn't the werewolf? Wouldn't a werewolf just leap or climb over the wall? I've seen wolves dig dens, but nothing so elaborate as a huge tunnel through a wall. What if someone mistook some other creature for a werewolf and fired a silvered bolt at it?" He paused. "I'm not sure what we've really learned here."[sblock=Ooc: ]Book continues milking his manifestation for all it is worth, sweeping the cone around if the original three monks empty their minds of any surface thoughts.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan takes little notice of Boog's doubts. "And where would you get a rotting hand. It wouldn't belong to one of the monks. I think we should check out the local cemetary, as well, and see if someone has been appropriating bodies. For now, though, I'd like to catch up with our friends. Let's head out for that seer."

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
I think we should check out the local cemetary, as well, and see if someone has been appropriating bodies. For now, though, I'd like to catch up with our friends. Let's head out for that seer."
Boog considered that the cemetery may well turn up something even if there wasn't any sort of were-creature for thousands of miles. It would be good to locate the seer as well. Maybe she wouldn't be able to resist his new power, and thus wouldn't be as hostile as the monks.

"That makes more sense", agreed Boog. "Let's go."

Patlin

Explorer
Sweeping the cone around, Boog brings two more monks into range of his power as the monks walk by. The results are mixed. He finds that one of the monks is thinking about ways to purge his soul of sin. The other startles, looks around and says "What's that?"

Aramist, the monk who had challenged Boog a moment ago, frowns at this with suspicion. Boog may make a bluff check opposed by the Monk's sense motive check to prevent the Monk from reaching the conclusion that Boog is the source of this exclamation. The monk's result is 19.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
[This is slightly disjoint in time, but it doesn't appear to matter...]

Julianna and Kirin arrive at a small village. The center of town consists of 3 stores. The first is a smithy, the second a general store, and the third is an inn.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Aramist, the monk who had challenged Boog a moment ago, frowns at this with suspicion. Boog may make a bluff check opposed by the Monk's sense motive check to prevent the Monk from reaching the conclusion that Boog is the source of this exclamation.
For a moment, Boog was tempted to act as if he had nothing to do with the one monk's reaction. But then he decided that he wasn't really doing anything wrong, merely something that some of the monks found distasteful, perhaps even offensive. He continued to walk away with Rowan. If this Aramist challenged him again, he would simply answer truthfully as he had before. And if Aramist decided to go beyond a mere challenge, well, there were ways of dealing with that, Boog noted slyly.[sblock=OoC: ]No bluff check. It isn't really in Boog's nature to bluff. He's more the "hammer them with a massive blast of psionics, then sweet-talk them once they're in his thrall" sort of guy.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads