• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy catches his chin in his hand and thinks. "If that thing is a dragon, then I want the body. Dragon's are full of valuable parts. Teeth, scales, even blood. I'm going to go down there and get it. I've got over an hour left on my magic armor."

"Rogier. The treasure is through that tunnel. There's no where else to go. Did you actually find air, and dry land on the other side?"

OOC: What's Iggy's HP count now?

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir felt new, itchy skin knit over the painful sores left by the acid. He clasped Rogier's hands, and replied, "I thank you, and your god, for this gift of healing."

Manzanita said:
"Rogier. The treasure is through that tunnel. There's no where else to go. Did you actually find air, and dry land on the other side?"
Oirhandir listened to the hafling. Although he agreed with Rogier that any treasure or further exploration could wait until tomorrow, he wasn't too thrilled about swimming past a decaying dragon's corpse to get to it. Maybe he could work out something with Iggy that was mutually agreeable.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"There was land, but that was just about it. It was dark and I didn't see a damn thing, and when this dragon-thingy attacked me, I decided to get back as fast as possible. If there is a treasure, it might be there, but I can't confirm that there is one."

El Jefe

First Post
"Well, then let us choose a middle path", proposed the bard. "We can take a few minutes today and cleanse this pool, then rest tonight and come back for whatever's in the rear chamber tomorrow", he continued. "And", he said as he grasped the loose end of the rope that was still tied to Rogier's waist, "I have some magic that may be able to repair these lines."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"OK. I think we have no choice but to do that swim again. Today or tommorrow. We've got no other leads to the treasure. For now. I want to get that dragon. I'll make a loop in this rope." Iggy ties a small knot, then guides the rope through it forming a lasso. "Then I'l swim down there and secure this around the creature. Then you guys can pull it up. I'm sure it's worth more than that crocodile we're dragging around.

If the others are agreeable, Iggy will then take a few deep breaths, and dive in to carry out his plan.

Pbartender

First Post
Iggy swims down through the water to retrieve the dragon's body. As he paddles through the water, his skin vaguely itches... Likely due to the blood of an acidic dragon diluting throughout the pool. At the bottom, he ties a rope around the dragon's neck, and resurfaces, while the other haul it up.

Aside from a few holes and gashes, the body is in pretty good shape. About the size of a large cat, the dragon has a whip-like tail that is twice as long as the rest of its body, a four foot wide wing span, and sleek iridescent black scales.

Xael

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Gosh. Thank you, Almayce. That healing is amazing. So important. Vital... Perhaps I should have followed the path of a priest instead of a wizard."
"Nonsense. I fully intend to follow the Arcane path myself sometime in the future. Though I probaly won't abandon my job as a priest either.", Almayce answers to Iggy.

Almayce waits for Iggy to get the Dragon's corpse from the pool. "The corpse is probably very valuable, in other ways than as in parts that is. Dragon bodies don't especially turn up every other day, so somebody might be interested in it from research point of view.", Almayce ponders aloud.

When/if they start to rest, Almayce will convert Detect Magic and Read Magic to Cure Minor Wounds and cast those at Rogier.

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir thanked Iggy for his troubles, and retreived his staff. After a few minutes of sorting through posessions and rope, the foursome exited the cave, carrying the little black dragon's body. Oirhandir stopped at the beginning of the exit tunnel to pick up and store his chimes and mallet, then followed the rest of the group back up to their camp on the top of the hill.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"So you guys just want to rest here again tonight, and venture through that underwater tunnel again in the morning? I feel OK, now, actually. Thanks, Almayce. I wonder if we shouldn't continue on today. I wouldn't mind a little break though. I've got my spell books to keep me company. & I"d be interested in examining this little creature."

OOC: Not to mention any XP reward would put him up a level - and others as well!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads