• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious O'Reilly

"Rogier, I have a light spell, we well, which I could cast on a dagger. I'll swim with you. I can't go as fast, but at least if there's something on the other side, I could help you deal with it."

Iggy will cast mage armor on himself, too, before they start, and will offer to cast it on one more person as well.

Xael

First Post
Pbartender said:
Oirhandir mends the rope, while Iggy begins inexpertly dissecting the only known dragon specimen within a thousand of miles of Orussus for perhaps the last several hundred years...

Almayce weeps silently inside his mind.

"I can cast a light spell too, but there's no sense in using them more than we have to, since they don't last too long.", Almayce says. He also volunteers to receive Iggy's Mage Armor spell, if he has an extra.

OOC: Same spells prepared as before.

Pbartender

First Post
Manzanita said:
Iggy will eat some dragonflesh.

The meat is rubbery and stringy. It tastes vaguely like chicken, but the meat's juices have a powerful vinegar flavor, and on the whole it leaves an excessively tenacious bitter aftertaste. Iggy's tastebuds are worn away until his tongue feels like sandpaper, and the only lingering flavor he can sense is that of day-old stomach bile.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Yuck. This dragon flesh isn't nearly as good as it's made out to be. Oh well. At least I tried it."

To prepare for his underwater journey, Iggy again places his spellbook and components in his alligator skin pouch. He secures this to his belt, along with a dagger and scabbard. Otherwise he is naked.

"Alright. Let's go!"

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir offered a rope to whoever was going to be first in the water. He planned to wait until a line was secured, then to use it to traverse the underwater passageway without shedding his armor.

Xael

First Post
Almayce has no intention of being the first one to swim. He plans to wait until at least Rogier has reached the other side.

Pbartender

First Post
OCC: Gah! My notes dissapeared from my home computer! I've got them on my computer at work :uhoh:, but I won't be back to work until Friday morning... Sorry for the delay. :eek:

Pbartender

First Post
Iggy and Rogier reach the other end of the underwater tunnel with little trouble. Emerging carefully from the water, they finds the previous thick mist to have vanished, revealing a moist, dark cave similar to the one he just left.

In one corner, they can see the dull glimmer of coins piled in a heap.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Iggy was going to swim through with Rogier. If you haven'y rolled for that, then assume Iggy will follow. If he's already through then...

IC: Iggy will try to find something to secure the rope to in order to help pull through the others.

El Jefe

First Post
As Rogier made preparations for diving, Oirhandir removed his shield, bow and pack, then returned his shield and bow to his shoulders. He lashed his staff to his pack so that he could pull it along with one hand on his staff, and pull himself along with his other hand on the rope.

The bard waited until the rope that Iggy pulled behind him stopped sliding into the water, and gave it a tug every couple of minutes until it seemed that Iggy (or someone) had secured the other end. Once it seemed secure, Oirhandir took a big breath, grasped the rope firmly with his right hand, and pulled himself through the tunnel, trailing his pack at the end of his staff behind him.

Remove ads