• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

Xael

First Post
Almayce sighs, takes a deep breath while grasping the rope with both hands, and enters the water after Oirhandir, pulling himself to the other side.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Rogier waits patiently on the other side till everbody gets there, pulling them out of the water the moment they come within reach.

Xael

First Post
"Oh.", Almayce comments blankly, as he spots the treasure pile. Paranoid as ever, he casts Detect Magic, scanning the room, followed by Detect Secret Doors. He then goes to take a look at the pile.

Pbartender

First Post
Xael said:
"Oh.", Almayce comments blankly, as he spots the treasure pile. Paranoid as ever, he casts Detect Magic, scanning the room, followed by Detect Secret Doors. He then goes to take a look at the pile.

Almayce senses a pair of faint magical auras buried within the heap of loot. They feel like the same divination and necromancy auras he sensed earlier from atop the hill.

Afterward, Almayce can detect no secret doors within the cave, nor are there any other obvious exits, aside from the underwater tunnel.

The treasure itself seems to consist mainly of a large, loose pile of gold and silver coins. A handful of leather bags and pouches are scattered amongst the horde. An elaborate suit of plate mail is propped against the wall behind the pile of money, with a bastard sword laid across its knees.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Almayce frowns. "I don't like the combination of magical auras within the pile. They might be a trap, or they migh just be magic items. Either way, I'd prefer not to start going through the pile myself. Any volunteers?", he says to others. Almayce then proceeds to make a quick search of the cave for other possibly hidden treasures.

El Jefe

First Post
Xael said:
Almayce frowns. "I don't like the combination of magical auras within the pile. They might be a trap, or they migh just be magic items. Either way, I'd prefer not to start going through the pile myself. Any volunteers?", he says to others.

"I'll do it", volunteered Oirhandir. He started examining the various leather bags and pouches to see if they were still up to the task of holding heavy coin while being submerged without bursting open. Oirhandir then started filling the bags that passed inspection with coin, starting with the gold and, once that was all gathered, adding the silver. Any that wouldn't fit in the bags went into his pack. The elf was careful to not disturb the armor or the sword during all this work.

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"Hey - Dragon treasure!" Iggy ponders a bit as the others bustle about. "If that little dragon lived here, he probably left signs." Iggy looks about for some sort of sleeping nest and signs of food remains and dung. He probably slept on the treasure, thinks Iggy.

"Good thing there's not room for Mom, here. I was worried. So. The evil Rogier detected above was probably the dragon. The magic was what we have here. So is this it? Rogier, you're the warrior, perhaps you should check out that armor and weapon."

With that Iggy takes to helping Oihandir with the sorting and packing of coins.

Pbartender

First Post
Most of the sacks are intact, though severa have been opened and spilled out to make a more comfortable bed for the aspiring dragon.

Scooping coins into sacks, Oirhandir estimates that there about seven hundred gold coins, and better thirty thousand silver pieces... A more precise count will need to be made later. Amongst the sacks of coin, he finds a small velvet pouch containing two beautiful moonstones and a large flawless lump of polished amber with a large damselfly imbedded inside. He also finds a silver chalice engraved with ornate vined knotwork, an ebony statuette of an armored knight mounted on a rearing horse, a large hourglass filled with quicksilver in place of sand, a narrow wooden box containing a fine brass spyglass, an oiled leather scroll case, and a finely scrimshawed bone flute.

Concentrating, Almayce discovers that the scrimshaw flute is the source of the necromancy, and whatever is inside the scroll case contains the abjuration.

While helpng to sort the treasure, Iggy notices a wide, flat rock next to the suit of armor. The rock itself isn't particularly notable, but atop the rock sits what looks like several ceramic ink pots, a handful of quills, and a scattered sheaf of parchment sheets, some of which seem to have been written on.

El Jefe

First Post
Pbartender said:
Scooping coins into sacks, Oirhandir estimates that there about seven hundred gold coins, and better thirty thousand silver pieces... A more precise count will need to be made later.
Oirhandir started counting the coins, then quickly began estimating the number when he found that would take all day. He then shifted to estimating by weight, and made an announcement: "Uh, by my reckoning, we have over 600 pounds of silver here." The elf grinned mischieviously, "I think we'll have to make two trips."

Pbartender said:
Amongst the sacks of coin, he finds a small velvet pouch containing two beautiful moonstones and a large flawless lump of polished amber with a large damselfly imbedded inside. He also finds a silver chalice engraved with ornate vined knotwork, an ebony statuette of an armored knight mounted on a rearing horse, a large hourglass filled with quicksilver in place of sand, a narrow wooden box containing a fine brass spyglass, an oiled leather scroll case, and a finely scrimshawed bone flute.
Oirhandir carefully sat the trinkets aside as he scooped up the coins. "Perhaps a third trip, just for these", he thought to himself, realizing that the recovery of these items was the very reason Rupert had sent the small band to this place.

Remove ads