The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Dr Simon

Explorer
Whilst the group ponders the mysteries surrounding Dinas Hydd, the strange ghost woman and the dark pool, Quint notices something white glinting under the dark waters, something at the bottom of the pool that briefly catches the wan winter sunlight.

ghostcat

First Post
After pointing out the glittering object to the others, he kneels down by the side of the pond trying to see what the thing is.

Eventually he extracts an arrow from his quiver and tries to retrieve the object without falling in.

Kaodi

Hero
"If that does not work," says Gwyneira, "Perhaps if one of you has a rope you can tie it to me and I will try to go into the pool to get it."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Bones. That's what the white object in the pool turns out to be. But thanks to a trick of the light they are deeper than they look, and Quint isn't able to reach them from the shore. So Gwyneira climbs in to the ice-cold water to retrieve them. The pool is deeper than it looks, but she is able to retrieve the visible bones - a skull, a shoulderblade and what looks to be part of an arm. Entwined about the humerus is a strand of white material.

[sblock=Gwyneira]
Gywn needs to make a Fortitude save DC 15 or take 3 points of nonlethal damage and become fatigued due to the cold.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Shivering near-uncontrollably as she surfaces with the last relics of Angharad, Gwyneira places them by the pool side and climbs out with desperate abandon. "S-s-so c-c-c-c-old-d-d," she says through chattering teeth as she grabs her heavy cloak from the branch where she had left it and clutches it around her. Had her skin not been so pale to begin with surely it would gone so after venturing into the pool.

OOC: Fortitude: 1d20+2=6

ghostcat

First Post
Quint takes one look at Gwyneira shivering uncontrollably and realises that something must be done as soon as possible. The problem is that he knows that he needs to get her out of her wet clothes and he does not really know her well enough to suggest it.

Taking a deep breath, he tentatively he says "I have some small skill in avoiding hypothermia the problem is. It means getting you out of your wet clothes and dry off as soon as possible. If you don't do this, you could die."

Shayuri

First Post
While Quint offers his aid, Myfwany murmurs quietly to herself, invoking the aid of ancestral spirits and the secret knowledge of the earth. She then crosses to Gwyneira and starts to undress her with quick, efficient motions and the clinical lack of expression of a physician.

"Quint, if you're going to help, help. If your honor demands modesty, then stand guard," she says briskly.

(OOC - basically casting Guidence, then a Heal check to help Gwyn out! [roll0])

Kaodi

Hero
"I-I- think I-I'll be o-k-k-kay," stammers Gwyneira as she strategically maneuvers around to the other side of the big tree as Myfwany snatches her clothes from her. At least she would be okay if she could trust her companions with some of her secrets.

As they duck out of sight of the men, Gwyneira doggedly confounds any attempts by the druidess to remove her gloves. Whispering, "Hold on a m-minute, I-I can f-f-fix this," she raises a shivering finger to her lips and, hoping she is not about to commit a huge mistake, begins muttering a simple incantation as quietly as she can. Once it is cast, the 'herbalist' moves her hand over one of the soaked articles in Myfwany's hands, drying it out significantly.

ghostcat

First Post
"Its not so much my honour" says Quint "Its more Gwyneira's modesty I am thinking of. I don't know her that well enough to start undressing her without permission."

That said Quint deliberately turns his back and stands guard.

Remove ads