The Trindle Isle Market [Manzanita Judging]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"That sounds reasonable. Should we try to find the shop before it gets dark tonight, or head downstairs to the bar and ask around, then set out tomorrow?" While discussing their plans, Lookspring takes out the papers and examines them for any information about what it is they will be transporting.

ooc: If you want to head out tomorrow, we could gather information tonight about where the merchant is that we're looking for and if anything is known about them. If we gather info, my roll is 20

Patlin

Explorer
The common room of the The Trindle Isle Inn is a bit wild. There's a lot of gambling and drinking going on, and your a bit surprised a fight hasn't broken out amongst any of the sailors. It is, however, a fairly easy place to pick up information.

Lookspring is able to determine not only the best route to get to the herbalist, but also some general information about his business. Apparently, Trindle Isle has some rare herbs that grow here, but nothing of any great intrinsic value. From what you gather, very little of what the hebalist sells is hard to come by, and the few hard to come by items have a fairly limited market. Of course, when all is said and done, the herbalist *is* one of the few land based businesses on the island, and he does manage to support himself, which earns him a certain amount of respect locally. Most of the islands population is transient sailors, a few businesses catering to them, and the occasional farm.

Patlin

Explorer
(You pay 3 silver for the room.)

The bright sun pouring in your window and the sound of waves on the nearby beach greet you as you wake up in the morning. The streets are quiet... perhaps the bad element about the market is still hung over from the festivities of the night before. You arrive at the herbalist unmolested.

"Can I help you?" an older human male asks as you walk into the shop.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring glances about the shop looking for any other people in the store. His nose wrinkles at the strong odors assaulting it. When approached by the shopowner he rummages through his bag and presents the letter of credit. "We are envoys of the Raddanor family and have come to claim their shipment. Here are our papers."

Patlin

Explorer
The herbalist takes a look at the papers.

"These all seem to be in order. Wait one moment."

He takes the letter of credit into the back room, and after some rumaging around comes back with a package of herbs and a small purse.

"Here is the package. I've also been instructed to give you the first part of your payment, which is in this purse."

A quick check of the purse reveals 20 gold pieces, as promised. The remaining 60 await your return to Orussus with the package.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring splits half the gold with Jeremiah then tucks the pouch away out of sight in his backpack, wrapping it carefully to prevent it from being torn accidently. He nods goodbye to the shopkeeper and turns to Jeremiah. "That was easy enough. These Raddanors must be real snobby rich folk if they didn't want to come here themselves. We've got a few days before the ship comes in, what do you say if we see if this pit stain of a town has anything to offer."

garlicnation

First Post
"I just want to get out of here, so i think i will stick mostly to the tavern and our room. If you see anything particulary interesting, tell me."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring shrugs and follows Jeremiah back to the tavern. He leaves his bag containing the pouch for Jeremiah to watch. With the morning ahead of him he sets out to explore the town.

Remove ads