• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The trouble with 365_Bazaar

Bagpuss

Legend
I wonder how many pages of discussion we will have on this Cut 'n Paste error. :lol:

I'm not convinced it is a Cut 'n Paste error as there are other attack powers that use Free Action, Homing Weapon immediately before Impaling Weapon and Vitriolic Weapon soon after for example.

To me it seems intentional, with Impaling Weapon it seems to make sense to me the opponent running onto your spear. It also means your spear is suck in the opponent until your next action, with the other two cases (Mind-Rending Weapon and Rod of the Dragon’s Heart) I'm not seeing a reason to have it that way.

In all cases I think it's a mistake however, since it relies on people remember an obscure rule about immediate actions, which will lead to people checking the the rules during play which is a pain.

DracoSuave

First Post
The rules for Immediate Actions are hardly obscure, seeing as the entire mechanics of Immediate Actions are intertwined with the powers and/or features of every melee class in the game, and quite a few non-melee to boot.

The weapon as-is is designed to be used during Opportunity Attacks, and during Commander's Strike.

Vitrolic weapon is halarious, cause you get splashed too.

Seeker_of_Truth

First Post
I've tried to compile a list of things that seem wrong ... did I miss anything?

Errata suggestions

Dragonclaw Armor - Change from immediate interrupt to immediate reaction. You can't escape a grab before you've been grabbed.

Dragonrider Armor - This has no increase in cost over regular scale. It should be level 12+ if not level 13+. Also as an interrupt it can't be used on your own turn ... is this intentional?

Fortified Armor - It should be explicitly stated whether the general bonus from the property stacks with the bonus granted by the daily power. Also perhaps the property bonus should be an Item bonus instead of untyped.

Impaling Weapon - Should be a free action to use. Immediate reaction makes this very hard to use.

Mind-Rending Weapon - Should be a free action to use. Immediate reaction makes this very hard to use.

Vitriolic Weapon - This power will also hit the weapon wielder. If this is intentional it should be stated explicitly.

Symbol of Courage - it's language should be more like fortified armor stating that the effect only works when the effect allows a save

Symbol of the Dragon - This lists as level 3+, but is only priced at 13+

Orb of Fiery Condemnation - says Level 5+, but starts at level 15.

Rod of Baleful Geas - Lists as 11+ but min level is 12. The power is very very strong for the cost. As a free action without limitations it can be used even on opponents turns. It should probably be a minor action?

Rod of the Dragon's Heart - Should be a free action to use. Immediate reaction makes this harder to use, probably unintentionally.

Staff of Draconic Power - The "when you would use" language is confusing. "When you use ..., do ... also." phrasing is much clearer as it's used in the PHB for similar items.

Staff of Verdant Growth - The "when you would use" language is confusing. "When you use ..., do ... also." phrasing is much clearer as it's used in the PHB for similar items.

Bracers of Escape - Level 7 version is nice, higher level versions cost a lot more for a fairly small increase in benefit (not sure how this might be fixed)

Eyes of the Dragon - This item is very similar to the Ioun stone of true sight, but it's five levels lower. Maybe this should be in the level 26 range?

Ring of Draconic Zeal - A free action with no restrictions is strong, not quite sure how this can be fully exploited with a basic attack, but I'm betting there are some strong combos with this item. Perhaps limit its use to after an attack to limit it?

Ring of the Ghost Night - The attack bonus seems too high.

all the rings - Rings should have a power boost after a milestone is hit.

Belt of Mountian Endurance - This is cheaper any more powerful than the level 22 verion of belt of Vigor and the bonus added is untyped.

Flask of the Dragon Breath - The attack needs to state what type of action it is and what defense it attacks (Reflex?) Again the attack bonus seems high. It also needs to be clearer whether the attack can only be made once.

Last edited:

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Tried to compile a list of things that seem wrong ... did I miss anything?

Errata suggestions

Dragonrider Armor - This has no increase in cost over regular scale. It should be level 12+ if not level 13+. Also as an interrupt it can't be used on your own turn ... is this intentional?

Impaling Weapon - Should be a free action to use. Immediate reaction makes this very hard to use.

Mind-Rending Weapon - Should be a free action to use. Immediate reaction makes this very hard to use.

Symbol of Courage - it's language should be more like fortified armor stating that the effect only works when the effect allows a save

Symbol of the Dragon - This lists as level 3+, but is only priced at 13+

Rog of Baleful Geas - Lists as 11+ but min level is 12. The power is very very strong for the cost. As a free action without limitations it can be used even on opponents turns. It should probably be a minor action?

Bracers of Escape - Level 7 version is nice, higher level versions cost a lot more for a fairly small increase in benefit (not sure how this might be fixed)

Eyes of the Dragon - This item is very similar to the Ioun stone of true sight, but it's five levels lower. Maybe this should be in the level 26 range?

Ring of Draconic Zeal - A free action with no restrictions is strong, not quite sure how this can be fully exploited with a basic attack, but I'm betting there are some strong combos with this item. Perhaps limit its use to after an attack to limit it?

Ring of the Ghost Night - The attack bonus seems too high.

Flask of the Dragon Breath - The attack needs to state what defense it attacks (Reflex?) Again the attack bonus seems high.

Dragon continues to impress. They can't even blame the publisher for not knowing the game since it's themselves and not Paizo.

Mengu

First Post

I noticed one more:

Orb of Fiery Condemnation - says Level 5+, but starts at level 15.

Since you can use a free action on someone else's turn, this may cause some funky interactions too, especially when it triggers other interruptions, or if it triggers some of your own abilities such as pact boons. It would be much cleaner as a Minor action. Maybe lower the level to 16 or something, it would still be a very nice ring to have.

Seeker_of_Truth

First Post
I noticed one more:
Good catch ... added
Since you can use a free action on someone else's turn, this may cause some funky interactions too, especially when it triggers other interruptions, or if it triggers some of your own abilities such as pact boons. It would be much cleaner as a Minor action. Maybe lower the level to 16 or something, it would still be a very nice ring to have.

I agree 100%

Xyl

First Post

Errata suggestions

Flask of the Dragon Breath - The attack needs to state what defense it attacks (Reflex?) Again the attack bonus seems high.
Flask of the Dragon Breath needs to say what type of action it is to make the attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads