• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Trouserfang Dwarf

Fralex

Explorer
Well, somebody's gotta rescue all the stupidest build threads, so I guess this falls to me.
Originally posted by chrisasmadi:

Posted a while back on the old forum, due to various reasons(GCSEs and going on holiday), I never actually got around to moving this to the new boards. Thus, I present this to you, the CO board...

The Trouserfang Dwarf
Also known as 'Snakes on a Dwarf'
Original Build by ChrisAsmadi and DragonChild_
Additons made by ChrisAsmadi

Part 1: The Components

Poison Healer(HotA) - this feat allows you to heal your Con mod in hp each time you make a fortitude save vs poison.

Resistance to Poison's effects - to gain the full effect of this plan, you require a method to either negate the ability damage caused by the saves you DO fail, or simply not fail. The following methods work:
-Strongheart Vest(MoI): This reduces ability damage by the ammount of essentia invested +1, and thus, if five essentia is invested(via various methods), it can render one immune to the full effects of the poison.
-Steadfast Determination(PHB2): Don't fail fort saves. 'nuf said.
-Knight 20(PHB2): More not failing of fort saves.

Fort Save +9 - to reliably hit the save DC of a Tiny Viper's method.

Part 2: The Plan

a) Dwarven Incarnate 3
Relevant Stats: Con 18
Relevant Soulmelds: Strongheart Vest with 2 invested essentia.
Feats: Great Fortitude, Poison Healer
Fort Save vs Poison: +3(base) +4(con) +2(feat) +2(racial) = +11

b) Buy a large amount of Tiny Vipers and stuff them down your pants. Each time one bites you, you have a 19 in 20 of gaining 4 hp, or a 1 in 20 chance of being poisoned, which should be reduced by your soulmeld. Later on, this can be reduced to a full 100% chance of being healed.

c) ???

d) Profit!

Sources:
Hordes of the Abyss
Magic of Incarnum
Player's Handbook 2

Also, suggestions of other methods to reduce the ability damage or not fail on a one would be appreciated.

Remove ads