The Ultimate Dungeon

Camelot

Adventurer
You awaken.

You're in a room, stone all around. The first feeling you get is that of being trapped. Nowhere to go. Torches light the room, nailed to the stone walls. It's cold, too. Why are you here, you wonder. When this question pops into your head, you realize there are hundreds more questions you have too. Where are you? Not only that, but who are you? It dawns on you that you have no idea who you are! You look around the room and realize there are several others there too. They look just as confused as you are. You look at them, and at yourself, trying to find an identity you are familiar with.

A noble eladrin man, of fair height, garbed in the hides of a woolen beast. A long quarterstaff is attached to his belt, along with a dusty book with yellowing pages. Even in this dark dungeon room, nature still finds its way to the eladrin in the form of moss or insects.

A young githyanki, a teenage girl barely fifteen, but with the hardened look of an elder who has been through much. An enormous greataxe is strapped to her shoulders, but at the same time a lute, with soft and pleasant features, is hanging at her side.

A tiefling woman, with the face of a devil and the eyes of a dragon, garbed in leather, holding a threatening longspear. She seems somewhat distracted, but really she is merely aware of more presence in the room than you would expect.

An elf, muscular not only for an elf, but for a girl, yet she still retains the aura of an elven agility. She has two scourges sheathed at her sides, and wears hide like the eladrin's. She, too, is young, but looks more childlike and feminine than the githyanki. She has a large backpack and a heavy coin sack.

A massive minotaur, nearly seven and a half feet tall, wielding two brutish battleaxes that barely fit in his hands. He wears hide, but less of it, showing his enormous muscles. He seems sturdy, but also manuverable.

You look at these others, and you look at yourself, without the slightest hint of who you or they are. But you know, somewhere, that you are all in this together, and that you must find a way out.

Then you notice the door.

An ominous wooden door, very simple, yet brimming with mystery. The only way out, it could lead to freedom, or certain doom. The handle seems to mock you, "Open me and you die a quick and painful death, keep me closed and you die a slow and empty one." But maybe not, you think. Maybe you can fight your way out, sneak your way out, shove your way out, blast your way out, guide to the way out, wile your way out. It all depends on how you go about it. What do you do?

Rathan

First Post
The tiefling looks about from one face to another in rapid succession. Her glowing violet eyes glisten softly in the torchlight as she keeps her spear clutched to the ready in case anyone or any'thing' made even the slightest move to her. For some reason she felt some primal pull the guided her to the heightened perception something was very wrong here. Everything was a haze and she has all she could do not to shiver from the dank cold of the underground cavern that left a moist and frigid cold sensation up ones spine. She tried to calm her breathing as not to alarm those about her that she was definitely very jumpy, and worse yet, cornered and scared.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The eladrin doesn't stand, but instead sits up, cross-legged, with his staff across his lap. His stern eyes fall over the rest of those in the room, almost glaring. He feels a beast inside of him, urging him to either leap at their throats or prowl away, but he curiosity overcomes him for the moment. So, he sits. And watches. Waiting.

nerdytenor

First Post
The elven girl looks around, fearful at first from her loss of memory and the close proximity of some other very dangerous looking beings. Her fear begins to fade as she notices that the others appear to be suffering from the same mental malady. The scourges at her side provide added comfort.

"Is... is this a test?" she asks. "What... what are we doing here?" She stands up quickly, and then takes a slow step backwards to make sure no one mistakes her motion as a threat. Standing up seems to give her some comfort.

"Does anyone know what's going on?" She looks at each face in turn, but suspects the answer will be no.

Rathan

First Post
The tiefling despite having a demonic appeal to her features actually was rather good looking... or at least good looking as one got in a prison she shot her head in the direction of the elven woman speaking and for the first time sense waking actually focused on one thing for more the a mere moment... the elven woman's voice.

I have no clue where we are.... where we were.. even who you are let alone who *I* am.... but I DO know where I WANT to be and that is NOT here.. lets find a way out and quick something inside of me pulls to the feral nature of the spirits and it's tearing my insides apart.. I feel as if there is a bear within me trying to rip it's way to the surface and... the tiefling stops taking a moment as if in deep thought and shakes her horned head softly.. I just need to escape.. who's with me? she asks....

The minotaur grunts loudly as he stands up, and does a series of stretches to unkink his muscles after sleeping on the floor. After that he snorts and picks up the matched pair of battle axes, giving them a few test swings as if testing thier wieght and balance. Finally he turns his attention to the others. His scarred face is set in something of a distaineful sneer and he says, I don't know what is happening here, but the Tiefling is right. We should move. Even if we can't remeber anything, there is one thing i know, we all want to live. That means working together.

Redclaw

First Post
Shaking the cobwebs from her mind, the Githyanki girl vaults to her feet, energy and agitation evident in her every movement. Pacing like a caged jungle cat she covers the perimeter of the room in mere seconds, prowling, as if searching for another exit. Eyes full of suspicion and distress size up the other inhabitants of the room, yet something stronger and desperate for a reason to trust them seems to hide underneath. The astute among them might even notice her careful protection of the stringed instrument at her hip. Clearly there is more to the girl than she wants to let on.

Rathan

First Post
do we have a master of traps and locks among us?... someone who knows of their workings at least that could check the door?... I.... I don't really feel like dying today... if the door is in fact trapped that is... it's such an obvious exit.. something must be.... the tiefling stopped talking as if to stop ginxing herself in uttering foolish words of 'what if's'...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The eladrin man plants the end of his staff on the ground, and then pulls himself up by it. Standing, he nods slightly, once, the stern glare still on his face. "Very well. We shall work together." Taking a few short, fluid strides he is next to the door. He throws the door a cursory glance, not even deigning to stoop to inspect it with his full attention, then declares, "I do not see any traps. What are we waiting for, then?"
[sblock=Perception]Perception to search the door for traps (1d20+8=10). Hmm ... someone else want to give it a shot? ;)[/sblock]

The minotaur stalks over to were the eladrin is standing, Feh! I know nothing of traps and locks, but if you need something dead, or hunted... he flashs that sneering grin again as he raises one of his axes. These are things I know.

Remove ads