The Ultimate Dungeon

Camelot

Adventurer
Xuxgu cringes from the poison, but also feels the beneficial effects of Sek's healing power.[sblock=Ongoing Damage and Regeneration]Xuxgu takes 5 ongoing poison damage, but regains 2 hp from regeneration, resulting in 8 remaining hp.[/sblock]He then strikes at the scorpion for the last time, as he kills it with an accurate blow to the head. Xuxgu then tears off the foul claw that had been grabbing him. He squeezes his eyes shut with pain as the poison continues its work.[sblock=Saving Throw]Xuxgu makes a saving throw against the scorpion's poison: 3, a failure.[/sblock]Buna slinks closer to the spirit and then lashes out at the kobold with great strength, but unfortunately not so great accuracy. The kobold dodges both scourges easily, since Buna fumbles as she is trying to shift, but can't help paying much closer attention to Buna.[sblock=Attack and Damage]The attack rolls equaled 7 and 9, meaning the first one was a fumble. But on the bright side, you got 10 and 9 damage! Still, you grant combat advantage until the start of your next turn.[/sblock]The crawling claw crawls over to Sekoqa and scratches him, though the deva has so much protection around him that he doesn't feel a thing.[sblock=Damage]Sekoqa loses 2 temporary hp, but still has 1 remaining.[/sblock]Sekoqa retaliates with a piercing strike, finally stabbing the claw and ending its undeath. Leaping into action, Sekoqa hurls his shuriken at the kobold. It whizzes past Buna's head, and due to Sekoqa's knowledge from a past life, nails the kobold on the noggin, killing the last monster in the room.[sblock=Attack]Sekoqa uses Piercing Strike on the claw and hits, then spends an action point to attack the kobold with Deft Strike, it misses with 13, but then Sekoqa uses Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to add 5 to the attack roll, and thus the attack hits, deals 7 damage, and kills the kobold.[/sblock][sblock=Conclusion]Everyone gets 100 XP! Also, you can now take a short rest, spending as many healing surges as you want to regain lost hit points. You each regain your expended encounter powers, and when you are ready, you may open the door across the room.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Sek spends one... no two healing surges as she moves to seemingly pet the scruffy mane of her spirit bear as it dissipates into nothingness

Ok.. well that was fun..... everyone ok?" the tiefling asks softly....

nerdytenor

First Post
"That... that was amazing!" Buna exclaims, looking down at her own hands and at the party in amazement.

OOC: Spend two surges to heal to full.

[sblock=Buna Stat Block]
Buna, Elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 14, Will 12
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 10/12
Speed 7, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Encounter Resources
Spinning Sweep
Elven Accuracy
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Tempest Dance
[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
"easy for you to say my large friend... YOU weren't keeping everyone alive for most of that fight.." the more than exhausted teifling exclaimed...

nerdytenor

First Post
"I am just as amazed with everyone else as with myself. And how did you - what exactly is..." Buna struggles for a word to describe the tiefling's spirit companion, motioning towards the spot where it disappeared

Rathan

First Post
Sek gave a very unknowing shrug..... she had less of a clue than Buna did on how she was able to do that.... let alone control it.... "You guess is as good if not better then mine actually.. I just told it what to do with my mind and it did it... I'm not sure how I knew what to make it do either.. something tells me I know more than I'm supposed to.... or else I've forgotten a lot I'm supposed to know.... uttered the tiefling.... her voice was fare but her mind as also sharp as a tack... which is why this spirit companion thing had her so perplexed.....

Camelot

Adventurer
Sekoqa flops to the ground as soon as he is sure that the kobold is dead. "Dear heaven," he whispers. "That was worst than the last." He stands up nervously, shaking from the shock of battle. Then he decides better of it and sits back down. "I can't thank you enough for your help," he says to the other five. "I wish I could answer some of your questions, but I am just as confused as you are. Maybe-" He is suddenly cut off in the middle of his sentence. The dead bodies of the monsters and all their possessions, even their blood splattered on the ground, suddenly vanishes, transforming into silver matter and simply disappearing. Sekoqa looks aghast, trying to search for the words to describe the eerie experience.

The door on the other side of the room looms ominously, beckoning with a tone of mockery to the newly acquainted companions.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The black wolf sits back on its haunches, then, slowly, accompanied by copious popping sounds, becomes Wil once again. He has a very perplexed look on his face, as he sits there on the floor with his staff across his lap. He opens his mouth as if to say something, but closes it without making a sound.

He still looks perplexed.
[sblock=OOC]^ I imagine turning into a wolf would be a little unsettling, not to mention ... confusing, haha.

Anyway, Wil isn't going to spend any surges - if I recall correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong!) he's at 25/28, so it's not worth burning a surge.

Good job, everyone![/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=Current HP and HS]Buna: 27/27 hp, 10/12 hs
Sek: 29/29 hp, 9/10 hs (your hs value is 7, and you were at 22 hp, so you only needed to spend 1 to get to full)
Sekoqa: 23/23 hp, 6/6 hs
Xuxgu: 8/29 hp, 6/7 hs
Nyjry: 15/29 hp, 8/10 hs
Wil: 25/28 hp, 10/10 hs

Xuxgu is bloodied and Nyjry is almost bloodied. Do either of you want to spend healing surges?[/sblock]After resting, the group decides to head onward.

The next room is silent, and eeirily empty. No one notices anything suspicious, but it looks similar to what the room you just left looked like after the battle. Apparently, everything disappears when it dies. You begin to wonder what would happen to you if you were to perish. Then, the group notices a shrivelled piece of wood on the ground. It is a magic wand. A magic user must have dropped it before dying.

Upon closer inspection, the wand is a +1 Hellfire Wand.

+1 Hellfire Wand Level 3 Magic Implement
680 gp Implement: Wand
Enhancement: +1 to attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d8 fire damage
Property: Gain a +1 item bonus to damage rolls when you use this wand to attack with a power that has the fire and implement keywords.
Power (Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Implement): Standard Action. As the warlock's hellish rebuke power.

To the group, unfortunately, the wand is useless, for there are no practicers of arcana with you. So, you decide to take it just in case (you all have a strange feeling that you can get something from it) and continue to the next door.

This door is not a plain wooden door like the others you've seen. It is adorned with black leather across the door and the frame has intricate carvings all around it. At the top, a skull is embedded into the wall. It has rubies for eyes and seems to be grinning down at you, mocking the fact that you are trapped in this dungeon.

When you try to open the door, you find that it is locked. Suddenly, you hear cackling. You look up, and to your horror, the skull is looking down at you and laughing! "Nice try," it says after it recovers from its laughing fit. "My master put a spell on this door so that only I can open it! And I don't feel like it." The skull glances behind you at the empty room. "The last group that came here wasn't as lucky as you six. They had to face monsters. They couldn't handle it. Ahahahaha!" The skull practically cries from laughter, if it had tear ducts. "So unless you can change my mind, you're all staying right here until some more monsters come along to eat you up!"

Remove ads