• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ultimate NPC book?

zyzzyr

First Post
Hi,

There was much talk about the "ultimate" NPC "bible" being released now that 3rd party publishers are given access.

Has this happened? What is the "best" NPC accessory out there? I'm talking villains, barmaids, merchants, government, adventurers, reluctant monster heroes, city guards, bandit leaders, heroic outlaws ... everyone.

Is this all in one book? Are there several books that, when put together, add up to this?

I see a few books kicking around (ENPublishing's "Everyone Else" , e.g.)

Anything else?

zyzzyr

Crothian

First Post
Everyone else is a very good book, but it does focus on the mundane NPC. Green Ronin has a very good Freeport book that has a good amount of very interesting NPCs in it.

Psion

Adventurer
There are a lot of good stabs at NPC books out there including Uncommon Character, Denizens of Freeport, and so forth. But I think one of my favorites from the ENnies batch is 1000 Faces: Volume I (which is actually about 250 faces...) It seemed to me to have the most usable variety of characters; some of the other collections seemed to have too many odd and strange characters for me to really use.

Another nice selection for the price is the net book of NPCs, which is free.

Remove ads