• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The Ultimate PHBI4e Warforged Poll

Do you want warforged in 4e's PHB1, as a player race?

green slime

First Post
Wormwood said:
Agreed. If they're balanced against other races, I can't think of a reason not to let them into the PHB.

Broadening the scope of the PHB beyond the Tolkien races* is long overdue. Lizardmen and minotaurs and tieflings and dragon-men and gargoyles and whatever the hell else could fit.

Hear hear!!

Moorcrys

Explorer
While I don't have any complaints against expanding beyond the Tolkien standard... the warforged is definitely not the direction I'm interested in seeing such an expansion going. I think the PHB should be about a standard mix of races and classes, with future supplements getting into more niche areas. I love the hexblade and would love to see it dealt with in 4e... but not in the Player's Handbook.

The warforged race has a lot to do with exceptions to the rules in my opinion, with armor, with how they handle effects, etc. Lets set the rules in the PHB with a standard core group of classes and races that explore that and then add races and classes that bend or break them later. :p

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Next Status Update

21/50/27/173/20.

The Pro-WF camp is still in the minority, and the haters have nearly caught up with the lovers. It makes me think that warforged stand no chance to be included into the PHB.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Kae'Yoss said:
21/50/27/173/20.

The Pro-WF camp is still in the minority, and the haters have nearly caught up with the lovers. It makes me think that warforged stand no chance to be included into the PHB.

Only if the WotC is designing 4e with online polls in mind.

A prospect which is utterly terrifying.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I voted "Not in the PHB" but really, I don't care if they're in the PHB. I, however, do care if they're in the SRD. They don't belong there. The SRD is for 3rd party companies to make general fantasy games based on the PHB. If WF are declared PI, I'm a happy camper. They work for the Eb; they are not generic fantasy and do not belong in a generic fantasy game.

Pale

First Post
Danzauker said:
Well, Full Metal Alchemist.

That said, I guess the border between sci-fi and fantasy is in good measure dependant on the eye of the beholder.

Star Wars might be technically sci-fi, but in my eye (and many others') it's always been more akin to a fantasy saga...

Star Wars has generally been referred to as "Science Fantasy" in the circles I've traveled in.

Remove ads