The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
"I might be able to get us past them," Mellisande pipes up. "Buuuut...probably better see if it'll work on them before we try it."

She looks at the others thoughtfully.

"Who here runs the fastest?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mellisande feels confident that her illusion spells will effect the golems. Something about her innate understanding of the golems and confidence of her magical abilities clicks together.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos frowns at Myconid and slowly shakes his head. He places his hand on one of their shoulders.

"We appreciate your willingness to sacrifice yourself to propel us another step towards our goal but we will not allow you to do it. I will not allow you to do such a thing." He looks over at the gnome Mellisande. "Unless one of the others has hidden talents then I am probably the quickest. And I can burrow into the ground. When I take on the form of the lizard-beast I can run quite speedily or fly when I take the shape of the winged-lizard. Would any of that work for your plan?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande blinks, then laughs, waving Arkos' offer off. "I was only joking," she insists. "Of course my spells will work. Everyone gather close."

She scuffs a circle in the dirt roughly ten feet around, then stands in the center.

"You have to be no farther than this from me, or they'll see you. And don't attack or do anything really super obvious. The golems wouldn't normally notice things like little footprints or dust plumes, but if it's too much it might flip them into fight mode."

The tiny woman beams happily. "But otherwise we can just walk right in. Should be a snap."

(OOC - Plan: Invisibility Sphere and Zone of Silence for instant stealth, still allowing us to communicate with each other. :))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Myconid accepts Arkos' decision, but says humbly. "You are the creator. Myconid's life is yours to do what you wish."

The heroes decide to leave their guides behind. The two mushroom men walk too slowly and clumsily; making them unsuited for stealth. Mellisande has her comrades bunch closely together as she casts a field of invisibility over herself and them. Murmurs and side comments are then stifled as another spell of silence is brought over the group. Staying close to Mellisande, the party shuffles quietly past the two patrolling guardians without incident and notice.

However, a new quandry takes place as the party reaches the double doors to the facility. There is a set of heavily linked and thick metal chains looped several times through the sliding door handles. These chains are attached to a heavy, steel lock. The party is unable to hear each other (although those under the invisibility sphere can see each other) in order to coordinate who will take care of the obstacle, so whoever elects to do so would have to use visual cues to do so. Most spellcasting is also now impossible because of the zone of silence.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry, just piping in; the Zone of Silence is not the same as Silence. :) Specifically, we -can- talk to each other and hear normally. The sounds we make though will not be heard outside of a 5' radius around Mellisande. It's a 4rth level Bard spell in the SRD, but a 3rd level Beguiler spell.)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I am afraid I am of no use here friends. The acid arrow wand might work to melt it, but it would take some time to work I fear."

OOC: I am back :) Hopefully Fenris will be back today or tomorrow. We'll both work on getting our characters updated today / tomorrow too to get caught up. Sorry for the super long delay!!

Remove ads