The Unit (Season 4)

Goodsport

Explorer
Last Sunday's episode had the Unit members taking along the clueless Department of Defense official that had previously sent them on a wild goose chase for an anthrax lab (and cost them an injured Grey) with them to rescue an African head of state from being overrun by rebels.

Meanwhile, Grey fell in love with an AeroDyne client who turned out not to be who she initially appeared and Kim was finally reunited with her children, albeit for only a short while.

Next week: a repeat episode from last season, but the following week's new episode (Sunday, 1/4/09) has Jonas Blaine playing a game of baccarat to win back the services of a CIA agent who went to the other side and to get court-martial charges against Redcap dismissed.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Last Sunday's episode had the Unit members in Macau, China, assisting the CIA agent who previously (temporarily) recruited Brown into agency in reacquiring another CIA agent who decided to go over to the Chinese. In return for their help, the members forced the agent they were assisting to drop all court martial charges against Redcap (who was also there in the mission).

The mission involved a card game and breaking into the Chinese general's (who hosted the poker game) safety deposit box. While the mission ended successfully, Bob Brown now seems to be addicted to heroin after having it injected into him repeatedly by a Chinese interrogator, though at the moment only he and Redcap know about his new addiction. :(

Meanwhile, Kim Brown helped Colonel Ryan by convincing the captured Isaac Reed to reveal more about the terrorists who instigated the assassinations in the season premiere - an ex-KGB agent was revealed to be involved. Ryan also vowed that Leon Drake (the "FBI" agent Bob was interrogated by in Las Vegas earlier) would be brought into custody to help locate the agent.

Next week: on a mission (it wasn't revealed where in the preview), an injured Mack is taken by The Unit to a local monastery, after which the order is given (the reason was unrevealed) to take the spear that pierced the side of Christ from the monastery.

-G

Darkwolf71

First Post
I seemed to get the impression that Mack recieved some relief of pain by the spear or it's presence. I won't go so far as to say 'healing' but It's an interesting subject for The Unit. Won't say good or bad before seeing it as it would require a huge assumption on my part, but it does concern me. OTOH, the writers have yet to really let me down, so I'm sure it will be a good episode.

Goodsport

Explorer
I seemed to get the impression that Mack recieved some relief of pain by the spear or it's presence. I won't go so far as to say 'healing' but It's an interesting subject for The Unit. Won't say good or bad before seeing it as it would require a huge assumption on my part, but it does concern me. OTOH, the writers have yet to really let me down, so I'm sure it will be a good episode.

It'll also be interesting to see how, or even if, acquiring the spear somehow fits into the plans to foil the terrorists the Unit has been hunting all season thur far. :)

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
The season resumes with a new episode tomorrow (Sunday, 2/15/09). :)

I can't believe it took me over a week to finally find the time to watch the episode off of my HD-DVR. :eek:

Anyway, a pretty good episode with the President (who was the then President-elect in the season premiere) sending the Unit on a mission to apprehend a Nazi war criminal from hiding in Switzerland and deliver him to trial at The Hague without letting him get killed by a group of private bounty hunters, Carson returned and tried to buy Aerodyne Alliance, and an offer for a promotion in rank to general caused Colonel Ryan to face some past issues.

There was no preview for the next episode, so one won't likely air next week.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Yesterday's episode had the Unit initiate new team member Staff Sergeant Sam McBride in Los Angeles through his final training exercise, testing both his physical skills and his loyalty to the team. Afterward, with the help of Redcap's surveillance, the Unit traveled to Manila to apprehend and/or kill the Lebanese assassin who killed Hector last season.

Meanwhile, the Army sent Betsy on a media tour and Jonas was assigned to coach her on the kidnapping/rescue cover story so as to deny that she (and by extension, the Unit) had ever crossed into Syria. Despite claiming that she then wanted to go back to Iraq afterward, Molly had major concerns when she noticed Betsy exhibiting signs of post-traumatic stress disorder at home, though in the end Betsy pulled through the interview fine.

Next week: the Unit apparently deals with poison gas that's released into the air in the town where they're currently staying.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
I finally got the chance to watch last Sunday's episode off of the HD-DVR.

The Unit and their families were scattered around their community when chlorine gas leaked into the water system, poisoning everyone outside and cutting off communication with the outside world.

Tiffy, who was supervising detention at the school, managed to seal off the classroom and protect the students with her. Grey was on the road but secures a number of other drivers in the back of a closed refrigerator truck. Mack, his kids, Molly, Kim and Bob quickly made it back to their apartment building where they aided other residents to safety. Mack and Bob later found a neighbor's scuba equipment and used it to make it to the Aerodyne offices where they found Jonas and Sam, both of whom were the only ones with outside communication

They eventually located the water plant where the chlorine gas was inserted into the system, took down the apparent terrorists there and shut off the release of the poison. Colonel Ryan later informed the Unit members and their families that the incident appeared to be a test run from the terrorist group they'd been investingating since the season premiere and that they'd be relocated, with Bob and Kim to be reunited with their children.

Next week: the Unit fights to rescue Jonas's old friend even with a broken helicopter gas tank and nearby guerillas impeding the mission. Also, Colonel Ryan goes to extreme measures to extract information from a recovering alcoholic whose husband may have been behind a terrorist attack.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Sunday's episode (Dennis Haysbert's directorial debut, no less) had the Unit members helping an injured coup leader (trained by Jonas Blaine years earlier) and his now-grown argumentative son in South America while trying to repair their damaged helicopter in time before local fascist troops closed in on them. The coup leader eventually sacrificed his life to make sure everyone else got out safe, after which Blaine agreed to help train the son to help exact revenge on his father's killers.

Meanwhile, Colonel Ryan exploited the alcoholic wife of the art dealer / suspected terrorist conspirator from earlier this season who had since ran away to find clues to his whereabouts, much to Molly's dismay.

Also, Kim convinced Tiffy that Tiffy does indeed love Mack, and Grey finally proposed marriage to Joss.

Next week: the Unit inadvertently get federal agents killed while hijacking a truck, Joss gets upset when she finds out that she's being looked into, and Redcap is disturbed when a seemingly-drunk Sam comes on strong to her.

-G

Remove ads