The Unit (Season 4)

Darkwolf71

First Post
In the end, they were able to obtain the plutonium but couldn't save the girls.
Yep. That's gonna come back and bite Jonas in the butt. I was ready to get very angry with the writters about the Tiffy thing. Enough with the sex sub-plots for her! Glad they didn't drag it out all season or something. (Assuming it's over with, and I hope it is.)

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
What I don't understand is what the wives are doing in the middle of some kind of mission. Apparently they're undercover, but on what grounds would the wives ever be approved for that kind of work (ESPECIALLY TiffY!)?

Darkwolf71

First Post
Did you miss the season opener?

Basiclly the Unit's cover was blown and video tapes of all of the families were found in an assassins hotel room, or something along those lines. So new identities were made and they were moved.

They aren't 'working' undercover, they are 'hiding' undercover.

Goodsport

Explorer
A pretty good episode this week involving Bob, Jonas and Grey posing as university chemists to infiltrate a Columbian drug cartel that wanted the "chemists" to fuse cocaine into airline paint, with the painted planes then flying into the U.S. so that the paint could then be stripped and the cocaine extrapolated. They succeeded in fusing the cocaine into the paint, but then destroyed the evidence and captured one of the cartel's leaders in the firefight during the escape from the compound.

Meanwhile, Mack posed as an Australian cockfighter in Columbia to get close to one of the other of the cartel's leaders, eventually succeeding in capturing him as well.

However, the extractions ultimately failed because the leader the trio had caught got fatally shot during the escape, while Colonel Ryan couldn't get the proper senatorial signature in time before the submarine that was to pick up Mack and his captured cartel leader aborted the pick up, forcing Mack to discreetly kill the leader and abandon him in the vehicle on the beach.

Also, the wives barely fended off Lissy's school principal when she got too close to discovering and exposing Lissy's and her mother's true identities.

Next week: the wives are apparently somehow given an official mission.

-G

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
This week's episode had the wives and Jonas go undercover to retrieve intel on suspected members of the community they've been hiding in.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Unit extracted the family of the bedridden radiation expert that was rescued by the Unit from the airplane hijackers a few episodes ago (and who helped them during their mission in Kosovo soon afterward), who were unknowingly held hostage at a Mexican resort by the terrorists that the expert was working for. Successfully extracting the family led to the expert revealing the location of the poison water filtration system that was to be used for a reservoir somewhere in the U.S., but thankfully was stopped in time.

Next week: Mack confronts Tiffy about her infidelity while the rest of the Unit searches for a bomb.

-G

Silver Moon

Adventurer
The Mack/Tiffy/Col. Ryan triangle will not end well.

That's what I said after Episode 1 of Season 1. It was also the aspect of the show I found most unbelievable, that a C.O. would have an affair with the wife of an elite soldier in his command. I then spoke to a few ex-Navy buddies of mine and both said that things like that actually happen all the time.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
What I actually find very poignant about the Mack/Tiffy relationship is that they don't really seem to want to hurt one another. They just can't seem to help it.

Remove ads