• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E The Universal Dragon, 2nd Edition

Kaodi

Hero
The subject of colour coded dragons came up in the General RPG forum and as I had made a "universal dragon" for PF1 I decided to see if I could quickly whip one up for PF2. The dragons in the Bestiary are a bit of a hodgepodge and I do not have any guidelines for monster creation so I did my best to guesstimate good proficiency bonuses. The only addition I made which is a bit of a departure from the standard rules is that I gave my adult dragon resistance 10 to both bludgeoning and slashing damage for those armour-like scales. That could easily be dropped though, and they could be given damage immunity based on their breath weapon instead.

The Universal Dragon 2nd Edition, Creature 12
N Huge Amphibious Dragon
Perception +24; darkvision, scent (imprecise) 60 feet
Languages Common, Draconic, Jotun, Sylvan
Skills Acrobatics +20, Arcana +18, Athletics +27, Intimidation +25, Nature +18, Stealth +16, Survival +20
Str +7, Dex +2, Con +5, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +5

AC 32, Fort +25, Ref +16, Will +24; +1 status to all saves vs. magic
HP 250; Immunities paralyzed, sleep; Resistances bludgeoning 10, slashing 10
Frightful Presence (aura, emotion, fear, mental) 90 feet, DC 31
Twisting Tail < Trigger A creature within reach of the dragon’s tail uses a move action or leaves a square during a move action it’s using. Effect The dragon makes a tail Strike at the creature with a –2 penalty. If it hits, the dragon disrupts the creature’s action.

Speed 40 feet, fly 160 feet, swim 40 feet
Melee > jaws +27 (magical, poison, reach 15 feet), Damage 3d10+13 piercing plus 3d4 poison
Melee > claw +27 (agile, magical, reach 10 feet), Damage 3d8+13 slashing
Melee > tail +25 (magical, reach 20 feet), Damage 3d8+11 bludgeoning
Melee > horn +25 (magical, reach 15 feet), Damage 2d8+11 piercing
Arcane Innate Spells DC 32; 4th suggestion; 2nd obscuring mist (at will); 1st charm (at will); Cantrips (6th) detect magic
Breath Weapon >> (arcane, evocation) varies (DC 33) It can't use Breath Weapon again for 1d4 rounds.
Draconic Frenzy >> The dragon makes two claw Strikes and one horn Strike in any order.
Draconic Momentum The dragon recharges its Breath Weapon whenever it scores a critical hit with a Strike.

Breath Weapons (choose one)
(fire) The dragon breathes fire in an 80-foot line that deals 12d6 fire damage, Reflex
(electricity) The dragon breathes lightning in a 80-foot line that deals 12d6 electricity damage, Reflex
(acid) The dragon breathes acid in a 80-foot line that deals 12d6 acid damage, Reflex
(fire) The dragon breathes a blast of flame in a 50-foot cone that deals 12d6 fire damage, Reflex
(cold) The dragon breathes a cloud of frost in a 50-foot cone that deals 12d6 cold damage, Reflex
(poison) The dragon breathes a toxic cloud in a 50-foot cone that deals 12d6 poison damage, Fortitude

Last edited:

Remove ads