• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Healing and Gathering

San-Bolo coordinate their healing effort upon Bolo since Sannit is in better shape and using the aide of the collected witch hazel bark. It only requires one attempt per person to bring both to full health.

Sheldon and Indigo coordinate their efforts upon Indigo also using a measure of the collected witch hazel bark. Again, it only requires one attempt to restore Indigo to full health.

Merin no longer needs to be in direct contact with a person to attempt to restore his health but it is now more of a habit. Mern and Tor coordinate their effort to restore Tor. They are able to do so with one attempt without the aide of an herb.

GM: Each character receives 24 XP for the encounter.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
As they are searching and gathering equipment Sannit says, "If we can determine what was the hunters and what was the ambushers we should keep it separated in case anyone close to the hunters wants some of their things."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: After some discussion as to what to do about the remaining Shimadow, it was finalized that while the Southroad Seekers may in fact be a mercenary unit, hired to protect what they feel is right and just, they are not nor plan to become butchers. The survivors were left to live another day after being divested of wealth and collectables. The bodies were searched and then compiled into three different pyres to be consumed along with the assassin and the 4 Southroad Fair hunters.

After collecting the goods, it becomes rather obvious what originally belonged to the hunters. These items are tethered together for return. Of the bone and stone weaponry from the others, 4 flint kukris, 45 bone-headed arrows, and 17 flint-headed arrows are collected, along with several pouches of dried herbs, 12 dark orange tubers, and 16 various stones are kept

From the assassin is collected 2 steel kukris, his left hand (without having touched it), drawing of the brand (done by Merin), 3 pouches of dried herbs, 1 stoppered wooden vial, 4 gold Ansylin coins, 1 parchment with writing, 1 pair Laminar Deerskin Greaves, 1 Deerskin Belt, 2 silver earrings, 1 coral necklace.

The proficiency with which the group can manipulate way has improved to the point that the funeral pyres take very little time to accomplish their needed task and then be extinguished, safely. The group then departs eastward for a bit until returning to the spot where the deer carcass is still hanging. Though pigs have readily rooted the ground where the blood had dripped, the animal is still suspended and usable. Camp is made while the deer is prepared so the party has a chance to discuss any concerns while still more than 2 days from town.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
At some point when camp has settled down, Sannit says, "I'm sure it goes without saying that the only people I trust are listening to me right now. Unless someone is spying on us," he looks around at the dark trees with a grin and chuckles. "Anyway, Giodavi and the others at Southroad Fair have done nothing to earn our distrust, but I won't blindly follow either. Should we reveal everything we learned at the ambush or hold back some things and discreetly try to find out more? We know Giodavi's wife is gifted, which means others might be as well, and that might have shielded them from our ability to sense their motives. I don't mind being seen as paranoid if it keeps us safe."

GM: +1 XP for Sannit

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says, "I think Giodavi might have a less-than-perfect past, and perhaps his share of enemies. But it is my gut feeling that he is a good man. Let's give him the chance to tell us about his past, and also to tell what he knows about the Shimadow. If he is forthcoming, then I say we trust him."

GM: +1 XP for Tor

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says,

"I don't think Giodavi is a bad sort; he might have run afoul of unsavory types, but let's not hold that against him. Everyone who tries to do the right thing, and who stands up to protect the weak and the innocent eventually runs afoul of those who hold such values in contempt. Take us, for example. It won't take long for word of our deeds here to spread. Whomever this Hunter's guildmaster is, will probably soon consider us an enemy, or at least a volatile, unknown quantity."

Merin pauses a moment before switching topics.

"I think we should start looking for semi-precious and precious minerals, such as quartz and obsidian. I want to experiment with making arrows that deliver elemental effects when they strike their target."

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Revan & Aust - Short Term Goals

Revan speaks her mind: "While on the subject of learning and acquiring tools, I think we should attempt to link telepathically using the way when we are walking in the wild, or perhaps in settlements. We are able to do this to heal to great effect. I do not like that we were set upon in surprise by this pale killers. It would be nice to have the ability as a group perhaps to even whisper short messages across some distances."

Aust replies, "So getting into my head isn't sufficient for you?"

Revan blushes, "I am hardly 'in your head'. And it's defensive. Acting as a group helped us here, but numbers gave us an advantage, not tactics. Several of us were hurt, you and I excluded by dumb luck. Some severely. It's all well and good to heal afterwards. We are fortunate in that regard. However, I'd like to know as early as the first person among us to see or hear danger such that we can act."

Silenced by Revan's admonition, Aust is a little surprised. ~She's coming around to being out here.~ "Well enough."

Aust nods and agrees. Revan looks to the others. "Not too much, I hope? I think it would be wise and helpful."

GM: +1 XP for Revan for coming up with an innovative idea.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Almost as an afterthought, Merin will examine the parchment with writing on it, which was taken from the Hunter.
What does it say?

OOC: Merin will attempt to read the scroll, and if it's in a language that he doesn't know, he will attempt to use Way to "translate" it.

GM: It doesn't 'say' anything. It's written therefor it reads. :p

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
After Revan finishes speaking San-Bolo share an intrigued look before Sannit nods at the suggestion. "Yeah, that would be a huge advantage. Communication is the hardest thing to maintain in combat." He rubs his chin. "I wonder what kind of range we could attain with that."

They turn their attention to the spoils of combat and Sannit holds up the greaves, "Someone should use these. Me and Bolo each have a pair and they help with more than just battle." Next the steel kukri's, still with small bits of their blood on the blade and handle. "If no one wants these Bolo and I will keep them." He holds up the dried herbs and they both put their minds to identifying what and how they are used. That only leaves the stoppered vial to deal with.

As per their routine they will end the night with training and resistance tests.

OOC: GM - would it be better for Bolo to use the kukri's as is, or could we have them reforged into axe blades for Sannit?

GM: The steel kukris possessed by the hired Shimadow Hunter are of the same quality as Sannit's current axes. They would be better than Bolo's knives.

Bolo sticks the kukri's in her belt and puts her old dirks in the group inventory for trade value.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says,

"We should be going soon. We need to get back to town, so that we can talk to Giodavi, as well as selling all of this extra equipment. Plus, we should try to sort out the stones and the herbs, and get an herbalist to tell us what's in the wooden vial. I think we should keep all of the arrowheads, since many of us have bows."

Merin nods in agreement.

Remove ads