The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sannit replies,"But we've already spread the impression among the town that we bring back good stuff and we've increased our value every time. From watching caravaners all my life I've come to know that the perception of wealth can be just as potent as actual wealth. I'm sure we can fund our own expeditions."
Sheldon nods in agreement.
Good point as always, my friend. Good point.

MacConnell

Day 39: Hunting for the Haunted Tree, Day 4

Despite being in the rainy season, the previous night was clear and calm. Everyone wakes well rested and refreshed. Camp is broken and the party is underway in short order. The land becomes more hilly through the day but the foliage remains the same. One rabbit is collected before breaking for lunch and one game bird afterward. The close of traveling brings the party to the pool of water that formerly held the water serpents whose skin now adorns various members of the Seekers.

falls-01.jpg

Turtle, remembering the pool, bails right in, happily chasing some new fish that have found their way into its depth. After camp is set, everyone goes about their usual evening tasks. The array for hunting follows northeast, due east, and southeast.

GM: No gold is detected. Only a trivial amount of tin, iron, nickel, and silver are detected, but one ingot of copper is located. No stones are detected but a shiny orange stone is located by chance.

[sblock=Hunting]Sheldon-Indigo: 126 + 96 + 64 = 286 + 62 = 348
Merin-Tor-Saemund: 175 + 21 = 196 + 43 = 239
San-Bolo-Turtle: 168 + 21 = 189 + 40 = 229[/sblock]
GM: The evening hunting trip produces 1 rabbit, 2 game bird, and by stroke of luck, 1 sheep. Merin, Tor, and Saemund return with 2 Ivory Beetle Carapaces. Sannit and Bolo return with 3 Ivory Beetle Carapaces. Also by stroke of luck, Indigo locates a measure of Leaves of Clarity, Bark of Restoration, and Bark of Fortification. Merin locates a measure of Soothe Leaf, 1 measure Soothe Bark, and 1 measure of Rage Bark. Bolo locates a measure of Mend Leaf, 1 measure of Mend Bark, and 1 measure of Soothe Bark.

OOC: New Collection:
1 Emerald Beetle Carapace
7 Ivory Beetle Carapaces
1 Mottled Brown Stone
1 Shiny Yellow Stone
1 Shiny Orange Stone
1 Iron Ingot
1 Copper Ingot
1 Silver Ingot
60 Bricks of Pork
1 Pig Hide 40%
50 Bricks of Mutton
1 Sheep Hide 30%

GM: Any other desired tasks at this location?

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund observes, attempting to learn how to detect the metals. He tries to "feel" for the metals in his axe, and detect the metals the group has already found.

OOC: Not sure how to check if i'm successful or not

MacConnell

Finding the Shiny Orange stone, Merin uses it as a focus, in an attempt to find more. (Where there's smoke, there's fire.) Tor will assist also.
[sblock=Detect Stone]Range = Cohesion + Will = 9 paces (~54' radius)
Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate + Aberrative + Academic + Theologic
Time = 52(Merin) + 98(Roll) + 42(Luck) - 0(Using Conduit, No Penalty) = 192: Instantaneous[/sblock]
GM: Merin is certain that there are no other rocks of that type in the area.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Saemund observes, attempting to learn how to detect the metals. He tries to "feel" for the metals in his axe, and detect the metals the group has already found.
[sblock=Detect Iron]Range = Cohesion + Will = 17 Strides (~21' radius)
Essence + Mind + Cohesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate
Time = 50(Saemund) + 40(Roll) - 0(Using Conduit, No Penalty) = 90: Instantaneous[/sblock]
[sblock=GM Tip]The best way for Saemund to improve this task is to increase the Collegiate Skill.[/sblock]
GM: Saemund is instantly aware that a trivial amount of Iron exist in the area but nothing collectible.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund begins to "feel" the iron in the earth. His eyes grow wide, surprised and in awe at the same time that he can "feel" metal in the earth. He looks around and begins to say something but then he realizes the quantity of metal nearby is not significant so he decides to keep quiet instead. Since they are about the same size, and probably fight in a similar fashion, Saemund seeks out Tor, 'How do I harness way to use in combat?

MacConnell

Since they are about the same size, and probably fight in a similar fashion, Saemund seeks out Tor, 'How do I harness way to use in combat?
GM: Technical Information:
I will allow Tor to expound in his own words as he chooses. For those who have the talent to notice way (every PC but not many NPCs) it's use is added to every combat action, technically, by the inclusion of the Collegiate Skill and all of its subsequent Skills learned, Aberrative, Academic, Theologic, etc. as follows:

Attack Melee = Core (Body + Essence + Mind) + Motility + Strength + Confluence + Knowledge + Felixibility + Might + Wisdom + Base (Collegiate + Combat + Commercial) + Aberrative + Academic + Theologic + Manifest Will + Ayurveda + Faith... + 1d100

Due to the laborious extent of the factors envolved, I, as GM, do all the calculations as I keep a data chart for all characters. Any player wishing to contribute his own random roll may post from any online randomizer. The other players generally leave this to me as well for speed of game play while they focus strickly on the role play.

I will often post GM Tips after the roll to indicate the best or easiest way for that character to improve that skill.

Saemund's current skill with his axe is 81. The best way to improve this skill is to spend experience in Combat. His current Combat is 7. The use of 7 XP brings this score to an 8.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo splash around with Turtle in the pool before hunting. Since this was where they found the first titanium, they do a search for it together along with the complementary minerals.

MacConnell

Since this was where they found the first titanium, San-Bolo do a search for it together along with the complementary minerals.
[sblock=Detect Titanium]Time = 100(San-Bolo) + 65(Roll) - 0(Using Conduit, No Penalty) = 165: Instantaneous[/sblock]
GM: Sannit and Bolo are instantly certain that there is no other titanium in the area.

Remove ads