The Unusual Heroes Reborn

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Ziona said:
Thank you for your interest in the story & for your praise!
Hopefully I will have the next installment of the story up tonight.

As Stan "The Man" might say, Stay Tuned True Believers! :D

Horacio stays tuned, waiting for the update ;)

denmstrsn

First Post
Kick @$$

Ziona
Just wanted to give a two thumbs up in the writing. It's as we're reliving the past. Can't wait to see what happens next
Dent

PaynAndispare

First Post
Must ... write ... faster *gasp*

I am loving it ... but keeping your audience waiting is killing me. Granted, I am in the campaign and know what happened but revisiting it like this is fun.

Venus

Ziona

First Post
Wandering The Maze

As the party made their way down the corridor, a peculiar noise could be heard coming from around the corner. Since Lox was unusually quiet, (after being rained on by acid and scolded by most of the party for his haste), everyone could hear it.

“Now what do you suppose that is,” asked Nuttin aloud.

Lox seemed to brighten at the question.
“There’s only one way to find out!”

Before he could get too far, Dent grabbed Lox by the scruff of the neck and halted his movement.

“Again, you are being hasty, my friend. You must learn to think before you act.”

The sad look returned to the halflings eyes. “Yes, Dent.”

The party continued forward slowly, and Venus worked his way ahead of Lox and Dent, making his way around the corner.

“Dent is right,” began Venus. “You should allow a more experienced adventurer such as myself walk at the front of the line. With my scimitar at my side, I shall be safer than you with your dexterous digits, little one.”

Just then, Lox’s mouth gaped open, and one of his ‘dexterous digits’ pointed forward.

“Now don’t try to argue,” Venus started to say.

“Behind you!” cried Prynne.

Venus turned the corner to see a nine-foot-tall statue walking away from it’s three-foot-high pedestal in the middle of the room. On it’s face was a look of utter disdain and contempt.

“You see!” called Venus excitedly as he ran up to the attacking statue. As he attacked he cried out in an angry battle call.

“Whoa…” whispered the startled Lox. He slowly backed against the wall to watch the show.

Meanwhile, Dent, Prynne, and Belasco entered the wide open room and began attacking the stone golem as well. Belasco scored hit after hit with his spiked chain, while Venus, Dent and Prynne chopped and slashed away at the statue.

“Now I’ll be willing to bet,” said Nuttin to Lox, “that we set that statue loose when we were pulling on those levers. Take a look there,” he said, pointing to the pedestal. “Looks like some sort of iron bands held it in place.”

“What should we do?” asked Lox.

“Ah, it looks like their handlin’ it just fine, lad. Let em’ take down the beast if they’re so willing.”

Lox just shrugged and continued watching the stone golem in awe. Finally, the four allies defeated the golem, and watched it tumble to the ground. Nuttin walked forward, with Lox following behind.

“That was incredible,” started Lox. “Belasco was swinging his chain and Prynne was kinda dancing around with her swords and Venus was shouting out and Dent was chopping it with his axe…”

“And I suppose the two of you just watched from afar,” mumbled Belasco.

“Well, you seemed to have the situation under control,” Nuttin replied, “and after the speech Venus had just given, I didn’t think the young halfling here needed to get in the way. Besides, someone needed to watch him.”

“Hey, that’s not what you said,” Lox said, spinning and looking at Nuttin.

“Shouldn’t we be moving along?” Nuttin said, smiling sheepishly.

Dent lead group away from the fallen statue and into an empty room. It appeared to be very lived in, yet abandoned. While searching around, Belasco found a vase that had a jelly-like substance inside. Lox, at the other side of the room, found a cloven silver trumpet lying in the corner.

“I don’t think there is anything more here,” said Prynne. “We should continue on.”

The adventurers left the room and traveled down the corridor, when the hall opened into a room with four stone pillars. The pillars were plain and unadorned, making the room rather bland. There was a door to the left of where the group entered, and Lox happily skipped toward it.

“Lumley!” reprimanded Nuttin.

“I won’t open it. I’ll just check to make sure it’s not trapped or nothing.”

Lox inspected the door thoroughly, and concluded that there were no traps to be found. In fact, there was no lock to unlock, which only left him with one thing to do…open the door.
“No traps, no lock…it’s can’t be all that dangerous,” he said with a smile.

With a twist of the wrist, the door was open and an awful, wretched stench came wafting out. Lox turned, tongue sticking out and finger pinching his nose.

“Something smells worse than Nuttin’s feet in there!” he gagged.

The rest of the group wrinkled their noses as well, and when Dent’s lantern shone into the room, the party saw piles of dirt, an assortment of bones, rusty and shattered weapons, as well as tatters and sheds of clothing. Then they saw it…an angry, voracious troll. It came lumbering towards them at full speed, it’s hunger shining in it’s eyes while it’s drool dribbled down it’s chin.

Prynne tumbled effortlessly aside, while Venus leaned in for an attack. The hungry troll moaned as it was struck, but seemed undaunted by the pain. The party sprang into action and began attacking the new foe.

Dent fired his arrow at the beast, and Belasco deftly maneuvered his spiked chain. Prynne used her swords gracefully, while Venus stuck at it swiftly with his scimitar. Lox decided his skills were better used to search around the rubbish in the room for goods, and Nuttin cast Magic Missile into the monster. Before long, the party had felled another foe without being winded.

“So much for that smelly thing,” commented Nuttin.

“There isn’t anything here but bones and rubbish,” said Lox disappointedly.

“Well, you can’t expect every room to have a treasure chest,” said Dent.

“Let’s get out of here. The stench is horrific,” said Nuttin.

“Wait just a moment,” said Venus. “I think this beast just moved.”

“Nonsense,” retorted Belasco. “It’s dead, there’s no way…”
His words trailed off as he turned to see one of the gashes on the creature’s arm mend itself before his eyes.

“You see,” said Venus. “It’s healing somehow. Quickly, what can we do?”

“I’ve heard tales about such a creature,” said Nuttin. “If it’s a troll, then the stories say we should burn it. I’ve got just the thing.”

“I have oil for my lantern,” said Dent.

“No need, ranger,” said Nuttin. After reciting a few spidery-sounding sentences, a Flaming Sphere sprang into life, and Nuttin used it to burn the life from the putrid troll.

“And we thought this thing was stinky when it was alive…”gagged Lox.

The party retreated from the room and pulled the door shut. Weaving their way past the pillars, Belasco put a hand up to stop the party.

“Listen,” he breathed.

He quietly walked back through the pillars and down a dead end corridor. He searched for a moment, but found nothing. Still hearing the soft movement, he walked down another dead end corridor and felt along the wall.

“Ah,” he smiled. Finding a hidden door, he gave it a pull and it swung open sluggishly. Huddled in the corner, of what seemed to be a small closet, was an odd goat-like humanoid.

“Be you friend or foe?”

The trembling man did not respond. He merely covered his head with his arms and huddled closer to the floor.

“Come, bring yourself out of there,” said Belasco.

“Let me try,” said Dent. “What is your name, sir? Are you hurt?”

The man looked up at Dent. Horns protruded from his brow and his unusually hairy face showed worry and fatigue.

“Don’t…don’t hurt me…please don’t…”

The Adventure Continues…

Dartan

First Post
Playing Lox is alot of fun, probably my favorite character so far that i've played...just hope we don't run into any bakers...

Remove ads