The Unusual Heroes vs. The Pool of Radiance

Immort

First Post
Sokay, I understand completely. We're just gittin ready to have our own baby up here, so time is gunna be mighty short fer a bit. Doc's supposed to be inducing on Wednesday. I also know how hard it is to try and go back many many weeks and write from memory. My own story hour is purely ripped outta the fog of my own hazy memory, several months back. Anyhow, keep up the good work, and remember fondly the days when we were single and could do stuff. :cool:

-Immort

Xaltar

First Post
I actually have really good notes to go from Ziona's player. I'll get there, it just takes a lot of time. I'm hoping that Ziona will also start on the new story hour soon as well.

- Xaltar

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Ahem!

Hey there!
Nice Storyhour, BUT...seems there are some storyparts missing, kinda breaks the flow, right? ;)

Let's say 4.4 til 5.x ...?!

But really good work so far, keep it up!

Cheers!

Dougal DeKree, Gnomish Illusionist

Marauder

First Post
I am really keen to see how this turned out!

I am running my PC's and they beat the Alhoon too. For CR 19 it really is very weak with a very poor selection of spells. They trapped the thing at the entrance to the tomb (they had closed the doors so they couldn't be pursued by cultists). The priest tried to Heal it (which acts as Harm) with the Testament of Jade, but I rolled 20 on the save (I nerfed that spell as it's broken). The Cure spells still got through (the book is caster level 20) and after they got hit with a 9-dice fireball the party wizard went on the defensive and started counterspelling its magics! Meanwhile the dwarf was hammering it with his greataxe, while the wood elf chopped it up with First Light. When he got stunned another character picked the damned weapon up. That sword went around like a hot potato whenever the wielder got stunned, and they had managed to position themselves so that only 1 of them could get hit by the mind blast.

Smart players... damn them! I tried so hard to kill one of them too as a pointed lesson for them not to pick fights with everything evil that they see, but I guess that fell flat when they killed it with only a few serious burns... 110hp's doesn't go as far as I thought (ditto the Deepspawn).

They're about to take on Castle Cormanthor now.

Sorry to hijack - I really want to read how your group took on the castle and the final encounter...!

Wasn't the group originally going to to go against the module 'Into the Dragon's Lair' next?

Xaltar

First Post
I'll try to take some time this week to catch up with the story...at least to take it to what Ziona is currently writing.

Between where this story has left off, and where hers picks up, the party finishes the Pool of Radiance Module and Into the Dragon's Later. They also go in search of the long lost Spiderfang keep.

I will also be taking the campaign back next weekend and Ziona will continue to chronicle the party's adventures.

- Xaltar

Remove ads