• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Unusual Heroes vs. The Pool of Radiance

Wee Jas

First Post
Ug.. no game tonight kiddies. Maybe Xaltar will catch up with the story now.. lol.

We ended up playing Warcraft 2 on the network.. should I write about that?! It would be short.. Drexel plays.. Drexel CRUSHES. :)

Renshai

First Post
Wow, this is the exact campaign I had created for players. Galath's Roost leading into Pools of Radiance and beyond... The whole thing ended when that water mephit killed the whole party.

That really sucked.

Ren

Xaltar

First Post
Very good ideas Xaltar. I've been working on the backend of my site for about a month. It is pretty expansive and covers alot of campaign material. It was, in a way, modeled after the Knights of the Silver Quill Homepage.

The campaign pages are going to have some really neat features. The session journal entries will have a function that will allow players to add their own comments so they can go back and look at their own notes in the future.

The database has a place for the current date of the campaign, the next scheduled game... stat blocks for characters tied to each campaign... organizations and adventuring bands as they tie to the party or NPCs met along the way. As well as a Magic Item database that ties each item to the pc or npc that owns it. Its all coming along nicely... hope to be done with it this weekend.

Ren

Your plans sound very similar to my own. I am also working on a Magic Item portion of the database that will have stats and the pictures of unique Magic Items gained in each adventure.

It is also very amusing that you have run basically the same modules. Our group spent a game session in the "Rage" from another Dungeon Magazine. Since the completion of the Pool of Radiance, we have moved on to "Into the Dragon's Lair."

Too bad it takes so long to document the game sessions. Ren, do you have a storyhour for your campaign? How about a sample of the site that your working on. You could either post a link here, or email me at: Xaltar@livingfaerun.com.

- Xaltar

Xaltar

First Post
As for those who have been keeping up with the story... This adventure has a great ending that doesn't exactly adhere to the one in the module. ;)

My party was tough, I couldn't just let it end that easily!

- Xaltar

Renshai

First Post
Well, the Dalelands Campaign didn't ever move forward... the Mephit ended all of that :) But my Return to the Temple campaign is running strong.

I am currently developing all of the backend for the site locally on my pc, so there isn't a url to speak of yet. I'll have something this week though, I'm sure.

I haven't had time to do a story hour for the campaign, but I do hope to at least chronicle the sessions the way that Piratecat does his. I'll probably do a big summary of the previous games before I start entering individual journals.

Ren

Marauder

First Post
Xaltar said:
As for those who have been keeping up with the story... This adventure has a great ending that doesn't exactly adhere to the one in the module. ;)

My party was tough, I couldn't just let it end that easily!

- Xaltar

I think I can see what's coming... if I'm right then you're an evil, evil man Xaltar!

Still, since SKR posted the stats, it really does seem a real shame to not even use them..!

Anyway, I'm keen to see how this adventure pans out!
*prod* :)

Xaltar

First Post
-------------------------------------------
Session 9, Part 3: Goodies and the Gift of Lathander...

Now that the party had given up on the search for Runtel, they decided that it was time to explore the coffin in further detail. The room containing the coffin had a high vaulted ceiling with walls made of black stone with threads of golden metal running through the stone like veins through a hand.

The coffin was constructed of the same black and gold stone as the walls, and was located in the center of the room. As the party approached, they were able to peer through its translucent crystal cover to witness a skeletonized form of a tall human holding a long staff and an ornate mahogany box.

Hunter stood forward, determined to throw this lid off just as he had in the last crypt. Hunter grabbed the lid and heaved with all of his might. He stopped quickly and held his hand to his back, grimacing to hide the sharp pain that he was experiencing. “Err, that’s really heavy.”

He looked up in astonishment to see all of his friends gawking at him. “Oh I’d like to see you try,” he retorted.

Then he realized that they weren’t mocking his weakness, but were staring at the glowing green aura that was now surrounding him, just as it had to the now deceased Mind Flayer Lich. He pondered the implications of the green glow and shrugged. “Nothing I can do about that now,” he said and began trying to pry the lid off the coffin.

Spiderfang was much more concerned about the possible long-term effects of the glowing aura, but noticed that his friend was suffering no immediate effects and Hunter really needed some help. With their combined force, they were able to heave the lid off and retrieve the items inside.

The mahogany box contained a dark gray stone etched with a symbol of a sun, (the rune of the sun) and a scroll with a drawing of the same symbol and the word, “persetcher.” The staff was finely crafted and carved with ornate runes, causing both Drexel and Spiderfang to lightly salivate with anticipation of what powers it might hold.

Drexel was quick to recommend that the party spend the night in the sealed crypt and identify some of the magical items that they had recently acquired. The others, many of which were still recovering from the fireball, were happy to oblige. The party had begun amassing a decent pile of items with unknown effects.

The next day was like a holiday. New weapons were handed out and many interesting magical items had been identified. Many even had powers that existed beyond Drexel’s arcane comprehension. Drexel also found that one of the books that had detected magic from Rothilion’s library had done so because it had a magic page stuffed in the back cover. The page in fact was the final missing page from the Testament of Jade that the party had recovered in Tower of Bone. As Drexel inserted the final page, the book began to glow brightly and when the blinding light had passed the book was completely whole.

Drexel handed the book to Ziona, “I believe that this is meant for a cleric.”

Ziona peered down at the book in which she now held in her hands. The Testament of Jade was a leather-bound book with pages 1 foot square. Its fine green leather cover was encrusted with small pieces of jade. The front was etched with the symbol of Lathander, and a green silk bookmark was sewn into the spine. The book emanated a very faint glow, and appeared to be in such excellent shape that one would think that it was recently bound.

Testament_of_Jade.gif

Ziona read many chapters in the book that day as Drexel continued to identify items. The others were at first happy to see such a powerful item in the hands of their healer, but began to worry about Ziona’s bond with Eilistraee when she would periodically look up from the book and began reciting the words of Lathander.

“Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity, of all humankind and allies.”

“Perfect thyself, guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new things, and work for rebirth and renewal.”

“Whenever possible, see each dawn.”

With the last passage of the day Rossal rolled his eyes in annoyance, as he lay curled up at Ziona’s feet. Rossal hadn’t gotten a cookie all day; he had no sympathy for Lathander.

Still more to come…

Last edited:

Wee Jas

First Post
I got some great stuff there.

Hammer +10 skill check when making bladed weapons
Tongs +10 to make metal armor
Knife +10 Boyer
Page +1 to leather working skill checks

Those items are really cool considering I'm going to start making magical items for the party in the future :)

Remove ads