• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Vistani Return

Phaezen

Adventurer
As a side note, looking at the Dragon 380 table of contents they seem to be spoiling us this month:

The Seeker Bebut, The Vistani (including feats, rituals and magic items), Barbarian Essentials, Wizard Essentials, Channel Divinity: The Raven Queen, Abyssal Genasi and Bazaar of the Bizarre: Dragonshard Items.

MrMyth

First Post
Speaking of quality:

Are there erratas for the two handed weapon fighter article? The level 16 at will utility seems just too good...

I think one of the devs indicated on the WotC forums that they were going to find a way to fix it, but simply had not had the chance between the article release and the time the issue was compiled.

Klaus

First Post
Love Love Love Vistani Fencer. +4 to weapon damage aginst evil eye target (which already grants combat advantage)? That's awesome for dual-wielders!

JPL

Adventurer
These inspired me to get out "Van Richten's Guide to the Vistani" for the first time in ten years or so. Great book, and great articles.

Gypsies are the new pirates.

Baron Opal

First Post
One of the things that I really like about it is that you can easily extrapolate the Vistani into a guild or group that gives concrete benfits to its members. Especially when you combine it with the Grandmaster's training from DMG2.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I think multi-racial Vistani are ultimately a good thing. Real life Roma are an ethnic group stuck between our racial stereotypes and economic and social problems that are really hard for them: forced to be Roma, but with a history of crime as well as oppression. It's complex.

However, the classic "Gypsy" (which is nothing like real-life Roma) is a nifty plot device. It's good that we're eventually differentiating between them and the actual racial group.

Remove ads