The Walking Dead 4.3 Isolation (spoilers)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Not even a zombie proof vehicle at this time. :-S They have to know road condition, they have seen them in the past, and off they go in the fastest, not a four wheel drive, not something with a zombie scoop.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Yeah, but I don't think they've seen horde like this one. That thing was impressive. They needed the meds quickly. It makes sense they took the fastest car.
Rabbit vs turtle. I could see fast but no mods to protect the grill and radiator, they should have known better. It is like the hose in the pond, why did they have it sitting on the bottom, they could have had floats (milk carton) to keep it from getting mud in it.

Last edited:

Rabbit vs turtle. I could see fast but no mods to protect the grill and radiator, they should have known better.
Maybe they just don't have the equipment to make those types of modifications.
It is like the hose in the pond, why did they have it sitting on the bottom, they could have had floats (milk carton) to keep it from getting mud in it.
Limited resources, maybe? I haven't seen many milk jugs around on the show. . They could have used other things, but they probably didn't want it floating around for a zombie to get tangled up on.

Jet Shield

First Post
They have a very definite "good enough" mindset.

A couple of chain link fences to stop a herd of zombies? Good enough.

A hose with a basic filter tossed into a pond? Good enough.

A couple of 55 gallon barrels with no lids to hold all their drinking water? Good enough.

A tiny garden with a dozen plants in it? Good enough.

The more I think about it, the more I hope all their half-measures get them all killed.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Rabbit vs turtle. I could see fast but no mods to protect the grill and radiator, they should have known better.

Not that radiator breakage is what stopped them, but...

You forget that this is not "the zombie apocalypse where we keep electricity for power tools and everyone mysteriously knows how to do combat-quality welding".

Plus, a standard Jeep gets what? 15 MPG? Same goes for most similar vehicles that are maintainable without power tools or computer diagnostics. In a time and place where you're getting no new gas *ever*, you'd choose such an inefficient vehicle?

When you are deeply, seriously lacking in manpower and resources, you don't spend a lot of time making things perfect. You prioritize, and make them good enough for now. Improvements come later.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Resources? Yet, they have enough gas about for what's her face to burn bodies and she is the one doing everything she can to keep everyone alive. Manpower, from what I have seem only about seven people do anything, everyone else is just zombie food.

These little things are what is driving me crazy about the show, the writers have not let the characters learn from their environment. At least on Gilligan's island they adapted to life on the island.

One of the funnies I saw, they showed Carl packing clothes but the characters never change them. I mean that shirt Rick has on, is about to become a zombie on it's own.

Jet Shield

First Post
You forget that this is not "the zombie apocalypse where we keep electricity for power tools and everyone mysteriously knows how to do combat-quality welding".
But why don't they have electricity for power tools? They've been in the prison for what, a year? It only takes a few hours (maybe a couple days for a first-timer) to cobble together a basic wind power generator. There are certainly enough abandoned cars around to supply a large battery bank for power storage.

Plus, a standard Jeep gets what? 15 MPG? Same goes for most similar vehicles that are maintainable without power tools or computer diagnostics. In a time and place where you're getting no new gas *ever*, you'd choose such an inefficient vehicle?
I'd choose a diesel. The reasons should be obvious.

When you are deeply, seriously lacking in manpower and resources, you don't spend a lot of time making things perfect. You prioritize, and make them good enough for now. Improvements come later.
They send people out to get stuff pretty frequently. If they were smart enough to pick up the right things, they could be much more self-sufficient. These people have their priorities all messed up. The first things they should be perfecting are defense, reliable water, and a renewable food source. They seem to treat all those things as hobbies.

Remove ads