• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Watchmen....unwatchable?

Felon

First Post
Yeah, but Desert Hare gives the impression that he makes a habit of going to movies, buying tickets, and then getting up and walking out after 15 minutes if it doesn't "grab" him...which would be a bizarre way to approach moviegoing.

Desert Hare

Banned
Banned
Yeah, but Desert Hare gives the impression that he makes a habit of going to movies, buying tickets, and then getting up and walking out after 15 minutes if it doesn't "grab" him...which would be a bizarre way to approach moviegoing.

She, thank you very much.

And I don't go to the theater all that often. Only 2-3 times a month. That's why I like to get my money's worth.

Amellia

First Post
I'm going to see it for Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I loved him on Supernatural, and I'm sure I'll love him in Watchmen too. He's supposed to appear on the interview circuit today on the View, so I'm wondering if he's going to respond to the mixed/negative critical reviews the show's been getting.

Darthjaye

First Post
First off, it's not entirely the original story and without spoiling it I would say, it was enjoyable for what it was. It has been changed from the source material but i didn't find it one bit less entertaining for the alterations made. The average joe (and here in Vegas there were a bunch of them out at the midnight showing last night) were completely entertained and seemed to like it so the thing about this being only enjoyable by fans of the comic or comics in general is bullpucky.

Go see it and make your own call.....and for goodness sake stay for the movie if your gonna waste the gas to go there in the first place. Otherwise your just being silly and wasteful.

SEMI SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and btw the first few minutes is a montage of the world events leading up to and covering the history of said world so nice going again for the person who left a mere few minutes on a day when the movie isn't even available...nice going ADD Lad/lass. I am pretty sure someone in NY, LA, or here would have gotten a sneak before some small town in Maine would have.

SPOILER OVER-----SCROLL ON TO NEXT ENTRY DAMMIT!!!!

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
It failed to keep my attetion. If I don't like a movie, I get up and get a refund.

If I'm at home and watching a movie I've never seen before and it fails to establish a plot or keep me entertained in the first 15 minutes, I change the channel.
A sad illustratoin of today's youth. I have yet to read anything worthwhile from this new poster in any thread. And the fact that you attempt to judge anything off of a portion of itself explains everything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads