The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Good news. I have experimented a bit with these shards. We can use the weapon of the enemies against them." Glaive suggests, showing how he channels the dissolving demon acid into his namesake. "Should I try to modify the other one for the use by one of you?"

[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Selc]

OOC - I'll bring the two hunters, they may come in useful. Kraken will give them a mixture of his thunder and lightning slingstones to use from a distance.

IC -

Kraken salutes the Midian-hawk.

"That bird's one of the folks I told you about," he explains to the hunters. "Fella's in big with the animal spirits. We follow him, we'll find the others, eh?" He sets off at a jog after the hawk.
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The remaining party sets to work searching for tree trunks large enough to use as canoes. While most of the trunks on the ground are waterlogged and partially rotted, you do find two trees that would be large enough to use. Glaive sets to work chopping them down with his eldritch weapon, the new acidic property helping to make short work of it. After the first one falls, Whisper and Dorel set to work cutting off the extra limbs while Glaive starts on the second.

After an hour Midian returns to the camp and lands. The second tree is down and nearly stripped of its branches. Moments later Kraken emerges from the underbrush leading two island natives naked save for their loincloths. They each carry a short throwing spear and have slings wrapped around their waist.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

As soon as he's able, Midian calls on his powers to shape the wood, trunks twisting and hollowing until they are working canoes for the party.

((OOC: Is that two Wood Shapes he needs to burn, or just one?))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral smirks as he removes his vest, hangs it up on a tree, rolls up his sleeves and continues to work. He says flippantly to Kraken, "By the gods, fellow! I believe you have the knack for making friends in the oddest of places."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken grins in response.

"Too right!" he says. "And I didn't even need to ply 'em with beer. These are Mpe and Tolu, local boys who want to help us with the deadfellas." He turns to the two hunters. "These are the outsider folks who the spirits bought to us." He runs through names, matching them with faces. "Right lads, let's pitch in." He looks to Midian. "Where do you want us?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Right lads, let's pitch in." He looks to Midian. "Where do you want us?"

Even as the introductions are underway, the rough-hewn tree trunks melt like so much hot wax, hollowing out, lengthening, then solidifying again as canoes. As Kraken offers aid, Midian smiles at his handiwork.

"Pick a canoe, gentlefolk. Time to brave the rapids."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

A second Glaive appears in one of the boat. A moment later the old one is fading out of view. "I'm ready", he says.

[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper climbs into the first boat without comment, though she seems tense.

As the others pile in, she mutters, "I hope they don't have a faster way to move than this...or we may be heading into worse than the ambush..."

Remove ads