The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"I can see through it, so I could teleport us. But maybe digging would be better if we need later a quick escape."

[sblock=ooc]

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

With a grunt, the dinosaur-Midian sets his claws to work on the debris, his ape companion joining in.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"You muscular types start without me. I will be searching for useful items." Doral casts a spell, then moves to check the locker and writing desk. If there are any stubborn drawers or locks that are still intact he'll look for traps before trying to open the containers and look for goodies.

DM
[sblock]
Casting Detect Magic if he finds something other than splinters.
[/sblock]

Once he finishes his rummaging he'll go back and help clear the rubble.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
While the others begin shifting stone and breaking through the door, Doral scans the room. He moves over to the writing desk and checks the contents. It has numerous parchments and writing utensils. Most of it looks to be logistics for the camp; food, weapons, supplies, etc. There are many handwritten notes as well. Scanning them quickly, Doral doesn't find anything immediately useful, but he collects them anyway for later study. Turning to the footlocker, he checks it over carefully. There is an odd smell coming from the inside. Poking a dagger in through one of the cracks, he finds the blade is covered in a black slimy substance. Carefully removing the lid, he finds the remains of a trap mechanism inside, now rendered useless by the falling stone. There are numerous bundles of cloth, finely tailored clothes, and wrapped objects. Sorting them on the floor, he finds a pair of boots, a shortsword, leather banded goggles, two flasks, and a silk purse containing an assortment of gems. He reports that all of the objects (other than the gems) glow under his magical vision. Finally, he checks the bedframe, but finds nothing of value.

By the time Doral has finished his search, the doorway has been cleared. You can see a short passage that curves immediately ahead of you.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral whistles in appreciation while gingerly handling the goggles before saying, "I suppose we don't have much time to sort through these goodies. Someone please tell me that they have a bag of holding or some such in their possession. This is a bit much for me to carry."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper comes over and says with some humor, "Just a backpack, will that do? Hmm...these do look nice."

She produces a small jeweler's monocle from her belt pouch and sets it into her right eye, squinting through the several crystalline lenses at the magical goods as she invokes her own magical detection.

(using Artificer's Monocle on the magic items to identify their functions)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper carefully examines the collection of items while the others stand guard at the doorway. She reports her findings:

The goggles appear to enhance a users sight of objects closely studied, similar to a jewelers glass. Goggles of Minute Seeing

The boots are extremely pliable and covered with short, soft fur. They seem to muffle any sound produced by them. Boots of the Elvenkind

The shortsword glows with a soft blue light when drawn from its scabbard. Uttering a command word, she causes it to be covered by an icy sheen. Shortsword +1 Icy

Both flasks appear to have a transmutation effect on them, she believes they are physical ability increasing formulas.

There are approximately 5,000gp worth of gems in the pouch.

Shayuri

First Post
After a few moments Whisper reports, "Some magically enchanted items, but nothing that will help us right away except maybe this..." She taps the shortsword. "If anyone wants to use it."

"Otherwise, we should keep going. We need to destroy this before they organize a concerted response."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Dino-Midian snorts and nods his head, scratching at the door and indicating he agrees the group should move forward.

Remove ads