The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral moves forward carefully keeping one eye on the tower. Bits of stone crunch underfoot as you make your way out onto the road. The mosaic before the main structure catches your eye. It looks like there are two slight circular depressions in the floor flanking the main entrance. Much of the stains, which you can now see is definitely blood, lie around those depressions. The setup screams trap to you but you don't see any obvious trigger mechanism. There are some burn marks from electrical damage on the ground as well. The fresh blood trail leads to the left-most small entrance. Up in the tower you can see a large mechanism made up of tubes and barrels aimed at the street. It looks like some sort of siege weapon.

Doral stealth check (1d20+14=15)
Doral perception check (1d20+11=16)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral quietly slips back to the others and relays what he had seen. "I cannot help but wonder whether there is a mechanism that may detect our movement and discharge munitions if we cross along its firing arc, or if perhaps there are operators watching for movement."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Maybe we can move around it and destroy it from behind then, eh?" says Kraken. "Failing that, how many shots do you think it'll get off if I run straight at it?"

jkason

First Post
"It it's triggered by crossing a line, then I should definitely be able to fly up and behind it. The problem is, I don't know much of anything about mechanicals, so I'm not sure I'd be able to do anything other than try smashing it," the druid says.

He looks to the area Doral indicated as a line, then grimaces.

"I could ... " he pauses. It's clear he's not comfortable with what he's about to say. Finally he shakes his head and pushes forward.

"I could summon animals to cross the line," he says. "They could give us information on where the attack is triggered, and if there's any kind of delay or recharging interval we can take advantage of."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Updated for Doral's Rolls:
There's still no sign of movement in the tower, but Doral notes that the plates are stretched across the whole road leading to the entranceway. Further careful study of the markings on the road reveals that some of them are arcane in nature indicating that there may be other non-visible means of triggering the defenses.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral makes the report and suggests, "There is a possibility that applied weight on the plates may activate the defenses. Does anyone have a method of flying an object or creature over to the plates, then hovering in place for a moment in order to test my hypothesis? If I am correct we may need a method of safely going over the plates without coming into contact."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Not me mate," says Kraken. "Course, if it's an automatic system, we don't need to hide, eh? You lot stay out of sight for now, let me do something really bloody stupid."
He moves a little way away from the group and then stands up out of hiding. If any intelligent agency is watching, it will have seen him. He waits, to see if he is blasted out of his boots.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken stands in the open waiting for a bolt to blast him to pieces. It feels like a long wait, but it is no more than a few seconds. The area remains quiet. None of you spot any movement from the tower.

Remove ads