The Weather

Ryujin

Legend
Seems that my friend in Christchurch didn't even know about the flooding. He's away celebrating his anniversary and hadn't looked at the news for a couple of weeks :D

Other than the water level in the pool being a bit high, no damage.

Certainly don't want this amount of water pouring down, but just a fraction of it would be nice.
This is the Rhine a few days ago:
sandbaenken-auf-dem-rhein-bei-bacharach-am-15-8-2022.jpg

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
No pic because driving at the time.

Heading westbound coming home from trip, saw clouds building up on the horizon ahead of me. Getting closer, there was a V-shaped formation with mixed clouds-and-sun off to the left, same off to the right ...
And a big dark nasty-looking thunderhead at the apex of the V, right on top of where the highway goes.

pukunui

Legend
ie up on a hill away from a river in NW Philadelphia.
NW Philly is my old stomping grounds!

I don't think we really get hot and humid locally think that's more up north in Auckland. For the most part it's cold and damp or summer.
Auckland gets humid but it’s usually not that noticeable thanks to the sea breezes. Living on an isthmus has its perks sometimes.

Philly is much worse for hot, humid summers. I do not miss being stuck to a chair with sweat.

That said, I do miss the snowy winters …

G

Guest 7034872

That’s sad. There was a lot of snow the winter before I left, but I admit I haven’t kept track of the weather in my hometown since.
I was in the Harrisburg area from 2006 until just a few weeks ago, and it changed dramatically before my eyes while there. We went from honest winters that still weren't extreme to habitually finding the snow blower useful only once or twice before spring.

Remove ads