The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No Thrkk and 'alright' do not go in the same pot. But he is a formidable warrior and... Wait! What did you say about bad news and my family?" the half-orc says stepping up to the other half-orc. "And straight answer you! No talking with your hands!"

Gondsman

Explorer
What's his problem? Everyone talks with their hands, pointing and such, why's he got to be all stuck up about it? He may need a surgeon to get that stick out, heh heh. Under his breath Thrkk chastises Bffl and Tff, Now is not the time guys I'm busy.

The Dream Man's former intelligence and Clinical nature with injury's takes over for a bit as he relates the news to Korr, Hey Korr, long time no see. So here's the deal. We got raided some no-brain bandits looking for an easy score, came in all quiet like and set some fires for a distraction. Your brother and sister took the worst of it, Feng was caught in a collapse and lost both his legs just above the knee, and Vola had flaming grease splash on her burning her face and torso pretty bad. Your mother saw a lot of it happen since they went back in the house after pulling her out, and we aren't sure if the blindness is physical or psychological

Under his breath Bffl and Tff have something to add,
She's loony as a bat's what she is. Bffl be nice!

It is evident that Thrkk completely ignores the idea that he's talking to his hands, or that anyone else can hear him do it.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Gods, that sounds awful!" Tac responds, starting to adapt to the new arrival's many voices. "Korr, this little jaunt isn't worth deserting your family in a time of need."

jackslate45

First Post
Glimnock stares intently at the new arrival before saying "I know what this is! These are triplits! First time I ever...OWW! NEKO STOP CLAWING ME!" he shouts, glaring upwards towards his cat.

He wipes some of the blood of his brow before saying "Welcome to the most fascinating place I have ever been before Thrkk! I would ask if you are alright, but the fact that you are standing proves that you are. And the fact that you are a here means that you can handle whatever horrors this place throws at you! If i did not say so, I am a mage extraordinaire . Well, not extraordinaire, more like just a mage, but still!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I need to..." Korr starts to say and then stops. "But what about you all who will help."

*ahrmm* *ahemm*

"Ummm..." Thrkk starts to say.

"Oh no not you. I.."
Korr's shoulders slump. "But then there is no one else is there. I will hurry back don't save the world without me."

Then the half-orc gives Thrkk a look and climbs up the rope out the hole. Leaving the group with it's newest member.

"Um.. Hi I'm Karlous." the human fighter says to break the awkward silence.

[sblock=OOC] Give me a go ahead and I will advance the thread. Pick a room to search they are both empty of monsters.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"I'm Dorian, cleric of Obad-Hai." Dorian introduces himself with a sigh. This will be a long day...

[sblock=OOC]

ready. no room preference.

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 4/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Gondsman

Explorer
Thrkk Bncrshr

Hello all, good to meet you! Not. Sssh! Thrkk stands awkwardly, So with Korr leaving, and i have nothing better to do.....OOH! What's that stuff!

Thrkk moves over to the organic mass with the beetles and starts examining it, touching, breaking off pieces and crumbling it in his fingers, smelling, tasting. The kicks a fair pit of it apart to see what about the environs may have lead to the bugs choosing the spot, was the organic mass here first? did they make it? is it worth breaking it all up to look for treasure? How do the bugs react, do they just scurry about and go away, or gather up stuff and rebuild? Does it taste or smell good? Do the bugs taste or smell good?

Through it all, Thrkk incoherently argues with his selves.

[sblock=ooc]Skill checks Know Nature +4(why here? what is it?), Perception +4(treasure), Survival +4 (do things taste good? will the bugs or mass be of any use?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Gods' speed," Tac offers to the departing half-orc. As his cousin moves in to start breaking things apart, Tac starts, "Be careful! The large bugs spit acid. No telling what kind of caustics might be in anything they've been near," though the warning falls on deaf ears. And hands.

Sighing, the engineer does his best to investigate more cautiously.

OOC: Looks like we're starting with the beetle room:

Perception (1d20+7=18)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Searching the beetle "hive" room.

Thrkk takes to searching the area for anything valuable (and edible). The orange paste is nothing the beetles make and seems to come from the far western wall. It is quite tasty but something is off about it. (Thrkk FORT save, DC 14 or become sickened)

In the southwestern corner the group finds three skeletonized remains of long-dead human figures. They each wear matching soiled red leather armor, an eight pointed star above the left breast of each. Their weapons have long rusted away and most of their clothing has been burned away by the acid beetles.

The group does discover a small belt pouch in ruin with three glass vials, 3 gold coins, and a small cream colored pearl near it.

OCC2: Assuming detect magic is casted and room is swept, to advance the thread.

The three vials contain potions, and the pearl is also magical. While the spell is still active the group finds a magical ring on a mummified hand in the northeastern mass of orange goop.

After it is cleaned the ring looks to be made of silver feathers laid atop each other to form a perfect circle.

Know (nobility and history) to ID star symbol:

[sblock=DC10]The symbol is that of a group know as The Seekers. The Seekers are an organization of unscrupulous archaeologists who make their way plundering ancient sites with little regard for the preservation of the historical knowledge within. They have chapters in most major cities.[/sblock]

[sblock=Identify Magical Items]
Potions: Spellcraft or Perception DC 16 (one roll for all three)
[sblock=Success]potions are cure light wounds d8+1[/sblock]

Pearl: Spellcraft DC 32
[sblock=Success] pearl of power lvl 1[/sblock]

Ring: Spellcraft DC 16
[sblock=Success]ring of feather falling[/sblock][/sblock]

OCC3: Room has been completely searched.

Gondsman

Explorer
Thrikk realizes the Ooze isn't for eating, but he's had worse, a lot worse. Nobody eat this stuff okay? He doesn't recognize the potions though so he moves on. Thrkk moves into the area with the statue and gives a look around not yet touching anything but seeing what there is to see.
[sblock=OOC]Fort: +7 = +3 (base) + 2 (stat) +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened (Plagueborn)

I'm guessing we haven't searched that crypt area with the statue by your explanation. Also guessing that those block looking things are in fact some kind of sarcophagi?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads