The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

Dorian quickly recognizes the potions as healing potions. The clerigy of Obad-Hai sells them, too.

"The symbol belongs to the Seekers, grave-robbers who call themselves archaeologists."

[sblock=OOC]

forgot to add 1 to each roll for guidance spell

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 4/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Dorian quickly recognizes the potions as healing potions. The clerigy of Obad-Hai sells them, too.

"The symbol belongs to the Seekers, grave-robbers who call themselves archaeologists."

"Well, at this point, I'm not sure how archaeologically-sound our own methods are," Tac says with a wry grin, "But we were, at least, requested to do our looking around instead of jumping in to plunder. And with all these nasties around, it's certainly nice to have some extra healing.

Glimnock, any idea what the ring and pearl are for?"

jackslate45

First Post
Glimnock focus' his stare at the ring, looking at something the others could not see. "Hmm....I see...that would be useful when jumping off a tall building in an escape attempt. Or for our Thrkk not a minute ago. This ring will slow us down on a fall, preventing us from getting hurt when going SMACK on the floor" he claps his hands together to emphasize the smack. He next looks at the pearl, stares intently for about 3 seconds and says "Ya I got nothing. Maybe once I figure out that formula for ripping away the fabric of magic to " meow "What do you mean not that spell?! I thought that was why you were teaching me that spell..."

OCC: Glimnock gets Identify at level 3, which will help him with his low INT. And he can't UMD something that would not work for him

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: jackslate45 you may try and activate blindly DC 25 to get the pearl to work.

The group makes it's way to the next chamber...

Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet off the ground, are ranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possibly human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, his red leather armor the only hint of color in this otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper somewhat, and the short east wall abuts a small stone stage. The red clay statue of a powerfully built warrior wielding a cylinder-headed greatclub stands tall upon the stage, its eyes surveying the room.

When each of you enter the room a kind of laziness comes over you. <Will save DC 15 or become fatigued> First Glimnock, then Neko yawn, followed by Thrkk and Tac. The place seems to be some sort of dorm or resting area and it must be making you tired.

[sblock=Searching the corpse] The red armor is in good shape <masterwork leather> but the weapons have long since rusted to worthlessness. There is a small silver ring on his finger. <no magic detected>

Cause of death - it's skull has been crushed. Probably as it was lying on the stone bed.[/sblock]

Attachments

• AoW-BLG lvl2-7.jpg
    AoW-BLG lvl2-7.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 190

jackslate45

First Post
With a loud yawn that causes such a chain reaction, Glimnock says "Anyone else stay up late last night? Or was it just me?" Neko didn't even bother to claw her master, as she yawned as well. With mild interest he stares up at the statue before bringing out the pearl again. "Neko, you think this is what I think it is?" meow "I thought so. Hmm...." Glimnock focus hard on the pearl, and starts whispering to it. More than trying to decern what it was, it seems to be trying to activate it.

Last edited:

Gondsman

Explorer
Thrkk Bncrshr

The wave of laziness that comes upon the Half-Orc is disconcerting like a half remembered dream at the back of his mind. Ah, Nap time! It's way early for that don't listen! Hey, tired is tired. You don't think an impromptu nap in TOMB is a bad idea?!

One thing Thrkk knows is weapons, and he gives the skull a look to see if he can determine the shape of the weapon that made it as something nags at the back of his mind where the Dream Man usually sleeps. This place is real creepy.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

In mid stretch, Tac suddenly shivers as he sees the corpse. The sobering sight breaks him out of the reverie the others seem to have fallen under, and having shaken the sensation, he worries as to its source. As Thrkk seems to be willing look over the dead body, Tac busies himself trying to make sure the group hasn't stumbled into a trap.

OOC: Will Save. (1d20+3=23)

Nat 20: Tac has the save equivalent of 5 hour energy. ;p

Perception (traps) (1d20+8=20)

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

Dorian's training and faith helps him to overcome the magic of his place and he quickly joins the search after a quick prayer for guidance.

[sblock=OOC]
Guidance spells for those in need. not included in my rolls)

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 4/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The room would be the perfect place to take a rest, but since most of your companions are continuing the search everyone pitches in (although a lot of yawning goes on).

After a through search of the room the only things of value are on the corpse and there is no secret ways out or extra rooms.

[sblock=When everyone decides to leave.] Leaving the room somehow breaks the weird fatigue that held sway over you and you are no longer tired.

The last hallway leads to a set of stairs that are covered by water. It seems that this end of the dungeon has been flooded.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac slips the ring off the dead man, and asks the other to help removing the armor.

"Red's not normally my color, but this looks to be a far better make than what I'm using. And, sadly, this poor soul won't have any further need of it."

As they see that the final portion of the passage is underwater, Tac sighs.

"It's possible there's more to find down there, but I'm not a great swimmer, and I'm not sure, given the other denizens of this place, I want to find something when I'm trying to hold my breath. I think we should probably haul ourselves out of here and check the other lifts, yes?"

OOC: MW leather doesn't provide any mechanical benefit over its generic version, other than being enchantment-ready, and flashier. :) I think everyone else is either a no-armor or heavier-armor class, yes? If no one else has use for it, I'll probably put Tac in it and have him leave his generic leather behind; seems reasonably efficient that way, since the generic wouldn't sell for enough to probably make it worth the encumbrance problem.

Remove ads